Sign in to follow this  
Chiclet

To The Person That Killed My Foal

To the person that went wandering through my deed sometime between last night and midday today, went into my mistakenly unlocked but beautifully fenced horse pen, killed my golden foal Fleablood, butchered it and only then realized you couldn't even pick up the meat due to deed permissions...

I hope you rot in hell. Rot. In. Hell.

He was a gift from a perfect, generous stranger and a treasure and now I'll never get a chance to watch him grow up or ride him anywhere for the adventure of it.

I hope karma kicks you somewhere incredibly painful for the wanton murder of my baby horse.

• Like 17

I heard the calling from a falling

To slay the foal

twas my only goal

A sad story indeed, to which only the heartless would respond otherwise. This is a good example of why players must always be sure to properly secure their animals and property or some people of this mindset will seek out ways to destroy the same and gloat over the damage caused to others simply trying to enjoy the game.

Still, your posting in this manner is probably not the best idea, as you have simply given those types some satisfaction to have seen your distress expressed within these confined spaces. Hopefully you will find a new foal has arisen from the ashes to replace the one lost. I remember fondly my first faithful horse lost to the aggro killing ridden horse change but as time has gone on my new steeds have proven to be fine dependable ones, that at times seem to have his old steely glint reflected within their eyes.

Safe travels.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

I think thats well written post to deliver a clear message. Hard for me to see it as crying, more like sarcastic... but hey maybe its for each one of us to try "interpret" the emotion behind there...although in holistic terms (and reading that post trough several times) I see no insinuation to it being such a drama that some may want to see it.

Creativity it is, nice post, made me smile :) Not about the foal that is no more, but because whole post was just plain truth put out.

• Like 1

It is not fence that permit that person to kill, it is the 'allow attacking non villagers'. Honestly this one rule is not quiet explained either on the deed paper or the wiki as it says allow to kill mobs which usually means evil mobs on mmo.

I advise you to just untick everything on your deed paper if you are not sure about them. Sorry for your foal, if you are on independence.. if you willing to walk to magincia island on the south I will give you one or two new foals to take care in exchange of 100 rivets (just small quantity iron lumps on small anvil to make them)

Edited by rosedragon

Attack non-citizen Attacking non-citizens, disabling this will also keep players from attacking mob's on the deed setting would have prevented it all...unless of course they led it out...to whit you would need:

tems and creatures This allows anyone to pick up items and tame animals within the settlement (but not inside buildings). Allies are always able to pick up items, to let them tame animals this permission still needs to be checked. also unchecked....was more than a left unlocked gate at fault...Still an evil thing to do ....regardless.....

How do you know the foal didn't kill their child first

• Like 1

Yup, foal might have started it. :blink: He/she could have ended what might have been the horse uprising against mankind. All hail the hero !

My daughter Nikku gave you that foal, Chiclet. I have another gold male foal called Piekiss that you can have to watch grow up, and he's not related to your Windclip so will make a nice breeding pair. I know it's not the same, but hope it helps a little :)

• Like 7

Aged fat Windclip?Are you missing that horse Chiclet?I sure hope not.Someone i know in game is letting me borrow the horse until he can pay me back.

A sad story indeed, to which only the heartless would respond otherwise. This is a good example of why players must always be sure to properly secure their animals and property or some people of this mindset will seek out ways to destroy the same and gloat over the damage caused to others simply trying to enjoy the game.

Still, your posting in this manner is probably not the best idea, as you have simply given those types some satisfaction to have seen your distress expressed within these confined spaces.

As someone else used to say to me quite fondly - this isn't my first rodeo. The grade five responses in this thread don't phase me at all and honestly don't add to my anger or sadness in any way, being pretty much white noise. It's actually okay by me if people make off the cuff, unthinking remarks about somebody else's pain because that's what humans do - laugh at the guy that prat falls on the banana peel. And honestly, gamers as a conglomerate bunch have weak empathy muscles to start with, particularly those that are competitive. My loss isn't exactly their gain, but I am down a baby horse and that means somewhere in some nebulous way, they incrementally got further ahead. I'm not sure how that works, but that seems to be the mindset.

