Sign in to follow this  
Fearil

Wurm Blocks Mod For Minecraft

After some concerns from people about this mod using Wurm textures I got an official line from Rolf. He believes it is fine for Wurm textures to be used for planning tools like this one and WPlanner, which is great to hear because I'm sure that already having textures to use saves a lot of time for helpful planning tools. The one thing is that they need to stay non-profit, Wossoo highlighted that earlier. I'm sure that ads to fund something like hosting costs would be more than acceptable though.

Now, can you guys get this onto Pocket Edition? Would be epic if you could, potentially would be difficult as you'd need to modify app settings that at least for IOS would mean a jailbreak, but having a 3D Wurm planner that I can use anywhere, anytime? Oh how I am spoilt :P

• Like 1

After some concerns from people about this mod using Wurm textures I got an official line from Rolf. He believes it is fine for Wurm textures to be used for planning tools like this one and WPlanner, which is great to hear because I'm sure that already having textures to use saves a lot of time for helpful planning tools. The one thing is that they need to stay non-profit, Wossoo highlighted that earlier. I'm sure that ads to fund something like hosting costs would be more than acceptable though.

Now, can you guys get this onto Pocket Edition? Would be epic if you could, potentially would be difficult as you'd need to modify app settings that at least for IOS would mean a jailbreak, but having a 3D Wurm planner that I can use anywhere, anytime? Oh how I am spoilt :P

I know I lack the expertise needed to make this sort of thing an app, but I am pleased to hear that Rolf has given the conditional okay regarding textures!

Regarding some previous suggestions:

I've managed to figure out the metadata functions to make blocks appear with textures facing towards the player, so that will be in a future update when I have some solid time to put towards the additions. As well, I will add the building wall types as fences to make variation from solid wall blocks possible. I think a combination of those two features would best serve to make building plans appear exactly as we want them.

Regarding some previous suggestions:

I've managed to figure out the metadata functions to make blocks appear with textures facing towards the player, so that will be in a future update when I have some solid time to put towards the additions. As well, I will add the building wall types as fences to make variation from solid wall blocks possible. I think a combination of those two features would best serve to make building plans appear exactly as we want them.

Please, share, haha. I tried figuring out how to make the texture face towards the player and never figured it out. I managed to only set the texture facing but not facing the player automatically

This "could" be used as a marketing avenue for wurm also since minecraft is so popular. Of course for this to kinda work it has to be "a planning tool" for the WURM game, since the mod is in no way an accurate reflection of our game.