Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Add/remove Tiles From Building

Hi,

We have just patched the test server with a new function that I think will work nicely.

You can now add tiles to an existing building, and remove tiles from an existing building.

Removing tiles means you need to bash all existing adjacent walls and floors on that tile before you can remove the tile from the structure.

Please test this properly as it is quite a large change to the codebase and requires alot of testing.

Report your findings in this thread!

Best regards

Zcul

• Like 23

Whenever I want to go test new features I am really discouraged by the poor test server...I'm glad not everyone feels that way. Thanks to those who test.

• Like 1

Adding tiles seemed to work flawlessly.

Removing tiles however caused a few issues. First, not sure which walls need to be gone to "successfully" remove a tile but removing a freshly planned tile left ghost frames the first time. I checked to see if I could re-add a tile on the same spot and I was able to. When I removed the tile the second time it correctly removed the frames but also stripped all the finished outer walls from the building. (Just a note, inner walls were uneffected)

Edited by Brigander

ok few glitches I don't think you planned to be like that

1. if plan beside a wooden wall with out destroying it first it will still plan the new section.

2. if you plan then remove then plan again remove and plan again it will remove the inner wall with out having to destroy it.

3. every time you plan a new section it does 4 full walls and you have to remove the inner walls. this is what I found so far.

4 yes all lower walls but 2 vanished when I did the remove plan remove plan in same spot against a planned wall why the 2 walls remained not sure of.

Destroy feature seems to work fine any added gets destroyed with main building.

Edited by Arkonick

ok few glitches I don't think you planned to be like that

1. if plan beside a wooden wall with out destroying it first it will still plan the new section.

I believe this is actually intended, It just converts the outer wall to an inner wall.

when you finally get all bugs worked out can you guys working on this get around to writ combining buildings into a solid writ for more complex constructions.

Maybe when you try to place a addon between to buildings you get a combine option and the writ that is bigger consumes the smaller building actually it wouldn't matter which one gets swallowed up cause you could simple rename it if it uses the wrong named deed.

• Like 1

I believe this is actually intended, It just converts the outer wall to an inner wall.

I sure hope so, it would definitely be the preferred way to do it.

I you have an outer wall with a door and want to add a room next to it ,it would be annoying to destroy the entire wall, extend the plan and rebuild the entire wall.

Edited by Keldun

Sweet.

Nice of you to go out of your way to announce the new feature in advance and request testing. Maybe the next step up could be some testing heuristics to streamline testing and ensuring stability such as informal test cases? :)

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

SO very cool guys. I am happy to see some real forward movement in the game. This will for sure encourage noobs and excite the old timers.

How cool if you can make your noob shack into a mansion later on.

Whoa! didnt think you would have gotten that done so fast. Greatfully appeciated!

Testing done on 25/01/2013 GMT+2 Timezone at 23:00 to 24:00

and 27/01/2013 GMT+2 Timezone a 18:00 to 19:00 (Marked with *1 at start of line)

Client : 3.1.76-4593

Working

-Adding tile to a house = work 100% , old outer wall becomes an inner wall.

-Destroying a house with an added tile via writ = works 100%

-Adding a tile between 2 houses 1 tile apart = 100% Blocked - [23:09:29] You cannot expand in that direction. Too many buildings are close. (can`t join houses)

-Adding a tile over Carp skill = 100% blocked - [23:14:39] You are not skilled enough in carpentry to extend your house in that direction. (Can`t plan over Carp skill)

- Removing a tile with walls = 100% blocked - [23:33:33] You must destroy adjacent walls first, before you can tare down this part of the building.

- Unable to split house in 2 = Working 100% - [23:46:34] You can't divide the house in different parts.

- Cant remove a tile with a floor above = Working 100% - [23:51:54] You must remove existing floor and roofs first, before you can tare down this part of the building.

- Able to Plan/build a wall/door/floor on a added tile's 2nd floor = working 100%

*1- Adding to a house that has a second with too low skill is allowed but can`t plan a second floor for added tile = 100% Working - [18:47:08] You need higher Carpentry skill to build at that height.

Bugged

-Removing a plan leaves a ghost plan behind

-Able to remove the WHOLE plan (aka the original plan) and writ stays until you use it - [23:14:39] You are not skilled enough in carpentry to extend your house in that direction.

- Able to remove a tile with walls on it after a removed a tile next to it as walls gets removed to

- Removing a tile next to a build on tile removes all walls not part of the just removed tile (of ground floor only)

- Locked doors unlock (no lock on examine) if door is part of an added tile borders. (Only tested on 1 door - please verify)

* 1 - (small bug) Unable to add to a house you don`t have build right too (not on writ) - Message is wrong - [19:07:02] A fence already exists there.

Please check into

- Able to add a tile in such a way that all the outer tiles is walls/windows - no doors.

Unable to test

If writ permission stays - No friends / village / kingdom to test with.

If Friends added to writ can add to the house.

********* Updated on 27/01/2013 with *1 lines ********

Edited by axeblade346
  • Like 1

May not be related to the new feature, but if your messages above are copy/pasted from the game, shouldn't tare be spelled tear?

A much appreciated feature, and the problems I saw on test have already been pointed out.

Much much much appreciated. Can't wait till all the kinks worked out and it's added. TY TY TY!

Sweet and I was just about to get rid of my old house to put up a new multistory guess I'll wait a bit more :)

My question is.. will we keep our houses when this patch goes life or is it all destroyed as always? because then dont bother :)

PLEASE TEST THIS BEFORE ADDING THIS TO REAL SERVERS

Edited by whykillme