Sign in to follow this  
Supersniper

Pack Update Will Not Download

I'm having troubles with the latest pack update. while it's down loading it will just freeze right in the middle of a file down load. It's a random file, but it's all ways a player armor texture.

same here...burned 20% of my bandwith allowance for the entire month on failed downloads.........!

I had the same issue but it solved itself when I closed all open clients. Mine was trying to modify a file which was in use.

I think it just takes a long time to download all the new face textures. Try not to let your computer turn off display or go to sleep mode in the meantime.

ok thanks all, wurm i shall play you, or so help me, i'll use all the offensive emotes on your face!

ok guys, this is really odd. The original post is correct, it is a random file each time and it just plain stops transferring. I have cleared my Java cache as well as deleted the entire game folder to do a fresh install. I may get through 2244 files one time, 1365 the next and 3000 the next.

yes, I left my computer on all night...and nothing happened. it still just freezes. the launcher does not freeze, just the download

i did them same thing with the same results. I have too much to take care of on Chaos before the pvp changes for this to happen lol.

I've disabled my firewall and I'm running Ubuntu Linux without an antivirus program so that isn't the issue. I have had no system changes since the last update and have received updates fine for 3 years.

I've had the same issue. The part that really bugs me is that it starts over from the beginning each time instead of remembering what it's already downloaded.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm on Windows 7.

Edited by Charabis
  • Like 1

No, really. I can not download the updates and you have my money. Someone come up with an answer, point me in the right direction or tell me to ###### off. Any thing is better than ignoring me.

Dude thanks a lot :) that worked, also everyone who does this should put in a bug report

I was unable to use that solution. It still starts downloading some graphics and failed on chest graphics several times and the HOT dueling circle on another. Since the thing just stops transferring, the button to view the log as well as all the other ones remain greyed out.

This fixed it but only because the firefox downloader would let me restart from where it left off. It still stalled 8 to 10 times though.

I've had the same issue. The part that really bugs me is that it starts over from the beginning each time instead of remembering what it's already downloaded.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm on Windows 7.

That would be wonderful for those of us who have limited bandwidth to use monthly.....