Kswords

Remove Shield Bashing

Remove Shield Bashing  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Remove shield bashing skill?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

A stun longer than 3 seconds seems absurd.

In terms of gameplayability, maybe. In terms of reality? Watch a few boxing matches :)

3 seconds as a maximum seems short, 11 seems long. But that's IMHO.

-1 , it's already nerfed

Edited by Sharkin

-1 to late .... many ppls already work hard to get it, is your problem if u dont have it.... but i will give +1 to make it more easy to grind...(like they do with paving)

Edited by RockyBalboa

The paving change was bad, they created a requirement so they could then make that goal easy to get to.

"It's your problem if you don't have it" means that you will be forced to grind another skill to stay competitive in PvP, especially that they made gaining easier, everyone will have to have shied-bashing.

Base it on shield skill? At 0 skill in any shield type, you get the shield bash option. At 0 skill, it starts with 1sec stun upon success. Increase stun time by .2 every 10 levels, for a maximum of 3 second stun at 100 skill (or 99.51 or w/e as it usually does)

Success of hit based on body control, Damage amount (if any) based on body strength.

Makes sense to me. /shrug

I like this version. A fight shouldn't come down to how long you can stun&spam your enemy. Using it to change your enemies aimed area or to unbalance them would make sence (unbalanced moment, not so they have a handful of free shots and then bash you again).

Maybe some counter skill is needed so the effect of being bashed in pvp would counteract the effect?

Could quite easily be body control for instance, but may not be a skill large enough to offer diversity??

Maybe Bashing skill could counteract each other on a successful bash???

Voting to leave it as is!

I think the only thing needs removing is the cooldown in PvE so that we can train it up more easily like those before it was added. However keep it in PvP

• Like 2

So I went tried raising shield bashing a bit. I put around 8-10 hours in it now and I managed to reach 28, yes that is on sleep bonus.

(for some more info: I used a large shield starting at 70ql, and switching when they got down to 40ql. I mixed between shields with no botd and two shields with 20ish botd)

The skill is very slow to raise, but I think it should not be altered further. People seem to forget that you also raise your shield skill, sub fighting skill and get a good deal of characteristics when shield bashing. When this is all combined you can see that the shieldbashing skillgain is just fine.

The actual start of shieldbashing is horrible though, but once you get to around 20 it becomes like a normal skill that is just a tad slower to raise.

Edited by GroeneAppel

greatest argument ever bro.

Indeed, make a suggestion thread about removing any skill ingame and watch how people react.

-1 I've worked too hard raising it.

Maybe you could suggest an alternative?

Nosyt had a good suggestion,

In order to shield bash, you need to be in Agressive Stance, This allows you to shield bash anybody in Aggressive and Normal stance. If you're in defensive then you are unable to be shield bashed.

This gives the fighting stances more perks, a bit more player tatical skill.

*You should be able to shieldbash in PvE in any stance.

• Like 2

Maybe you could suggest an alternative?

Your suggestion was practically "Remove Shieldbash skill, and make it so everyone can use shieldbash". I'd like to hear your reasoning as to why remove the entire skill. What would you think if I made a thread called "Remove Digging, Remove the digging skill entirely, but everyone can still have the option to dig, but make the digging timers slower/less effective". It doesn't seem like your intention is to re-balance/change how Shieldbash works.

Reasons, here are a few:

1. Shieldbashing is now another "required" skill to PvP, adding to the amount of skills new players need to get into the loop.

2. This also means that shields are even more OP and will further disadvantage dual-wielding and 2-handed weapons, now even without archers to worry about.

3. The stun timers at high levels are ridiculous, re-balancing the stun timers to a cap of 5 second would actually make the skill redundant.

Your suggestion was practically "Remove Shieldbash skill, and make it so everyone can use shieldbash". I'd like to hear your reasoning as to why remove the entire skill. What would you think if I made a thread called "Remove Digging, Remove the digging skill entirely, but everyone can still have the option to dig, but make the digging timers slower/less effective". It doesn't seem like your intention is to re-balance/change how Shieldbash works.

You didn't even read the whole thread. Good for you.

Shield bashing is pretty unbalanced as it is.

I do like Nosyt's idea posted by Metaldragon and Hordern's idea.

Maybe a combination of both could make it more balanced.

-

Also just now looked at the poll numbers. Quite a lot of people were in favor of removing. A bit more than I expected actually.

Edited by Kswords

You didn't even read the whole thread. Good for you.

Shield bashing is pretty unbalanced as it is.

I do like Nosyt's idea posted by Metaldragon and Hordern's idea.

Maybe a combination of both could make it more balanced.

-

Also just now looked at the poll numbers. Quite a lot of people were in favor of removing. A bit more than I expected actually.

Ok tell me where do you explain the reasoning behind REMOVING an entire skill. How do you even measure how unbalance it is? Have you compared it to other skills? And even if you prove that it is unbalanced, why remove the entire skill?

As far as votes go, the majority voted against removing the skill.

Ok tell me where do you explain the reasoning behind REMOVING an entire skill. How do you even measure how unbalance it is? Have you compared it to other skills? And even if you prove that it is unbalanced, why remove the entire skill?

As far as votes go, the majority voted against removing the skill.

I've explained my reasoning, apparently you just can't go back a page and read it.

You should explain to me this:

Why shouldn't Shield Bashing skill be removed?

What makes it so balanced?

What could be changed to make it balanced if it is unbalanced?

"The reasoning behind this post is that the way Shield bashing is now the higher skill you have the higher stun you can do, thus turning the tables in a PvP situation fairly easy with the click of a button.

With a set base of around 1-2 second stun then anyone can do a shield bash."

This is your reason to remove shieldbash. Ok so! "The reasoning behind this post is the way this skill works is that if you have higher skill the more effective it is, thus turning the tables in PvP towards higher skilled players within a click of a button."

You should explain to me this:

Why shouldn't Shield Bashing skill be removed?

Because it is a fun skill and a lot of players like it, it has its uses like keeping players from running away in the midst of pvp. Shield bash is already part of the game, try explaining why any skill should be removed (but its use kept ingame). Would you like it if they removed digging skill and set a digging timer the same for everyone? Isn't that changing the game a little too much?

What makes it so balanced?

It's as useful as any other combat skill and requires the same if not more effort to raise shieldbash than weapon or shield skill.

What could be changed to make it balanced if it is unbalanced?

It has already been nerfed before, and players even asked to increase the speed of shieldbash skillgain, so its also fairly difficult to raise. I don't think further balance is necessary.

-1 to late .... many ppls already work hard to get it, is your problem if u dont have it....

this response is the reason wurm never changes...

The if i can spend my lfie doing so can everyone else.... your like what 1 in 7 billion.... and looking at wurms population and the people who skill it... something like maybe 10% get it over 50.... so if 10% of 6000 people get it the other 90% are lazy? or maybe the skill its just to ###### hard.... the aim is to increase the player base and increase pvp not stick to old broken mechanics that allow a few big fish in a small pond to win... so we change it... you loose some time... the game grows... not a hard choice. imo the current player base should be more objective about new players especially the old pvpers who want to see more players fighting and not keep there broken grinding method o themselves misinformation and hard grinds make this game unplayable maybe it's time for a change.

but the skill shouldn't be removed nerf it to a 3 second timer max in pvp thats huge esp if you have a group of people ready to knock you back on your ass. the aim is to make pvp free flowing