Sign in to follow this  
longshanks

Trolls

so now trolls can walk through locked gates onto deed sneak up and ninja kill your priest or main if your not paying attension

wtf unlocked gates sure but locked ones seriously come on this is a joke

It's been around for a few months now. Hidden inside patch notes.

Trolls only? I've been trying to lure out a spider through an unlocked gate for days now and it just doesn't want to go through.

I'm pretty sure i recall seeing patch notes say 'humanoids'.

It may apply to goblins as well

Trolls, lava fiends and goblins for sure. Bipeds.

But OP mentions locked gates and I haven't heard that one before.

I have heard of unlocked gates plenty but I have not yet heard of a troll getting through a locked gate nor experienced it myself.

How recently was this? Today? Only curious, I completely believe it.

it was today .i was happy smelting some iron and the next thing i check my priest and it dead ven troll gank ,i checked all gate and they was locked

Locked gates and house doors have been noted by Dev remark to keep humanoids from entering, they can only pass through the unlocked of those types. A few days back I thought a troll had spawned on my deed tiles because it was inside my deeded area that was completely fenced in with all exterior surrounding gates locked. Turns out it had spawned in the on deed mine, walked out the entrance, bashed down the tall stone wall next to it, climbed up the steep slope and passed through an unlocked interior gate to wander down by the horse farm where in shocked surprise I found it standing.

Seems that I did not notice the bashed tall stone wall until I went down into the mine some days after this and then realized that the troll AI was a lot "smarter" than I had given it credit for, since in it's clever determination to further explore my interior deed it had gone through these various steps. Point being, your troll visitor may have entered in another way than the one you surmised. Personally, I don't think that these humanoid types should be able to enter unlocked gates and houses, the same way that they keep other aggro's out. Even made a post about it and some resulting complications but basically the player response was to deal with it.

Also note that trolls are still bashing down on deed walls, another protested and unpopular change. They (Devo's) did another bad bad thing.

*shrugs*

=Ayes=

No guards?

I always have 1, regardless if not just for the alarm.

Edited by GreenHero

Well that explains where the troll that attacked our Fo Priestess came from >_> Actually would make sense if they could magically walk through locked doors and gates seeing as there was no where else the bloody thing could have come from.

Seriously Rolf, why do you feel the need to do this stupid stuff? Its undesired and nothing more than a nuisance just like them bashing walls. Remove this crap,

Today troll killed me. I was behind locked gate, inside locked house - he just came in and killed me (he was outside the deed first, killed spirit templar and then me :P).

Seriously Rolf, why do you feel the need to do this stupid stuff? Its undesired and nothing more than a nuisance just like them bashing walls. Remove this crap,

I settled in a troll infested area and my walls feel much more important with a danger out there even if I have to put in 20-30 mins a week doing a bit of maintenance to make sure the trolls stay out. Considering how tame and boring the environment in general is for PvE once you even have a wooden fence, stuff like this really does need to start to happening though probably balanced a bit better. I haven't seen it happen yet myself but they certainly shouldn't be able to instantly get through locked gates if that's what's happening. The quality of the locks should factor into things and trolls should be less likely to spawn in more densely populated areas and maybe be more of a rural threat. Isn't it in the plans for humanoid creatures to behave more intelligently and harass the players in more interesting ways? If people are already whining about this minor stuff I can only imagine what's going to happen when humanoid creatures start attacking and doing stuff to players property in some sort of intelligent manner. Perhaps there needs to be a PvN(Player vs Nothing) cluster for the people who just would rather not have any hostile interactions and just build without opposition or danger of any kind?

Edited by Theodis

Your right theodis, the game already lacks much needed npc's of any kind. Making the game anymore easier would take away from the challenges. People need to learn and adapt to these situations, that's what wurms about right? Starving to death in the wilderness and dying in horrible ways.

• Like 1

When the change was made allowing humanoids to enter through unlocked gates and unlocked house doors the Dev's said they would *not* be able to enter through locked gates and locked house doors. We need some sort of security to protect ourselves from these pests and the locked gates and house doors at least provide that much by preventing them from entering, so this minimal protection from them should be continued to be provided to those who don't want to waste valuable in game time dealing with them in other ways.