And picture me wrinkling my nose a little in thought. Why shouldn't I have posted my justifiable and righteous anger that some yammerhead out there thought it was a fine idea to kill my pretty baby? I'm not in this game to make silver hand over fist, dominate the golden palomino five-speed horse market by next week or ship 10,000 dirt by the end of the month. The loss is not monetary, but emotional. I grieve for the loss of a set of pixels that I groomed every day, made sure had enough grass to eat and had a few undefined dreams for.

Hopefully you will find a new foal has arisen from the ashes to replace the one lost. I remember fondly my first faithful horse lost to the aggro killing ridden horse change but as time has gone on my new steeds have proven to be fine dependable ones, that at times seem to have his old steely glint reflected within their eyes.

There is always some good in every loss and, like you, I will just cherish what I have a little bit more. There have been some very kind and generous offers in my email box and I love you guys and gals for it. Thanks you all so very much, but digital life moves on and as I said to those people, I'm not looking to cage another horse out of somebody. The entire and only point of making this post was to say that if my tracking skill wasn't super abysmal, the murderer would be my very first Kill On Sight instruction to my guard, futile and useless as the gesture would be. Bad person for killing my little horse, given to me by Nikku as a present. BAD PERSON!

I'm planting flowers on the tile.

-----------------

Aged fat Windclip?Are you missing that horse Chiclet?I sure hope not.Someone i know in game is letting me borrow the horse until he can pay me back.

I obsessively counted all the animals in my care last night, three times probably and all my neighbor's stuff too that I take care of while he's not around. We're all accounted for Liandal, no worries :P (But Altarr is looking for Bellapot if you come across him, her or it).

Edited by Chiclet
  • Like 1

Oh gee darn, a free slot for SOMETHING to actually spawn on a freedom server. So terrible this....

Sounds like someone was trying to teach you about deed settings. Good on them.

I understand when a new player that has either a lack of knowledge or the means to properly secure their things would be very upset over a loss and rant, but an experienced and established player such as yourself? I can only ask one thing: what did you expect?

Oh My God... All i have to say to this is you need to get out while you can, you sir clearly take roleplaying games WAY too seriously to ever make it in wurm. I lose horses on a daily basis hunting and pvping, and you cry over one foal. Ive had plenty of horses that have served me well in battle and hunting but I dont make a bloody thread for every single one of them that dies... Sometimes when i read these forums and look at things like this I die a little inside and then wonder how humanity came to be so ###### up... i swear..

Edited by Jools
  • Like 1

I understand when a new player that has either a lack of knowledge or the means to properly secure their things would be very upset over a loss and rant, but an experienced and established player such as yourself?

I've been playing six weeks. I understand the learning curve of Wurm is something like a brick wall and new player retention is abysmal, but if a month and a half counts as experienced and established.... sveet. I have blown this bell curve right out of water.

Edited by Chiclet

Wow. Why are the responses in this thread so aggressive?

People enjoy the game in different ways. Why try to belittle someone just because their way of playing does not match your own?

I was very attached to my first horses and would have been mortified if they were killed and butchered. I would still be mortified if any of my current horses were killed and butchered. I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of.

Sorry that someone killed Fleablood, Chiclet. I hope it was just some noob who didn't know any better.

Like Lizabeth said, we have Piekiss waiting for you. I will try to catch you in game sometime over the next few days.

• Like 7

Wow. Why are the responses in this thread so aggressive?

People enjoy the game in different ways. Why try to belittle someone just because their way of playing does not match your own?

I was very attached to my first horses and would have been mortified if they were killed and butchered. I would still be mortified if any of my current horses were killed and butchered. I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of.

Sorry that someone killed Fleablood, Chiclet. I hope it was just some noob who didn't know any better.

Like Lizabeth said, we have Piekiss waiting for you. I will try to catch you in game sometime over the next few days.

one might consider it foolish to assign such emotional significance to something as temporary as a videogame horse

Edited by mrtaccgnol
  • Like 1