Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Add/remove Tiles From Building

My question is.. will we keep our houses when this patch goes life or is it all destroyed as always? because then dont bother :)

PLEASE TEST THIS BEFORE ADDING THIS TO REAL SERVERS

In progress B)

Testing? PFFT!! That is not the Wurm way! Ride the WURM!

• Like 3

Updated my post http://forum.wurmonl...ng/#entry736284

*1- Adding to a house that has a second with too low skill is allowed but can`t plan a second floor for added tile = 100% Working - [18:47:08] You need higher Carpentry skill to build at that height.

* 1 - (small bug) Unable to add to a house you don`t have build right too (not on writ) - Message is wrong - [19:07:02] A fence already exists there.

Edited by axeblade346

Thanks for helping with testing! There are some obstacles still with removing the tiles since you can remove the start of your original house. It has to be looked into abit more.

I do have a question for you all. What about existing houses that are not on flat land? Can you add tiles to those at the same level? I know you can't build a second story on them, but wanted to clarify.

This is a great feature to add *but* remember that *removing* house walls is only easily done by the mayor of a deed with 21 body strength that holds the writ, otherwise with even a 70 QL large maul you will only do .002 or so damage to the wall per hit. What needs to be also changed in conjunction with this is that whoever holds the writ can remove an existing wall on a building in say 2 hits (for safety sake) with a common tool such as a low quality shovel, pick or hatchet. In this way you will make the option to remove walls easy for those who have houses off deed and hold the writ to them. Otherwise this change will mainly be a deed centric one that is only convenient for deed mayors with 21 body strength and I don't think the change is being made with that narrow focus in mind.

=Ayes=

@Ayes I'd say it is a deed perk by design, but maybe some tweak might be in order.

Currently seems to be a bit of a bug there though Zcul. As an ally of my deed with every single permission enabled and holding the writ, with 38 body strength and a 70QL large maul trying to bash a house wall, I got the following:

[01:24:40] QL=42.382, dam=0.14161968

[01:24:43] You start to destroy the wall.

[01:24:44] After destroying wall you will start destroying wall again.

[01:25:12] You do no damage to the stone window.

[01:25:12] You start to destroy the wall.

[01:25:38] You see a window.

[01:25:38] QL=42.382, dam=0.14161968

Have to be a citizen of the deed. Not in itself the most dreadful thing ever, but tedious, especially as an enemy player could turn my house in to rubble in a short length of time once raiding comes back in, so why can't I do it myself? Even if I get no bonus.

A writ holder can poof a whole house in a fraction of a second. I cant see it being too horrible to allow the writ holder only to get a bash bonus for the house. I myself would like to keep it at about 4 or 5 bashes to be certain you dont do it by accident and is still leaps and bounds ahead of what we have now. Even a writholder being able to catapult their own walls on Freedom cluster would be a improvement of what we have now.

yeah, sometimes poofing the writ and rebuilding is actually more efficient than modifying it.

@Ayes I'd say it is a deed perk by design, but maybe some tweak might be in order.

Hopefully you will tweak this by a good bit for the *holder of the writ* since many houses are built by players at off deed locations. To others, remember I am not advocating this change for anyone but the *writ holder*, so even on pvp servers it would not effect bashing abilities for enemies; however, I am mainly thinking in PvE terms for this wall destruction bonus.

=Ayes=

yeah, sometimes poofing the writ and rebuilding is actually more efficient than modifying it.

Sometimes, but that's not a likely use case in the days of 4, 5, 9 story tall buildings.

I really can't test this, no time...

But i have a few ideas to add, if you don't mind.

If Friends added to writ can add to the house.

After reading this, i assume that adding plans uses a mallet/hammer like usual.

Hopefully you will tweak this by a good bit for the *holder of the writ* since many houses are built by players at off deed locations. To others, remember I am not advocating this change for anyone but the *writ holder*, so even on pvp servers it would not effect bashing abilities for enemies; however, I am mainly thinking in PvE terms for this wall destruction bonus.

=Ayes=

Also i agree with ayes, about having more flexibility off-deed.

So here's my proposal, which should fix both issues:

Use the writ as a tool.

I'll elaborate, so we want to allow only the writ holder to expand, to avoid guests to mess up houses, also, we want writ holders to bash walls faster.

So why not do this with the writ.

So activate writ, right click a tile (in or adjacent to the house) would output the expand house or remove plan commands, respectively.

By same logic, activating the writ, right clicking a wall would allow you to remove that wall.

This might be harder than it seems, in terms of the game only allowing these commands if you're using the proper writ to a specific house.

But if it can be done, it might add more security and flexibility to house making off-deed.

• Like 1

Any news on the updates for this housing setup?

Been awhile and would be nice to hear.

Thanks..... :)

last i seen it was on test i think?

I know its on test, but have not heard anything about if they plan to release it soon.

Or if there are still or any new problems.

This feature would be so awesome. No need to break down an entire house to make a few minor adjustments.

Bump...

Watches tumble weeds roll by.

Havent seen any updates pass while.

Anything in the works for release date?

Last time there have been a few bugs, like Houses without doors and so on.

So devs are still on it...

Any news?

It is mentioned as one of the features of the Wurm 1.1 release bound to happen in the near(ish) future.

It is mentioned as one of the features of the Wurm 1.1 release bound to happen in the near(ish) future.

aka Soonâ„¢