Sign in to follow this  
metis

G11/g13/g15/g19 Logitech Keyboards

ok so I was curious because of some people making the " SEE YOU LATER WURM, or GOOD BYE WURM " post because they were caught using macro's.

Now my questions is this....

since Code Club AB defines macroing as:

Macroing

Definition:

Macroing is the use of a program that automatically performs actions for you, this is a game unbalancing activity and as such is dealt with harshly

Key locking (IE weighing down a key on your keyboard) a bound key is illegal, as is any contrivance to automate game actions not intended as part of the game mechanics.

Such actions will be considered under the heading of macro's and will be penalized as such."

You allow Key Binds/Binding thru your own client which is widley promoted and encouraged by the wurm community to use yet you specifically discourage key bindings out side of your client?

no where in there(^definition) is hardware mentioned...so legally, by your own definition the gaming keyboards(Hardware) are legal. Can someone who has the authority(legal and enforceable) to give legit honest feedback on to this, whether or not this is correct and if it is not when will the rules be updated.

All resources I looked into beside the general ranting and rave threads of people QQ'ing over their bans.

http://forum.wurmonl...game-agreement/

http://forum.wurmonl...c/7-game-rules/

Please don't post your opinions on WHAT you think, I am looking for a representative of Wurm Online and/or Code Club AB .

Who can legally speak for and make the official comment on this in regards to game hardware.

Edited by metis

Not sure why you posted this here if you don't want everyones opinions on the deal if you want an official response from a staff member you should just pm one of them and ask.

"use of a program that automatically performs actions for you" This would include firmware.

I think the general consensus is; if you can walk away from your PC and continue to action beyond your queue allows then you're doing something prohibited.

Edit: In addition, if you press one key to conduct more than one different action, then this is probably prohibited also. Repeating the same action to the limit of your mind logic would be permitted, providing it is in line with my first point.

Edited by bwg
  • Like 3

"use of a program that automatically performs actions for you" This would include firmware.

OMG FIRMWARE...guess everyone is a macro'er then...every hardware piece for computer performs automated actions for you...thats why is called firmware http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmware

Edited by metis

Not sure why you posted this here if you don't want everyones opinions on the deal if you want an official response from a staff member you should just pm one of them and ask.

A PM is Private ...Im trying to get solid and good information for everyone...otherwise if I PM some GM or whatever..then its a "he said, she said" or word of mouth...not reliable

• Like 1

I think the general consensus is; if you can walk away from your PC and continue to action beyond your queue allows then you're doing something prohibited.

that is general consensus

con·sen·sus (kschwa.gifn-sebreve.gifnprime.gifsschwa.gifs)

n.

1. An opinion or position reached by a group as a whole: "Among political women . . . there is a clear consensus about the problems women candidates have traditionally faced" (Wendy Kaminer). See Usage Note at redundancy.

2. General agreement or accord: government by consensus.

still not a legally binding and the whole group as I have seen (Wurm Community/player base) has not come to this accord and officially stated such nor have they been asked to. All we have is the RULES.

Edited by metis

AGAIN

Please don't post your opinions on WHAT you think, I am looking for a representative of Wurm Online and/or Code Club AB .

Who can legally speak for and make the official comment on this in regards to game hardware.

Good luck at 4am EU time.

Drop the attitude, this is a public forum. Send a support in game or pm Enki on the forum.

As someone who has played since JKH I can tell you that any form of automation which isn't built into thhe client is likely to get you banned.

Good luck getting your official response.

• Like 1

Just to be clear on what you're asking...

When I bind something in game, like say BIND X FARM for example, I am binding a single action to the key X. I click X once, the farming action is executed once.

If I then, through logitech's mouse control software, bind the letter X to the thumb button on my mouse, I am binding an in-game action to my mouse using external software, BUT, I am still just binding a single action. If I click on the thumb button of my mouse once, the farming action is executed once.

That is as far as I personally take it.

I have a logitech g110 keyboard where it would be possible to bind multiple actions to a single key. In those instances, if I were to click one of those buttons once, multiple actions could be executed multiple times.

Which of these two different situations are you asking about?

