Sign in to follow this  
Garis

Meredin

Just finished a month-long project I've been working on, and wanted to toss up a few screenshots.

I needed clay, and there was a spot in the middle of the Northmere. So, I raised an island and built myself a place to cook bricks, grind pottery, fish, meditate, concentrate on crafting skills, and generally relax.

"Meredin" means "Lake Fort":

F5FSLbW.jpg

From above, looking down at the clay pit:

uef3K1D.jpg

From the water:

JGBOmre.png

The entire project took somewhere in the neighborhood of 3800 dirt, 2500 stone bricks and mortar, 2000 clay for pottery brick floors, more than a few meals, many shipments of rock and lumber, and the patience of my allies while I droned on and on about my glacial progress.

Now the fun part begins. Making myself at home.

EDIT: Added a view from the lake

Edited by Garis
  • Like 3

Now this is impressive very nice work this kind of multistory stuff is what I love to see not the skyscraper buildings.

• Like 1

I was sailing there yesterday and wondered who built it. I even gave a round of applause :P Nice!

Could you get one more screenshot from a slightly further distance? I love the fort.

Very Nice Garis!

I will go to take a look in my next hunting trip :P

Could you get one more screenshot from a slightly further distance? I love the fort.

Done. Generally I wait until dawn or dusk to get screenshots, because the light is better for it, but I had one from yesterday through the fog that will do for now.

Yes, yes, there were these few clay tiles that needed to be raised above water level, so in the process you decided to build a structure around them to protect the clay and have a place conducive to working with that material. A fine idea that coincindentally took just a bit of work to complete; but, since the clay was right there and available to make all the mortar for the stone house walls, it seemed a good idea at the time. Then the reality of the project hit like those stone bricks. Bam!

It did indeed all turn out very well in the end however. I really like that screenshot looking down from above as it shows the detail of the various ascending/descending layers with the enclosures of different proportions, as well as their openness to the elements. Then there is the clay spot nicely tucked in the corner with even some small porch type enclosures over top of it.

Usually I don't go for those more blocky type of structures lacking roofs to enhance their appearance; however, as your first screenshot shows, you have created an excellent effect with the indentations, arches, iron fencing and tall stone walls all used to their best advantage in this marvelous building. Marvelous, simply marvelous!

But oh, wait! I do see a spot at the very top where a nice pottery tile roof can have its place of honor above all the flat tops; but of course I have no say in that matter, although I would like to see one roof snuck in there somewhere, heh.

P.S. Also strikes me as a nice isloated prision isle to constrain your excessive building madness, where in quiet contemplation you can plot out your next grand project and then escape to the unknown location, where none shall find you, until you reveal your mystical creation, just peeking out from the enfolding Wurm mists.

*Receives Ayes stamp of approval*

*thud*

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes