Sign in to follow this  
Dran

Where's The "almost Made It Into 1.0" Content?

I was under the impression that there were/are a considerable amount of updates that just barely missed being ready in time for 12/12/12, and that those updates would start showing up soon after launch.

PR people - Any word on what we can look forward to .. and when?

Well I think they are still working on optimizing and fixing the bugs from what we did get.

• Like 1

Well I think they are still working on optimizing and fixing the bugs from what we did get.

Then what was up with the texture pack update yesterday? Obviously there time isn't completely filled with "optimizing and fixing the bugs". A comprehensive list of features that are either on the way, being worked on, or accepted to be in the game should be made so there is no question as to whats coming, and whats being worked on.

They are in wurm 2.0 that is coming in the next few years

Hate to be a ######, but I hope for them that 1.0 isn't live yet.

Kegan has it bang on.

A lot of post-v1 content has been delayed by bug fixing and optimisations. For example, I know that Wox is working on pre-scaled textures (which will reduce Wurm's ram usage, a big benefit for older/less powerful machines.)

Currently, Zcul has something very nice in the works that is a new feature, but you'll have to keep wondering what that one is for now ;) though I believe it's doing well in its development.

Edited by Docterchese

Kegan has it bang on.

A lot of post-v1 content has been delayed by bug fixing and optimisations. For example, I know that Wox is working on pre-scaled textures (which will reduce Wurm's ram usage, a big benefit for older/less powerful machines.)

Currently, Zcul has something very nice in the works that is a new feature, but you'll have to keep wondering what that one is for now ;) though I believe it's doing well in its development.

think we already know what that is, considering we saw it in the live release thing on stage... BRIDGES !!!.... If not then I hope its something just as good.. if not better... lol

• Like 1

Kegan has it bang on.

I agree. I have seen the problematic lag situation reduced quite a bit since 1.0 release and further improvement in that situation should be a main priority. Any new additions will come as time passes and I find more than enough to occupy my time in game with what has been recently introduced into the game. A very nice trend of progress in game features has come in this past year with the newer staff members addition and all indications point to this continued advancement of these enjoyable features being further implimented as time goes on. Well done, I say.

=Ayes=

Kegan has it bang on.

I hope it is as exciting as the real use for garden gnomes that has never been discovered!

It's just so odd that how we used to hear that stuff was buggy because Wurm was in beta, and now it's buggy because it's 1.0

It's just so odd that how we used to hear that stuff was buggy because Wurm was in beta, and now it's buggy because it's 1.0

Everyone loves an excuse. ;)

2.0 will come in 1/8/18 if we go with 6/6/6 for initial and 12/12/12 for 1.0, so it can't be that

• Like 1

2.0 will come in 1/8/18 if we go with 6/6/6 for initial and 12/12/12 for 1.0, so it can't be that

Its coming after half life 3.

Edited by atazs

Then what was up with the texture pack update yesterday? Obviously there time isn't completely filled with "optimizing and fixing the bugs". A comprehensive list of features that are either on the way, being worked on, or accepted to be in the game should be made so there is no question as to whats coming, and whats being worked on.

You do know that people are reporting better fps now after that update ? So it is a optimisation of the client. And i rather see them getting it working as close to 100% as possible with whats new then adding things before the old thing arent fixed.