When I bind something in game, like say BIND X FARM for example, I am binding a single action to the key X. I click X once, the farming action is executed once.

If I then, through logitech's mouse control software, bind the letter X to the thumb button on my mouse, I am binding an in-game action to my mouse using external software, BUT, I am still just binding a single action. If I click on the thumb button of my mouse once, the farming action is executed once.

I have a logitech g110 keyboard where it would be possible to bind multiple actions to a single key. In those instances, if I were to click one of those buttons once, multiple actions could be executed multiple times.

the first one

Good luck at 4am EU time.

Drop the attitude, this is a public forum. Send a support in game or pm Enki on the forum.

As someone who has played since JKH I can tell you that any form of automation which isn't built into thhe client is likely to get you banned.

Good luck getting your official response.

I didn't mean to come off as having attitude, I am trying reason out other people's responses with logic and that is why I asked not for opinions but legit responses

Opinion Opinion Opinion Gotta give my Opinion,

Opinion Opinion Opinion Man I love to flaunt my Opinion,

Opinion Opinion Opinion Shut up and follow the rules, OH pinion

Don't make an open post on the public forums and ask people not to post their opinions when you most likely won't even receive an official response.

You know what you can and can't do, and so does everyone else. Quit playing dumb.

The first action is completely fine and allowed. You can bind you G1 key to a single action of " Farm " if you wanted to. This is a keybind , not a macro.

What you can NOT do is set up those keys to mine repeatedly with no interaction from yourself beyond the initial button press ( thereby setting up a macro to repeat your action instead of a keybind ).

Any GM will tell you exactly the same thing basically.

Now it is also in the rules to not challenge a decision made made by staff and such in public, so if this thread is about honest opinion of the players for something that you were banned for, you aren't allowed to do it here :/

• Like 1

If you ever need any rules clarified you should PM a member of the GM team.

I can see were you could use one of these new keyboards to simplify actions but if you cross the line and use them while your afk then it becomes against the rules. I would also guess that using the gamming keyboard would create a pattern in pauses and key presses making it detectable if they were running checks for that making even monitored macroing detectable. There are games out there that allow macros but they do not here so until they do it is best not to do it unless you want to risk being banned. Edit: oh i forgot he did not want my views or opinions, lol

Edited by Kegan

Lol...ok I am not banned and do not macro. But the only ones who seemed to ask this question are the ones who have been banned. So because it is in my nature go against the grain I thought someone who is an active playing member of wurm still should see what exactly was causing these others to get banned. I'm not scared to open a thread on taboo topics because of possible repercussions when I in fact don't feel it necessary to pay for a game and let my computer play for me. Kinda makes no sense. But I do want to know the official stance on the keyboards because I do own one and want to know where the limits are with it. As I hate the mouse GUI and would like to make more common task easier...not autonomous. Some here will continue to troll and such but I really do appreciate those of you who are giving this serious thought and feed back. I believe this is important enough of a question for those of us still learning the game can have a better more clear understanding of the difference between macro and quick keying actions, also if this post is taken seriously it would help provide the information to inform OUR community and possibly reduce the infractions.

Opinion Opinion Opinion Gotta give my Opinion,

Opinion Opinion Opinion Man I love to flaunt my Opinion,

Opinion Opinion Opinion Shut up and follow the rules, OH pinion

your opinion has been noted. But if you have a real and helpful thought on the topic please post that next time. Thanks.

So Metis, what were you banned for? Can I take a guess?

I am not banned,this is exactly why I'm posting. As the only one's who post these topics are banned then we never hear about it again until someone else makes the mistake

Actually, this gets asked every so often, I'll see if I can find any of the previous threads for you. In at least one of them, I seem to remember a GM response.

Also, if you pm the GM team on a policy question, as long as you ask first, I've never had them say no to reposting the response. But it may depend on the topic.

Don't make an open post on the public forums and ask people not to post their opinions when you most likely won't even receive an official response.

You know what you can and can't do, and so does everyone else. Quit playing dumb.

To say one is playing dumb is to imply you know and understand others thoughts and motives..only a fool would go around telling people that. I sir am ignorant and not "playing dumb"