Sign in to follow this  
Schiann

Visual Cue For "drumroll"?

I'm hearing impaired, and so I can't hear the drumroll that indicates an opportunity for rare creation. From conversations in-game, it's apparent many other people play with sounds disabled. So, would it be possible for us to get some sort of visual cue for the "drumroll" event? An event message, or something?

• Like 8

Maybe just a colored text iin Event tab on a successful rare item creation, since some drumrolls don't result in anything special.

• Like 2

Maybe just a colored text iin Event tab on a successful rare item creation, since some drumrolls don't result in anything special.

Oh yeah. Nothing more obnoxious than the drumroll tease. Especially on actions like bandaging or prayer which as far as I know can't result in rares. Unless someone has a rare bodypart or wound they'd like to show off. It just feels like wasted attempts which the game has to point out.

Oh yeah. Nothing more obnoxious than the drumroll tease. Especially on actions like bandaging or prayer which as far as I know can't result in rares. Unless someone has a rare bodypart or wound they'd like to show off. It just feels like wasted attempts which the game has to point out.

Rare heals result in bigger heals, used to have a rare heal in a bad or severe (idr) and turned ligth.

A little message really wouldn't be hard to code I imagine?

And yes this has been suggested so many times lol ;D

+1

Edited by Shrimpiie

an event log message would be nice.

Event

[01:35:14] You start to work with the hatchet on the log.

[01:35:14]**Drum roll**

[01:35:28] You create a kindling.

Yes, most definitely. A big drum should pop up on screen blocking out your view and making you drop your coffee on your laptop lol.

Just kidding with the second sentence. +10

+1 and I play with the sound on but sometimes I don`t hear the drum roll over people talking in Ventrilo/Teamspeak/...

The drum roll doesn't mean you're getting a rare, and is completely random, right? All it means is that you're having a chance of getting one, isn't it? Just like when doing every action ever.

Thus, the drum roll is completely pointless.

Please have it removed, or used only when you're actually getting a rare.

The drum roll is important because then you know not to cancel the action.

• Like 1

Yes please, i'd like it just so i can work out how often i can get drum rolls when performing certain actions, i like some of the sounds but i currently have most of them turned off so i can listen to my own music, I'm not sure which sound option plays drum rolls so i don't know which to turn on.

If we can not get a seperate message for the rare chance window, could you please colour the event message instead?

very useful cuz sometimes i listen to music ;)

+1 from everyoneeee

While this would be welcome, it's not what I'm getting at. I already know when I've got a rare... It's that bright blue or pink item in my inventory or on the ground. Here, we've all got the same information coming to us.

My point is that without sound, there is an element of game information being shared that anyone without sounds on can't utilise or even consider in any way, which seems a bit silly when most everything else (the ability to steal, attack other people, fatigue regen) has an Event message.

Peoples' opinion on the usefulness of the drumroll sound is irrelevant here. This is simply about a piece of information that isn't being shared well; whether others find that information useful is another topic.

• Like 1

+1 i never get the drumroll/gong sound even when i make rare items. I'd love a visual clue. it needs to be not too intrusive though, or able to turn it off in options. may be showing a timer like icon with a count down timer till the drumroll ends/you have to have completed the item

Edited by violetann

Bump +1, and it should be an option for the people that might not want this!

A singing/dancing frog wearing a tophat?

most definatly +1