Sign in to follow this  
Fearil

Wurm Blocks Mod For Minecraft

Armed with an idea from Garis and the power of google, I have went through the motions of creating a mod for Minecraft that allows for three dimensional deed and/or building planning for Wurm!

So, without further ado, the Northmere Alliance of Celebration presents to you:

oseuMyw.png

The Wurm Blocks mod is essentially a tool to help you visualize your deed or building plans in a way that isn't possible using 2d programs. While those 2d programs are still great for layout, it's nice to see what your deed and buildings will (generally) look like once finished.

Here are some teasers to show what it is you can do with Wurm Blocks in Minecraft.

xaGmwnc.png

ls96zuh.png

Installation Instructions

In order to run Wurm Blocks you will require Minecraft Forge Universal version 6.6.0 and Minecraft version 1.4.7 ... I make no promises about the mod working beyond those versions. I recommend a fresh installation of Minecraft and Minecraft Forge.

Windows Installation

Step 1

Download and Install Minecraft Forge Universal from www.minecraftforge.net (click the link under 'Install' for a direct link to the installation instructions on their wiki), then run Minecraft in order to see if Minecraft Forge is working properly.

Step 2

Download Wurm Blocks (Direct mediafire link here or dropbox link, courtesy of Xallo, here )

Step 3

Place wurmblocks.zip in your AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods folder. If you are unsure how to find your AppData folder, enter %appdata% into your Windows search function.

Step 4

Run Minecraft. Wurm Blocks should be present in the Mods section. Load up your favorite Creative world and enjoy!

Using Wurm Blocks

In Creative Mode, Wurm Blocks are organized in their own tab on page 2 of the Creative Mode Inventory.

Most Wurm Blocks function just like their vanilla counterparts. However, there are some exceptions:

Half blocks will not make a full block if stacked; these are just meant to represent roofing. There are also steps with wurm roofing patterns applied in case you prefer to use those.

Wurm-style fences are a different creature altogether. They are based off of Minecraft Vines only they won't disappear if the block they're attached to is removed. It isn't a perfect system (for instance, inside corners still can't have more than 1 fence), but by placing blocks, adding fences, and removing the blocks, you can build a model of your deed complete with fencing. There is a transparent block included for placing your fences on if you don't want to be bothered with breaking the block you attach your fences to, whatever your preference.

Wurm Blocks are not craftable, so should primarily be used in Creative mode. If you choose to load them with op commands, their ID numbers begin at 503.

If you have any ideas on how to improve Wurm Blocks, do let me know!

Edited by Fearil
  • Like 18

Nice you guys are really putting out some really cool stuff.

I... I... this is awesome. So many kudos for making this.

Any chance that you can add each house wall as a fence type too?

• Like 1

Holy Moly dude! That is something most people would absolutely love!!!!

*Downloads*

The tall stone walls are a bit strange and the door blocks have doors on all the sides but it gives you a general idea of what you will be building nice work for sure.

Mate, you're a GENIUS. I can't believe nobody thought of this sooner!

SO much better than the 2D planners, since you can make suggestions/changes in realtime just by making a MP map with your townmates. I'm gonna be all over this tonight! :D

• Like 1

Trying it out now. Using Minecraft for planning Wurm projects was too obvious of an option to take that I didn't even think about it, lol. Thanks. :)

Edit: Finally got everything set up, but I can't download the file from Mediafire. Could you mirror the file somewhere else? Preferably without adfly also?..

Edited by Laiwyn

/me awaits the first wurm tutorials set in minecraft ;)

• Like 1

Someone needs to read their EULA as it appears Wurm textures have been uploaded elsewhere into another game, unless I am mistaken and it requires your Wurm installation...

Edited by yarnevk

The mediafire download link doesn't work for me. I get to the download page just fine but when I click the download button it gives me an error. Could someone mirror the download please?

That looks awesome! Now I need to figure out how to play Minecraft :-)

Step one : Break block

Step two : put block somewhere else

repeat

• Like 1

While that's funny, it's not entirely accurate either.

I like both games. But Wurm simply "feels" more interesting to me and keeps me playing. :)

Minecraft is a fun game to dabble in. I like building redstone traps and spelunk caves. Pretty much all I've ever done in the game. best €10 I've ever spent.