Sign in to follow this  
Fearil

Wurm Blocks Mod For Minecraft

Nice job! I can't wait to map out our deed. :D

Wurm Online is the copyrighted work of Code Club AB and all content is the copyrighted work of Code Club AB and its affiliates

Seems a copyright violation at the least......since all textures are copyrighted importing them into another program 'mod' without express written permission is theft and could result in the filing of a DMCA complaint.

Neat and cool idea however.....

Edited by Emane

Then every wurm 2D mapper out there is illegal to? I dont think Rolf cares much about it in this case, would be worse if someone actually made a game using the textures.

I don't suppose this mod supports multiplayer yet, does it? No matter what I do, I can't get Minecraft Forge to load the mod.

Regardless, it's a nice idea, but it's a shame that I can't figure out how to fix it for multiplayer.

As long as nobody is making money from it, it's ok. If people have to purchase minecraft to use this tool I suppose we would have to discuss it since someone else would be benefiting from the use of Wurm textures.

As long as nobody is making money from it, it's ok. If people have to purchase minecraft to use this tool I suppose we would have to discuss it since someone else would be benefiting from the use of Wurm textures.

You have to purchase Minecraft to use this unless people want to be pirates anyway. And also the creator is using adfly so he's making money off of people downloading the texture pack/mod...

Love this mod, Fearil. Excellent work!

Once I got personal instruction on how to install the mod and find the custom blocks. it was brilliantly easy to use. Love seeing the multi-story buildings in 3D like this.

I hope that this mod can remain free and available to all!

Who knows, maybe Rolf and Notch can work something out for an official Wurmcraft-mod to be released.

Wurm really needs a 3D planner now that multistory is in :)

Trying it out now. Using Minecraft for planning Wurm projects was too obvious of an option to take that I didn't even think about it, lol. Thanks. :)

Edit: Finally got everything set up, but I can't download the file from Mediafire. Could you mirror the file somewhere else? Preferably without adfly also?..

I've added a direct link. Do let me know if there are any further download issues!

I... I... this is awesome. So many kudos for making this.

Any chance that you can add each house wall as a fence type too?

Great idea! I'll add that when I have some more time to work on this.

Regarding possible copyright issues, the textures are of course the property of Code Club AB. I hadn't planned on releasing this to the Minecraft community. In terms of monetary gain, the only way I would receive a penny would be through the adfly link used in the download of the mod. If this is an issue I'm willing to remove that link, though, as noted above, I have added a direct link option for those unable or unwilling to click through the adfly link. Also, please let me know if you wish a copyright disclaimer to be added.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback!

• Like 1

What I meant was that I can't download the file from Mediafire for whatever reason. I'll press the green button to download the file but then it pops up a page telling me that I can't establish a connection to the download. If you could put it on another hosting site (as an added option) that'd be great because as it is I can't use it at all.

Edited by Laiwyn

I have not played minecraft in years what is this minecraft forge thing is it safe?

I have not played minecraft in years what is this minecraft forge thing is it safe?

Its almost a standard part of minecraft, lots of mods use this to run. Perfectly safe

• Like 1

Absolutely great work on this, Fearil. Tonight I'll figure out how to get it working on the Mac and share my installation notes with you.

This may offend you but oh well. That is the ugliest transformation of Wurm that I have ever seen. Those goofy looking block like structures are the prime reason why I have never had the least interest in playing Minecraft. It always makes me cringe whenever I read of anyone comparing the two games, since Wurm's graphics, land masses and environmental effects are superior in every way. These pictures clearly point that out and although they may be made use of as a planning tool, I find it hard to even look at them for that use alone. A big yech! goes out from me in response to this mod.

The horror..... the horror..... (Marlon Brando, Apocalypse Now)

=Ayes=

Ayes, i think the point is to show your village plan like this and actually get a better feeling of what it looks like. (before building it) Not to build your village in and actually play minecraft, but that might just be my idea about the textures.

Edited by whykillme

That's correct, WKM ;)

It's not "Go play Minecraft with Wurm textures" thread, but a "use MC as a 3D alternative to Wurm Mapper" thread. I use MC lite on my phone to make rough plans of MSBs, which is sort of how Fearil and I got on the topic of a wurm texture pack.

• Like 1

Wow cool way to plan a village wish I'd of had something like this since I started playing Wurm!!

Just work on this mod for a few more years and you could be past where wurm is lol. 10 years till release, and then after you do make some money, dont hire anyone else to help that way by the time your game comes to market ( Albeit nobody will know about it from no adverts) it will be graphically un-impressive and 8/10 players will run like hell because they thing they are playing a quake mod. I do love wurm, but...well nvm.

Edited by seekor