Sign in to follow this  
metis

G11/g13/g15/g19 Logitech Keyboards

I thnk not feasible if the user interactivity feedback is done in the 3D world itself. Unless the code is cracked accessing the 3D engine with named objects where it says put mob over there, all you can really have is a 3-D ripper that intercepts polygons. It is not that simple to pattern match 3D (really 5D if considering it is multi-modal with time and sound) that can be at any viewpoint. I am not talking about crafting windows that have icons and are simple 2D point and click.

Actually, this would require basic knowledge of opengl and the JVM at most.

Adding feedback interactivity even if it can be cracked by those sniffing out 3D objects and writing a game on top of a game, still has benefit that it eliminates the casual macroers that was doing it not because they wanted to cheat to get ahead, but because the repetitive dull UI is literally painful and boring to use, but they would never pay for a crackers work.

By adding feedback interactivity, and by that I mean absolutely not blocking captcha, you make the game more interesting to play than macro for the would be casual macroer. You also make it so the macroer basically has to buy a program, which limits the number of potential macroers. It also means the macroer needs to randomly miss the shiney gem on screen their object sniffer could have hit so they look human, and avoid the high score and be sure they are doing poorly.

If you make it impossible to get all the bonuses with a wack the mole type game during farming, humans will keep trying because that is fun (witness carny row at any carnival), but the cheater macro would easily be caught if they caught all the bonuses, and that means the macro needs to nerf themselves not to cheat! This reduces the harm that macros cause, fewer use them, and those that do cannot use them to cheat as it identifies them as a bot, and that is the real goal rather than making an uncrackable system. Would the GMs really care if someone is actually a bot that is playing as badly as a human noob? The only harm done is the player was not engaged, but there was no OP productivity.

Edited by yarnevk

I Think the rules are clear, use some common sense. I don't think you can accidently macro, if you do it you know that you are doing it. No need for further explanations really.

• Like 1

Figthing the macros in this way is a figth loosed from the begining, and the victims are the legit players. Is a endless sword vs shield war.

The only way to figth the macroers is eliminathing the need to macro in the first place, i recon idk how to do that without drastically change what wurm is, but as i see it is the only viable way.

• Like 1

Use of the 'G' keys on a G series keyboard, mouse, or other similar product is permitted to send multiple actions as a QUEUE, provided that there is absolutely no delay between the actions sent.

Based on the above information the following command is legal, is this correct spellcast?

I'm sending multiple actions to my queue and there is no delay. The change in the rules is non-specific about whether or not the action has to be the same one.

If this is in fact permitted, I'll be creating macros to chopx4 minex4, digx4, imp/repair/imp/repair -- all to ONE key each on my G-keys.

WsoyiBrl.png

Edited by bwg

that is fine bwg, as long as you dont use the option to add delay between the characters or a repeat.

i use U and I for repair / Imp, (why M? its so far from I?) and i can tap iuiui fast enough that all get sent in the same second of timestamp in event window, so there isnt any real difference with using one of the G keys to do the same other than I burn more calories my way.

(why M? its so far from I?)

Because the keys on the right side of my keyboard are mapped randomly - they're all re-assigned to G keys. So repair is G7 and improve is G8. However, with this new rule G7 will be improve, repair, improve, repair!

Thanks!

Oh - also, would this be permitted.

" 4 ENTER "

So when I drag from a BSB I can hit a G key to enter 4 into the # box and hit enter, instead of me having to type 4 and press enter? Again, with no delay.

Since this value cannot be changed in the settings (only shift-drag can be changed) it would be helpful to be able to only take a set number of items at a time.

OK so what about people who was banned for using a Logitech type keyboard? with keys similar to G keys? since the rules changed? do they get unbanned accounts / apologies now? Maybe free month of premium or two to reimburse their loss?

as a friend of mine lost a deed+ his priest account recently due to using a gaming keyboard.

He would use 1 key mapped as P-(pray) hit it, go back to his 2 other accounts and play, then come back and hit the button again. Thus ignoring that account except to pray, (it never ate/drank/etc unless he wasnt playing his other 2 accounts which was rare)

I also have a gaming keyboard, have had it since Logitech came out with G15 (so its the blue lit keys with movable monochrome LCD)

I recently got the Logitech G930 headphones with 3 G keys.. down the road I might get the Logitech mouse with G keys (dunno yet since current Logitech M mouse is so nice still)

But unlike him,I only play one account, im not online much.. (infact in total I got under 65days of gameplay over last year..)

while he was online often, until ban, and gots multiple accounts.. which he is not considering not renewing any of his accounts (along with few other friends of mine with multi accounts) because the ban so disheartened him (along with some other issues)

the G key use as permitted under the new rule would not result in a player being banned for macro use, so if your friend was banned then he was not using the keyboard in the described manner.

we have not actually changed how we define, detect, or punish a macro within the team, only the wording of the rule itself.

Well I didnt say which friend, so you dont know the case im sure.

But I do know this is how he used his gaming keyboard. so yes this is why he was banned.

And unlike many others who say "my friend" I really do mean a friend :P and if any GM wants info - I can provide it. but since I passed this onto my friend im sure he will be doing his own attempts to return his character.

Which was banned 1-2 months before this rule changed.

I have had 2 friends banned for "macro" use. One proved he was just using a Keybind and tapping the button to que up actions, then ignored that char. so he was unbanned.

but my other friend was using a hardware keyboard to do similar to Logitech G keys (but not logitech brand) but end result was same. it was a keybind remap feature to a different type gaming keyboard.

it doesnt matter which case.

Using a gaming keyboard in the manner specified in the rule would not have resulted in a ban at any time in the past several years.

How about mouse function macros (notice the 'mouse function' tab in the screenshot above) ?

How about mouse function macros (notice the 'mouse function' tab in the screenshot above) ?

Same rule applies.

Quote: Use of the 'G' keys on a G series keyboard, mouse, or other similar product is permitted to send multiple actions as a QUEUE, provided that there is absolutely no delay between the actions sent.

Same rule applies.

Quote: Use of the 'G' keys on a G series keyboard, mouse, or other similar product is permitted to send multiple actions as a QUEUE, provided that there is absolutely no delay between the actions sent.

Wouldn't a mouse action imply a delay due to movement ? or does the program just let you enter coordinates for a click or w/e (i doesn't has fancy keyboard)

Edited by Elen

Elen was asking about the other way round: binding regualr mouse functions to a G key.

I'd say you can bind the right klick or the scrollwheel, but if you bind any mouse movement you can get in trouble.

I don't see how re-binding a key to any other key, mouse included, would give any unfair advantage over other players so (I'm no GM...) I don't see how it could be considered illegal.

The mouse actions on the Logitech control panel allow Gkey to be assigned to mouse buttons, not mouse movement. However, I can't see how in Wurm mouse clicks can be used to an unfair advantage.

e.g. Bind G4 to left click, right click, mouse3 click. How that would ever be helpful in Wurm I have no idea.

But if it was used to do

[Wait 3 seconds while you move your mouse]

[Wait 3]

, then that immediately breaks the rule defined as no delays.