Sign in to follow this  
Exeffer

Which Server Would Be Good For My Friend And I?

Alright I wasn't sure where to post this since I'm not new ( been playing for a year now ) but I am a complete 100% noob to Freedom, I've been on Epic since the day it started but recently my friend and I decided we would try to start a small homestead on the Freedom cluster to try and earn some money to pay for game time. And no were not permanently leaving Epic, were going to have a portal leading to our base on Elevation.

We are looking for a more secluded place to build our "homestead", a forest with lots of open area around (we don't really want people all over us) a place to hunt, and a server with nice active people and a economy with lots of trading and selling! Which server would best suite us? Thanks for your time :D

Either Pristine or Release, they are the newest servers as as such have more arable land and space for you and your compadre's seclusion. Also, Release is the lesser populated and was released 6 days after Pristine and as such has a smaller economy - could be a negative or a positive for your money-making depending on the angle you take.

And when you do come back to Epic, join Mol-Rehan. :)

Edited by Maozorz

I'd definately recommend Celebration. I live in the south-west area, loads of forest around here and several spots in various small valleys would be perfect for secluded deeds. Hunting is great as well, as it's right next to the steppe. The trading on celebration is also active. Hit me up ingame if you decide for celebration, and I'll help with what i can to set you up a small homestead.

Already am Mol Rehan :P and don't worry, I won't be gone from epic for more than a few days!

• Like 1

Already am Mol Rehan :P and don't worry, I won't be gone from epic for more than a few days!

Won't be paying much of anything then...

I have the same question. I'd like a server with some people around but which is not crawled with deeds... Would be better pristine or release?

I have the same question. I'd like a server with some people around but which is not crawled with deeds... Would be better pristine or release?

Pristine is crawled with deeds compared to Release.

Edited by Liayan

I'd definately recommend Celebration. I live in the south-west area, loads of forest around here and several spots in various small valleys would be perfect for secluded deeds. Hunting is great as well, as it's right next to the steppe. The trading on celebration is also active. Hit me up ingame if you decide for celebration, and I'll help with what i can to set you up a small homestead.

2nd celebration

These two have the right idea :P.

Chaos has the most open space of any Freedom server, but I suspect that's not what youre looking for ;)

Chaos has the most open space of any Freedom server, but I suspect that's not what youre looking for ;)

said the spider to the fly :P

and the reverse psychology at the end of the line? very sneaky :ph34r:

also, Celebration is the lowest population (pve) server on Freedom, plenty of room to settle yet all the convenience of established servers.

Edited by Pollo

Thanks for all the help I moved to Cele and am starting up a nice little vineyard

Independence has never made newcomers sad, just long distances to places.

I have lived in indy+deli and I can say indy is muuuch safer for new guys.

Indy is best if you dont mind traveling for a bit to find your spot. Its bigger compared to the other smaller isles.

Thanks for all the help guys :) if I ever sell my deed I definately want to move to Indy! But for now, I need to figure out what to do with my deed :P

BTW when you reach puberty come to the Epic cluster! :)

Awkward moment when he lives on elevation at my deed....

• Like 1

Indy has the lowest pop density, and exodus has a few areas around the edges that were never settled

BTW when you reach puberty come to the Epic cluster! :)

I'm guessing your saying this because you like other people to think you have balls. I don't think that and I don't WANT to think that. So I'm hoping you grow a few and become able to talk like a man instead of some little kid that in his future hopes to go through puberty.

Deliverance is an awesome server with an amazing community, consider building there.

Independance has the biggest continent and map size of all the other Freedom Isles servers (We're talking about 4X the area if I remember correctly). It's also the oldest, the original 'Freedom' server site.

There are alot of players and homesteads, but because they're spread out in a larger area, the density is actually rather light in the far reaches and you can find undeeded sites to build on even on the shoreline with forests and hillsides for mining nearby. Some of the early players moved on to other servers, so many areas have been reclaimed by the wilderness and are no longer deeded (though some roads or foundations might remain). I speak from experience when I say the north coast along the mountains has currently unsettled areas with desireable resources.

Tristanc

Mayor of Fort Buda (Independance)

Edited by Tristanc

I'm guessing your saying this because you like other people to think you have balls. I don't think that and I don't WANT to think that. So I'm hoping you grow a few and become able to talk like a man instead of some little kid that in his future hopes to go through puberty.

No I'm saying this because Epic > Freedom all day every day