Sign in to follow this  
Postes

Option To Disable Visible Helmet.

Face customization is neat, but kind of a let down you never get to see anyone on a PvP server. You just all look like the same great helm, and there's really no difference in people like that.

Obviously you need a helmet for PvP, but maybe you do like a / command to disable the model rendering, and just show the face, but still have protection (yeah ripping off WoW).

• Like 3

O.o why not take off your helmet when your being social? thats what i do, but i RP i guess

Face customization is neat, but kind of a let down you never get to see anyone on a PvP server. You just all look like the same great helm, and there's really no difference in people like that.

Obviously you need a helmet for PvP, but maybe you do like a / command to disable the model rendering, and just show the face, but still have protection (yeah ripping off WoW).

Not exactly ripping off Wow, it's been a common feature in games long before Wow was ever released. +1 tho.

-1 it could affect gameplay slightly, someone might go for your head more thinking you don't have a helmet on, when you actually have a souped up helmet and are using this function to get them to aim for your head.

-1 it could affect gameplay slightly, someone might go for your head more thinking you don't have a helmet on, when you actually have a souped up helmet and are using this function to get them to aim for your head.

You can already do this with jewlery (while it might be a bug though...), but I think the suggestion is for you only. So if you don't want to take that risk of not knowing if the guy's got a helm on or not, don't check it off. I'm gonna aim for your head anyway regardless.

• Like 1

Not sure I like this, part of the point of visible armor was to quickly see what somebody had on for targeting purposes, this just puts you back to having to click->click->click to see if they really do or don't have a helmet on.

If you want to see Entendu's flowing golden locks he should take his helmet off.

I'd be down with two helm models, one with and one without a visor and you could control (without impact to PvP) whether the visor rendered to others, basically whether you had visor up/down. I could see that being kind of ugly to track/code though.

Edited by belthize

The whole point here is it doesnt really affect pvp - it's a voluntary disadvantage to yourself and nobody else.

The whole point here is it doesnt really affect pvp - it's a voluntary disadvantage to yourself and nobody else.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the suggestion is it

A. You do /command and you no longer see other peoples helmets

or

B. You do /command and nobody sees your helmet

If it's A then apologies, yeah that has no down side. If it's B then it has big down side. I assumed it was B but in re-reading A makes more sense.

Customizable faces came along with visiable armor. In my opinion i'd rather prioritize atleast seeing the head over a blank helmet. It's not like it would drastically effect the outcome of anything, everyone already wears a Great/Basinet Helmet, if you don't you're an immidiant target anyway so in that case it would even help people.

And yes it's making it so that others don't see your own helmet, not phasing away everyones

I would like to see a new helm with a visor, just have it automatically pop down in combat ( a reflex action same as drawing your weapon).

The 'bucket' helm is definately ugly and as soon as visible armor came out I started carrying it in my inventory and wearing a cloth hood all the time when working around the deed, only putting it on when expecting trouble.

No, Id rather keep it the way it is. If a display helmet option was made so that it only affected that particular individual's helm, maybe.

Atm people can choose whether or not to have their faces displayed. Sure I can see helms as being a hassle, especially if one doesnt like the aesthetics for whatever reason.

Personally Id rather go for having layered clothing, which potentially would be even more covering up.

Edited by Klaa

you could just code it so when enemy is in local it forces the model to appear too

• Like 1

you could just code it so when enemy is in local it forces the model to appear too

That's probably easier than trying to track character by character state data. I'd definitely be in favor that kind of mode.

Then that person would be wise to look>equipment while fighting.

+1 to the suggestion.

as far as im aware helms not protecting eyes still isnt fixed at the mo, so regardless of wether you seem to have a great helm on or not, im aiming for your face.

+1

What of the psychological impact an opposing force may wish to utilize?

Also the helms look fine to me.

No one said they're ugly, just sometimes a bit bland to see everyone looking exactly alike, hard to really say 'Hey target the guy in chain" when everyone is in it, maybe this way you could tell people apart a bit more easier.

Again, it's optional, it's nothing forced, if you don't like you don't have to do it. Yeah I could take my helmet on and off, I mean sure, but it's just boring to do so. I mean we have this awesome face customization and yet in PvP just everyone is the same, you don't get to enjoy that look of everyone. Everyone just looks like clones.

Edited by Postes

better be or im raiding low maner

After careful consideration I wholeheartedly support this suggestion.

Then that person would be wise to look>equipment while fighting.

+1 to the suggestion.

Yes, because of course it'd take a few seconds and clicks to tell what someone is wearing on their head that is standing straight in front of you.

-1, terrible idea. If you want people to see your face, don't wear a helmet. Simple