Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

Bob's Building Challenge

How much interest would there be in having people find the most terrible, awful place possible to place a deed, and then having me record what I did to change it into something livable?

PVE only, Old Freedom cluster.

It must be a place where it is possible to place a deed. I'm not starting an island in 300 deep water or on the peak of the dragon fang, or similar places.

It won't be long now before my own deed is finished, I'll be looking for other work to take me away from the forge soon.

Edited by Farmerbob

Well shoot you just ruled out most of my ideas.

I Have a great spot for you if it isnt deeded yet. since your nearby i can show you. or PM the cords.

Everyone loves a marsh patch surrounded by clay right?

If you have a "fun" place to build, drop a screenshot of the place with a mark where the center of the deed should be.

If we get a few I'll slap together some sort of voting poll and let you guys choose where I put the deed.

Go kill somebody.

I prefer to avoid spending four hours wandering around in a ship bored off my arse, followed by ten minutes of adrenaline, and another couple hours returning.

I have considered creating a little stronghold at the top of a mountain somewhere on MR home, or maybe even joining a village over there and simply being home defense and crafting, but Rolf's pvp system is so painful overall that it's hard to go back, even though I know I'll have fun over there I also know I'll get irritated as fork over there too. I can skill up my defensive fighting on a horse, but not a villager. Right.

fezMXBg.png

That "forest" is atleast 40 steep (or steeper) and the dirt layer is probably less than 10 (it was a miracle to flatten walkable tile).

I dont want you to try that spot, but posting this as a measure of the most hostile place to make livable place as I can think of.

I think on the side of the central mountain on Indy lol, try that one ;D

fezMXBg.png

That "forest" is atleast 40 steep (or steeper) and the dirt layer is probably less than 10 (it was a miracle to flatten walkable tile).

I dont want you to try that spot, but posting this as a measure of the most hostile place to make livable place as I can think of.

If could plant that in solid olive trees would be a bigger challenge.

fezMXBg.png

OK, that's one possibility then. If I'm not mistaken, that is a mountain on the west side of the Samling Fjord, about halfway N/S on the server?

I'm not restricting myself to using no magic :P If I have to I can summon dirt.

I think on the side of the central mountain on Indy lol, try that one ;D

I believe someone lives up there already. I know someone used to, two someone's actually at one point. Jonneh and, err, o.0 Female name, starts with A? Been years since I've been there and chatted with them.

Not sure it would be much if a challenge, unless you mean literally on the side of the rock part. That wouldn't be possible at all due to slopes.

If could plant that in solid olive trees would be a bigger challenge.

Plant it solid with Enchanted olive trees :D .

A bit of Wild growth would handle enchanted olives pretty nicely, I believe :P Never tried it but I believe they will age and die if grown enough.

A bit of Wild growth would handle enchanted olives pretty nicely, I believe :P Never tried it but I believe they will age and die if grown enough.

An enchanted tree does go through the growth stages, but of course trees just go back to young after old and shrivelled, so that doesn't help you in any way. Enchanted oaks would be more of a pain - much harder to get rid of due to not being able to kill them with willows/oaks.
  • Like 1

wurm201301220325_zpse0ea604d.jpg

wurm201301220329_zpsddda1104.jpg

Both pictures are of the same place just one from above and one from below.

Edited by JudusX
fixed your links

Looks like it has a great view, and was settled once, but lots can be done there, aye

Edited by Farmerbob

An enchanted tree does go through the growth stages, but of course trees just go back to young after old and shrivelled, so that doesn't help you in any way. Enchanted oaks would be more of a pain - much harder to get rid of due to not being able to kill them with willows/oaks.

Wait. Trees don't actually die anymore? When did this change? And, err, why?

That would require a bunch of carefully placed wild growths to make trees go to young while growing oaks and willows over them to kill them. Or I'd have to bring in the vyn priest and feed them locks for ice pillar.

Wait. Trees don't actually die anymore? When did this change? And, err, why?

That would require a bunch of carefully placed wild growths to make trees go to young while growing oaks and willows over them to kill them. Or I'd have to bring in the vyn priest and feed them locks for ice pillar.

I dont know when this changed but I have played over 2 years and while I have been playing, this is how it has been.

And yes, plant oak next to it (and spam wild growth if you will) and it might someday be gone. Ice/Fire pillar seems to have so miniscule chance of destroying enchanted tree that I would only recommend it if your "having the tree frustration" exceeds the ensuing "hundreds of casts" frustration.

I dont know when this changed but I have played over 2 years and while I have been playing, this is how it has been.

And yes, plant oak next to it (and spam wild growth if you will) and it might someday be gone. Ice/Fire pillar seems to have so miniscule chance of destroying enchanted tree that I would only recommend it if your "having the tree frustration" exceeds the ensuing "hundreds of casts" frustration.

At one point, if I am remembering properly, shriveled trees would fall down and generate 4kg QL1 logs on the ground where they once were. I figured the logs might have been removed for database cleaning efforts, but never realized trees had been made immortal.

Bob, for as long as I've been playing (over 3.5 years) old and shrivelled trees just become young trees again

• Like 1

I've been playing since 2009 and always shriveled trees rejuvinated themselves and resprouted on same spot as young trees.

(Hordern beat me I see)

Edited by Kianga

I did not know that either about the old and shriveled trees! I always used to cut them down and cry a little bit lol!

I pray to Fo that they might become young again. Seems to work.