Sign in to follow this  
Twi

More Of A Question..

I wasn't sure where to place this, if it's in the wrong place feel free to move it.

Well, I was told you can gain more skill on Pvp servers: The wiki wasn't clear on this or I'm just being blind; is Exous a pvp server that you can grind your skills on or would I have to go further to find a pvp server?

Okay this should answer your question, there are two "clusters" the Epic cluster and the Freedom cluster. Picture each cluster as a world. Inside each world are continents, which are the servers. The epic cluster offers the skill gain which is about 3 times faster than the freedom cluster. Deliverance is not a PvP server, the only pvp server on the freedom cluster is the Chaos server, but the Chaos server does NOT offer any skill gain.

So the Epic cluster is 4 servers, there are 3 kingdoms on the Epic cluster and each kingdom has its own home server and then there is the battle server Elevation, all three kingdoms fight over the battle server. The Epic cluster has the faster skill gain.

The freedom cluster is all servers about building and selling, the only pvp server on the Freedom cluster is Chaos, Chaos isn't an intense battle server it's more of a peaceful server than a pvp server.

So no faster skill gain on any server on the Freedom cluster. Hope this answers your question!

Exodus is PvE with increased hostile mobs spawning which would do nice for grinding fighting. Chaos is PvP with all the risks and rewards included.

Okay this should answer your question, there are two "clusters" the Epic cluster and the Freedom cluster. Picture each cluster as a world. Inside each world are continents, which are the servers. The epic cluster offers the skill gain which is about 3 times faster than the freedom cluster. Deliverance is not a PvP server, the only pvp server on the freedom cluster is the Chaos server, but the Chaos server does NOT offer any skill gain.

So the Epic cluster is 4 servers, there are 3 kingdoms on the Epic cluster and each kingdom has its own home server and then there is the battle server Elevation, all three kingdoms fight over the battle server. The Epic cluster has the faster skill gain.

The freedom cluster is all servers about building and selling, the only pvp server on the Freedom cluster is Chaos, Chaos isn't an intense battle server it's more of a peaceful server than a pvp server.

So no faster skill gain on any server on the Freedom cluster. Hope this answers your question!

Lol, well I am on Cele; I was just asking about Exo, so I do not believe you answered my question..just made it more..confusing.

Exodus is PvE with increased hostile mobs spawning which would do nice for grinding fighting. Chaos is PvP with all the risks and rewards included.

And is that server connected to Cele, or no? I'm not about to make a character; I'd prefer not to if it is at all possible.

Just happened to find This It has answered my question more or less. Seems I'll be spending a day or two (maybe less) on Chaos.

Edited by Twi

Oh sorry thought you asked about Deli, so here if your server is either Chaos, or ANY non PvP server then no you get no faster skill gain. That's only for the people on the PvP only cluster.

Yes, what Exeffer is saying is correct. There is no bonus skill gain.

Hm, then which area would provide skill gain if Chaos (pvp) does not?

Looked at the map; the Epic portal part on the map answered that question for me. Lol.

Never mind on that; I'd have to start a new character, oh well. Looks like I'll have to go around grooming people's animals.

Edited by Twi

I dont think you'd have to make a new char...you can use the epic portal to take yourself over to Epic...which is the pvp server with the skillgain.

On Cele..there is one at the spawn site at Tap Dance.

You might want to read this before you head through though.

http://wurmpedia.com/index.php/Item:Huge_epic_portal

Unless of course that is the part you read already and meant to type 'wiki" instead of map :P

Edited by Lolly1

You don't have to "make" a new character, you just go through the portal and a new character is generated for you, if you have premium you will have premium on Epic, your Freedom character won't be erased either. You can switch between your two characters freely by using the Epic portal.

You don't have to "make" a new character, you just go through the portal and a new character is generated for you, if you have premium you will have premium on Epic, your Freedom character won't be erased either. You can switch between your two characters freely by using the Epic portal.

But they're entirely independant, meaning that skill gain bonus would apply only on the new character (which you would start over). Money in the bank is shared between these clusters though.

Also, you should mind that as far as i know resources are limited on home servers (the less pvp-y) and i believe you'd have to travel to the more "violent" server to get good ql stuff.

Also, you do know about sleep bonus right?

Thanks for filling in the gaps Reaver, im pretty sure resources actually are the same on both servers, Rolf removed the cap on ore ql on the home servers. The only real difference between material ql is glimmersteel an adamante, they are better than iron.