Sign in to follow this  
Vixeyrose

Trail Signs

A simple marker which can be crafted from a piece of wood with a carving knife. This sign could be placed but only read by faction, kingdom or alliance ( whichever one fits best ingame). This way common traveled roads could be more user friendly to newcomers. They could follow signs that only their kingdom or alliance had placed in order to get home or what not.

::EDIT::

Agreed spy's would ruin and geography works atm.

Edited by Vixeyrose

spyaltswillruinthis.com

Edit: However if it was for example visible to members of an alliance only it would be a rather cool way to leave different markings and show ways to hidden mine doors, rtc

Edited by Iulianx

-1 to faction only trail signs. You can already use real 'trail' sign. Head up hill to the oak, go east till you hit the mountain etc. At one point on Epic I very carefully planted birch trees every 4 or 5 tiles through a rather confusing portion of hills on Elevation so I could tell folks, just follow the birch trees.

It was inconspicuous enough I doubt anybody noticed but obvious enough that if you knew it was there you could zoom through those hills without getting lost.

plant 1 oak in a forest of olive, marker, line up dog statues and have one a nymph, marker, XD you can do hidden markers if you put time into it lol all lamps blue 1 red

Fair enough. Spy games do tend to ruin such things. Natural geography works for most anyhow.