Sign in to follow this  
Chiclet

To The Person That Killed My Foal

Chiclet, I understand your distress and feeling of loss. Everyone values different things in games and in life. You valued a foal that skipped merrily about and it was taken from you.

To all those who are basically saying "get over it", consider this: What if someone came into your property and destroyed something that you valued? It could be your 10-story building, your utmost gold mine, or your collection of pink troll statues, but you would have the same NORMAL reaction of anger and sadness.

Best of luck, Chiclet, and remember that most players in this game are kind, generous, helpful people! :)

• Like 2

Wow. Why are the responses in this thread so aggressive?

I was wondering the same thing myself. Rather odd.

Oh gee darn, a free slot for SOMETHING to actually spawn on a freedom server. So terrible this....

I take it you keep no animals on your deed?

one might consider it foolish to assign such emotional significance to something as temporary as a videogame horse

One might, but as Spiral pointed out, one could say this about many things.

I really didn't see the original post as crying or raging or whatever pejorative some people insist on ascribing. As seems to happen a bit too often, the aggression is turned towards the wrong individual.

The question I would have is: What is so wrong in the foal-killer's life that they choose to behave this way? It's like people who use aimbots in FPS games... makes me wonder what they must be going through in real life. Computer games have been part of the classroom for a long time now. From the Oregon Trail to now Minecraft being used educationally. There will come a time when behaviors taken in specifically designed games will serve as tangible warning signs of anti-social behavior. Not necessarily as a primary diagnostic tool, but certainly as an indication of which kids need the most help.

Recently, in planetside 2, I encountered what was clearly an aimbotter. I actually whispered him to say that whatever was going on for him, there's always people willing to help. He can seek out and talk to any adult he trusts... then I wished him luck and told him to hang in there. Would you believe he actually thanked me? When someone cries out for help, in whatever form they have available, the Human and humane thing to do is to respond with empathy and compassion. To do so is not a sign of weakness, just as kicking someone while they're down is not a sign of strength.

• Like 4

It's like people who use aimbots in FPS games... makes me wonder what they must be going through in real life.

Video games are serious business with real world ramifications. It's a miracle you escape such a situation unscathed. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Ouch. Wishing a human being harm and telling him to rot in hell for killing your digital horse given to you by someone of no significance?

Have to ask. What's wrong with you?

Ouch. Wishing a human being harm and telling him to rot in hell for killing your digital horse given to you by someone of no significance?

Surely you jest.

This was no mere digital horse. It was an extension the OP's person which is now forever lost because of the careless actions of one cruel individual. I shudder to consider the pain the OP is experiencing.

Why can't we live in a world where our feelings are significant to other people?

While I don't think what was done was nice - there are game rules to protect you from that sort of thing. It is up to every player to ensure that they keep themselves protected via the rules.

one might consider it foolish to assign such emotional significance to something as temporary as a videogame horse

Or silver coins?

Not picking on you personally, just saying if we can assign a real world value to one thing in a game, everything else is fair game. Just happens to be emotional value/investment in place of financial for some folks.

To all those who are basically saying "get over it", consider this: What if someone came into your property and destroyed something that you valued? It could be your 10-story building, your utmost gold mine, or your collection of pink troll statues, but you would have the same NORMAL reaction of anger and sadness.

No, because normal people never get Wurm confused with reality. It's a game. We have actual lives to worry about outside of this make-believe world.

Are you at least going to make horse burgers out of him? I mean, it'd be a shame just to let the meat rot...

Video games are serious business with real world ramifications. It's a miracle you escape such a situation unscathed. My heart goes out to you and your family.

It would appear the gist of my post went right over your head :lol:

Welcome to the forums though ^_^

My family and I are just fine, but thank you for the concern!

Sorry this happened Chiclet.

if you find out who did it, pm me and my alliance will KOS the asshat.

obviously some assbag that has no respect for others property.

But also, please lock your deed down better so there are no repeat performances of this.

• Like 1

*goes off to check deed settings.....* I had no idea there was a setting that allowed that.

This isn't hard to understand. A little foal, special to OP apperently, was killed. Virtual or not, it's a loss. You tell OP to get over it? Why do you get over it that they're mad, and no ammount of voicing your oh so insightful opinions on the matter is going to force OP 'Get over it'.

That is all.

OP I understand how a little golden foal is so important to you, I have a little golden foal myself~ I keep him and my other few horses closely guarded for this reason. There will be more horses and foals in the future, but I know none will ever replace your original foal. May life fare better for you in the future!

my basement is full of foals too

Edited by Wiro
  • Like 1

I sympathize with you Chiclet. :(

Although I have over 30 horses on my Stables deed there are a few that are special to me as well including RageBaxter, my first horse who is 3 years old IRL time even though he is only a 2 speed. Also Fastswift the first 5 speed horse I bred and Runsweet my favorite breeding mare. B)

I hope Karma bites the perpetraitor in the Butt. :o

Edited by Bachus
  • Like 1

Easy to tell the pvp players by the responses in this thread and know who to avoid in game and not respond to on the forums. Not all pvp players are of this base nature of course but gee howdy doo, they do predominate in the negative *tells* here that lure them out of their hidden lairs to feast upon the corpses of the innocent. Reminds me of those "undead" players in WoW as they gobble up corpses greedily.

=Ayes=

A level of entertainment usually only found in the Theatre section...

e5c3fe2b529fd3f7c494b57.jpg

To the person that went wandering through my deed sometime between last night and midday today, went into my mistakenly unlocked but beautifully fenced horse pen, killed my golden foal Fleablood, butchered it and only then realized you couldn't even pick up the meat due to deed permissions...

I hope you rot in hell. Rot. In. Hell.

He was a gift from a perfect, generous stranger and a treasure and now I'll never get a chance to watch him grow up or ride him anywhere for the adventure of it.

I hope karma kicks you somewhere incredibly painful for the wanton murder of my baby horse.

Shame you lost your foal. II can give you a horse on Deli if you would like another. Some people can be mean just for the sake of being mean.