If these humanoid annoying nusiance pests are now entering through locked gates and house doors in light of the Dev's statement to the contrary, then this must be a bug and should be resloved asap so that those of us who provide this locked protection from these pests can continue to go on peacefully with our business inside an environment that we have taken the time to construct to prevent their intrusion inside of. It is enough of a so called "danger" to be kept outside of these protections where we are then aware that we have to take measures to deal with them in one way or the other.

=Ayes=

I think those changes are a efort to try to stop the caging of creatures

I think those changes are a efort to try to stop the caging of creatures

I would agree if it was for champions and uniques only....but this also affects the newbie rules for "enclosures".... since we can't hear the trolls bashing(why btw?) some people won't even notice that their fence got bashed until someone else "use" it as exception (cause hole in an enclosure) to grief a person....which is bad I think :o

I agree that pve servers CAN be boring, but we also made our homes here, because we wanted to feel safe on a PVE server insetad of a PVP server...if rolf really wants to have some "action" he should give people more reasons to actually leave their deed.....in my opinion...

start with big house carts for travelling around ;)

• Like 1

Champion models go through locked gate, and of course if they spawn within your secure area

Your right theodis, the game already lacks much needed npc's of any kind. Making the game anymore easier would take away from the challenges. People need to learn and adapt to these situations, that's what wurms about right? Starving to death in the wilderness and dying in horrible ways.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not but yeah the most fun I had in the game was as a newbie when the environment was challenging and it was a struggle to survive. Constantly fending off attacks and starvation planning my next actions and where I'd be getting my next meal always staying aware as to not get caught off guard by a wolf or a troll. Getting my first house and cowering in it to heal myself and avoid the nasties outside felt great. But as soon as I got my fenced in yard complete and could easily grow my meals the game changed from that of survival to simply just grinding numbers and making it even easier for myself to grind numbers. The point of grinding number being to make an easy life even easier :P. I'm very happy that Rolf is attempting to make the environment more threatening so the PvE portion of the game stays more interesting past the first few weeks of play. It certainly does need to be balanced, have more ways to protect yourself but never any perfect protections, as well as more regional based threats and being able to divert the threats in some way so people can get some degree of choice in how hostile their choice of residence is. We really need a separate server for people who simply want to build and grind. I'd hate for Rolf to pull back on PvE features or make them tame and boring for the group of people that simply want to build and think it's just an annoyance rather than a feature.

Trolls walking through unlocked gates and doors is pushing it. Locked gates and doors? Come on, really? That's ridiculous. Bugfix now please. And remove trolls bashing, at least on deed. If my village pays upkeep every month to prevent decay, we shouldn't have to spend time repairing walls anyway because a troll decided it was bored and wanted to whack something.

• Like 1

Only time i had a Fence bashed was when i locked a Lava Fiend, and then forgot to feed it for a while...

It was a pain too, because it opened 3 holes in my walls, which meant the loss of a couple horses and dogs...

It sucks that they go through unlocked gates, but that's somewhat logical, i mean if they have enough inteligence to put a loincloth on, and make himself a ql 45 club... Then it probably can open a unlocked door.

Locked doors, and deeded walls, though, should have a different standard. I agree that these animals should bash if they find themselves trapped. But Bashing outside-in, kinda sucks.

I am all for making the servers actually become pve. Right now as it stands its not really pve at all. I would even be fine with the troll bashing walls and fences to come get me when I am online. I dont even have fences around my deed so regular mobs can come right on in.

Problem is your offline and troll wanders in starts bashing the hell out of everything and the next thing you know all those horses you have spent months to years breeding for perfect traits are now wandering all over and being killed or taken by other players. I have had this happen to me 2 times now and its not fun. I was lucky and managed to round them all up but maybe not lucky the next time. Just a mere few seconds of a troll bashing and it negates months and months of work.

Perhaps what we need to have is a deed setting that allows such actions. This way people who want to be safe and or keep their animals safe have the ability to do so and others that want the troll bashing can still have it.

Once again I am all for harder, stronger mobs. I would probably even add npc bandits to the game and a ton of other things to increase the challenge. But a deed should be a safe zone for players without having them have to hire several guards to not have to worry about trolls when they go offline.