Sign in to follow this  
Thurgarn

Informal Poll - Multi-Story Building Limits

Should limits be enforced on multi-story buildings?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. What guidelines should be implemented on multi-story buildings?

• Current system - no guidelines save for what the game allows
    • No overhangs - while restricting some viable building styles, this will eliminate "mushroom houses" and other physically improbable buildings
    • Housing Association Committee - Have a written set of guidelines on what constitutes "reasonable" buildings, and if a building generates complaints the GM's will review whether it is suitable or must be altered.

Since the main thread has devolved into the same circular argument with no end in sight, I was just curious to get some voting numbers on where people stand rather than just go by which perspectives are generating the greatest volume of posts. ;)

I generated the poll selections off of what I've seen in the other thread; short of having people subjectively review buildings, the only consistent, clearly stated objective rule I've seen suggested is "no overhangs."

Horse is a watery mush on the ground ... i still voted.

I just want to know why we're even discussing and debating the "physically improbable" in a game with GIANT FREAKING SPIDERS?!?

Edited by Schiann
  • Like 10

Kind of a off base poll, there is only one rational answer, no guidelines otherr than what the game allows. If people think what the game allows should be changed that's one thing but trying to enforce something by poll is hopeless.

What? Where did I state anything about the poll being used to enforce anything?

It's literally just a poll: I was just curious to see how many people are in favor of which options. That's why it's an informal poll.

Housing Association? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh, wow, too funny. :P

• Like 2

im missing the option about adding structures to overhangs, so they can still be made ....

Housing Association Committee - Have a written set of guidelines on what constitutes "reasonable" buildings, and if a building generates complaints the GM's will review whether it is suitable or must be altered.

Surely you jest

• Like 1

Here's my thoughts.

My Deed.

My Time.

My Money.

My Sandbox.

I will do what I like within the game mechanics and the rules.

You don't like it, turn around and walk away, noone is forcing you to stand looking at my creations.

Just my tuppence.

• Like 6

What? Where did I state anything about the poll being used to enforce anything?

It's literally just a poll: I was just curious to see how many people are in favor of which options. That's why it's an informal poll.

It's also biased based on wording, leading to people choosing an option that seems to make more sense than other options because it says "no guidelines save for what the game allows"

How can you even make an argument that we can ever build what the game doesn't allow?

Here's my thoughts.

My Deed.

My Time.

My Money.

My Sandbox.

You don't like it, turn around and walk away, noone is forcing you to stand looking at my creations.

Just my tuppence.

Your Deed. My Deed. But we share the world. The world defines the game. A game with no definition is crap.

Can we please just enjoy multi story for what it is now..... for a little while?

No more polls or threads about changing it... wurmians have waited so long for this (from what i hear) we have it now...just say thankyou rolf and move on.

• Like 2

So people wanted multi-story...now its bad and over done that you can go so high? Get over it, Rolf has done a superb job on it. Leave it.

Edited by WesncIsMe
  • Like 5

Can the (6) people that voted for the housing association please find another hobby besides Wurm? Certainly your authoritarian world view has a higher calling than suppressing the populace of an MMO.

• Like 4

lmao, dude this is just sad, Get your head out of ur ass and stop thinking you can control wat people build and do in SANDBOX game. they didnt come here to make you happy, they came here to have fun , this is to OP, creator of this thread

• Like 1

Didn't vote..but I will say If you can build it knock youself out.

lmao, dude this is just sad, Get your head out of ur ass and stop thinking you can control wat people build and do in SANDBOX game. they didnt come here to make you happy, they came here to have fun , this is to OP, creator of this thread

Or maybe you can get your head out of my ass. :P You're making an assumption based on... what? I didn't publicly state my opinion in this thread (though I did in the discussion thread).

It's also biased based on wording, leading to people choosing an option that seems to make more sense than other options because it says "no guidelines save for what the game allows"

How can you even make an argument that we can ever build what the game doesn't allow?

That's what option 2 was for: To change what the game itself allows. Looks like your reading is biased, sir.

The poll options weren't biased; that's how little response I got as far as actual solution options in the discussion thread. Option 3 is the only way I could constructively think of to have any enforcement of, as you would put it, "sane buildings."

im missing the option about adding structures to overhangs, so they can still be made ....

I tried to figure out where to put that, and figured it would just roll into option 2; just use arches to make almost-overhangs. :)

Here's my thoughts.

My Deed.

My Time.

My Money.

My Sandbox.

You don't like it, turn around and walk away, no one is forcing you to stand looking at my creations.

Just my tuppence.

I agree with this. Why bitch about something you can't control. No one is forcing you to look. It is a sandbox game. My castle doesn't have to look like your castle and why should it? What is gaudy for someone else to look at might be a masterpiece to others.

Edited by Silvirwolfe

I think, even if informal, the poll is a clear indication of what will be the best option to keep most of the players happy.

I think, even if informal, the poll is a clear indication of what will be the best option to keep most of the players happy.

So when are people going to start asking for other things to completely and utterly destroy the feel of the game? Steam engines? Gunpowder?

The multistory we got was not the multistory Wurm needed. It's marginally better than what we had before multistory, granted, and most of what I've seen so far is fine, or even great. But the insane stuff completely and utterly breaks the immersion in a dark and gritty low fantasy world setting.

You are free to have your own opinion on this. Unfortunately the horribly worded poll has fooled a bunch of people into voting for the current system. It's quite possible that most of them don't even know they can build atrocities, because they wouldn't try in the first place.

*shrug* I'm done here. If it gets too bad I suppose I can move back to a pvp server where I have the option of catapulting down stupid houses.

This poll seems to demonstrate the obvious. People actually want freedom to build whatever suits them. Perhaps we should have a server cluster named to reflect this sentiment. oh wait...

For those who want to impose their will on others, Epic might be more your style.

• Like 1

just because I want to rant now............

BLARGH!

can't people just accept that some want to make suggestions for a change they are not 100% completely satisfied with? (people do that all day long onthe suggestion forums too)

note: this opinion is absolutely not based on facts or does it impose the will to destroy other peoples buildings or anything similar destructive physical or psychical wise....