Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

New Wall Types For Barn Plz Check It Out

Maybe you'll can add this for the future so we can make more life like barns. futurebarn.jpg

• Like 4

+1 Been asking for this for ages.

Suggested this in the past, also suggested, making it 2 slots per tile, and using it like a bulk storage for horses of sorts (in the sense that it will be less entries on the db, not in the sense that you'd put 100 horses in one)

Edited by ReaverKane

Very nice. But we can't plant grass in buildings still though right?

Very nice. But we can't plant grass in buildings still though right?

You can plan over grass and enchant it so it doesn't get eaten up :)

Love the gates, but as far as planting grass in buildings, that really doesn't make sense anyway. We should have a more practical means to cut hay and leave it for horses to eat so we don't have to worry about grass inside barns. Sorry for the OT, but felt that comment should be responded to.

Love the gates, but as far as planting grass in buildings, that really doesn't make sense anyway. We should have a more practical means to cut hay and leave it for horses to eat so we don't have to worry about grass inside barns. Sorry for the OT, but felt that comment should be responded to.

Very true I just added it for a look id rather have a new crop called hey my self to feed my live stock ability to make bundles and leave them on the ground to feed the animal's.

Edited by Arkonick

I like this idea,

Looking at it I would use an arch way instead of a solid wall and have it going out 1wide x 3 long 2 grass 1 dirt and a gate beside the dirt

Very true I just added it for a look id rather have a new crop called hey my self to feed my live stock ability to make bundles and leave them on the ground to feed the animal's.

Hay isn't an actual plant or crop... Mostly its a by-product of grain crops.

also, unless it had a REALLY high yield... It would still be outweighed by just leaving animals to graze.

Umm, well I never said that we should be able to plant grass in buildings. I was just asking a question.

I asked for this too before a few weeks so YES!

edit: I think it would also fit into wurms "sandbox" system if they would add the possibility to activate a border after an arched wall got build on it and then just build a fence gate^^

Edited by Miretta

It looks great. This is a good example of how we could apply barn like logic and still see animals. I don't think the OP is endorsing Barns like me in anyway.

1. Store animal in pen which removes it from the creature AI calculations.

2. Client side the game shows a horse inside a pen.

3. We'd need to figure out food supply and I think cleaning should be required also. Keep in mind how much time it takes now to feed an animal. For me that is about 20 sec every 4 days per a horse. This would be especially true when we add in cleaning time.

about grass indoors: Even if you get it enchanted, enchanted grass has been destroyed in the past and I think it still is happening now. The only way to replace it would be to tear down the barn and redo the whole thing over again. I'd support grass/crops growing inside houses but I also know some are firmly opposed to that.

+1 from me this looks like a very good idea.... also the Hay bales would be great.

I have wanted to build a small stables to house 2 horses for me and my wife so they would be away from the rest of my breeding stock.

You can plan over grass and enchant it so it doesn't get eaten up :)

Except enchanted grass doesnt last forever any more. Enjoy rebuilding a building just to reenchant grass again.

Hay isn't an actual plant or crop... Mostly its a by-product of grain crops.

also, unless it had a REALLY high yield... It would still be outweighed by just leaving animals to graze.

What???

Hay is by no means just a by-product of grain crops... Unless you are talking about straw hay which is just used as a filler or bedding material.

It would likely be a bit much to add sorghum/sudan/cane grass varieties just for hay purposes in game. Although, alfalfa and other pea/bean family plant varieties used as feed hay would likely be easy to implement in game.

Easiest way to implement alfalfa/feed hay would be just making a new crop to plant. Could be clover/alfalfa or whatever name you want to use for it. You plant it, and it grows. Harvest with a scythe and you get a hay bundle in inventory. Hay bundle could be same weight as like a log. So one bundle might last one animal a few days. That would seem easy enough to put into game.

You could also make it so the wurm hay crop is a much better grazing crop than other plants. Perhaps make the hay crop half as likely to become packed etc. That way people in game could plant grazing pastures if they just want a grazing area, but do not wish to enchant an area. It would be a good in between setup for newer player that cannot enchant areas, or those people that just wish to have a grazing area without enchanting. So you could have a multi-purpose area for wurmian food and animals grazing with a larger chance of crops being turned to dirt, a single purpose area for long term grazing of animals by enchanting, or a grazing area that packs less and produces animal food in the form of hay bundles.

Also Wurm would have hay bundles not hay bales. Hay bales are post industrial agriculture item. Like the image below shows hay bundles as they would likely look in the Wurm world.

2833772635_c000365887_z.jpg?zz=1

Edited by Plebian