Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

A Comment On Joining The Pristine/release Servers With The Other Servers

Thats because he spent alot of money buying skilled alts on Pristine.

• Like 1

Thats because he spent alot of money buying skilled alts on Pristine.

Bought and sold thank you very much :)

the point of P & R was to have a fresh start, meaning old players would have to start over to play

Your argument is they should be combined so I can start using my awesome older, higher skilled toon on the new cluster.. which is against everything they were made for.

I do get it, you don't.

and YES.. i don't mind another year. I only want as long as it takes for the market to be close to that of the old freedom markets. Once that happens.. there is no reason not to combine them.

This says it all pretty much

• Like 2

Not sure why this is still being " argued / discussed " over really.

Rolf stated at the start it would be linked WHEN ( not IF ) there is a certain level of skill met on the P & R cluster (not even counting the status of Uniques here). No player is in a position to see when that skill level is met, we can only guess at players skills, especially for those who do not advertise every single title / point gained in every skill.

Yes, there will be players unhappy it is being linked , but it was known from the start that it would be joined at some point.

I'm quite certain that Rolf will post when he thinks it is ready to be linked, and in what manner that linking will happen.

Till then i am quite happy playing on my Pristine toon as well as my Cele ones. No harm in having more characters able to do the building etc :)

(For the record i would like to see them linked, but i really don't care when that happens because i know it WILL happen at some point).

Edited by Kediec
  • Like 1

I'm only seeing Roan arguing for this hah

I am against Release and Pristine being joined with the other servers, but why should I say anything?

Few agree with me anyways and Roan was doing just fine. Roan didn't need me mucking up his arguments.

Truth is Rolf will do what Rolf and his friends and favorite customers want to do. My opinion, or most other's opinions, matter little. Even Rolf's previous statements matter little... he has the right to "change his mind" and he's done it on other matters many times in the past.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 3

-1 to this from me.

PvE players should NEVER be forced onto a PvP server in my opinion, not even if they are just passing through to get to somewhere else.

So, nobody in this scenario is FORCING a PvE player to go through a PvP server.  That is the player's choice to risk it for the other market or not.  Makes the economy on the new servers more isolated like they are now, and gives new players who ended up starting on servers like Deli (like me) a chance to move to a less crowded server, without having to make a new character and everything.  Second, make it so there actually is sea combat of some sort so they can't just sail through...unless I'm mistaken and there already is...  So people sailing through with like a row boat aren't really juicy "targets", but the large merchants with like a Cog or something are to avoid crashing markets cross servers.

Definately a +1 to linking the Pristine cluster via the chaos server, to keep the trade, well....trade.  Trade in real life ALWAYS has risks, whether its pirates(not as common anymore, but they do still exist and they were far more common in the medeval era) or more commondly somebody or something messing up.

Also, that would give access to reset affinities to the Pristine cluster (whatever that means, goes to look up on the wiki). :)

Edited by Klistofklades

I'd really like to see the server clusters joined as soon as possible so that I can bring 2 of my characters from Celebration to Pristine. The funny part is.. My Pristine toon has higher skills than my Cele toon has in many ways, but I still would appreciate the opportunity to consolidate onto 1 server and be able to leverage both characters rather than bounce back and forth. I respect the opinions if all players who disagree on the subject. It does seem like the economy has developed enough that joining the wouldn't be a disaster but I'm no expert. An eta or statement if intent at least would be nice

Rolf stated that there would be 'at least' one more new server prior to them being connected....I dont see any new servers yet...so guessing still some time....at the general rate (from the past) of one new server per year..............

True. I guess I wonder if the population really justifies another server. Personally I love new servers

You will see them connected more than likely near the end of the year or beginning of next year.

The market is slowly getting more competition from people who actually come over and play there.

For those of you who came knowing they would not be connected and did so to make trader deeds tough luck you'll just have to wait it out.

There are many players on the server right now who do not want to ever see them connected ever.

The time will come and be done soon enough so enjoy it will you can.

Then guess what???

More new servers will happen. :D

Edited by Protunia

There are some of us that have land on P/R that want access to it with our main accounts. How long do we have to wait to get access to them? Sure it is making money but thats about it by the time i get access to it there will be another new server and i will want to move on to it. I am sure there are loads of people that want to go look around that did not make new accounts. How long do they have to wait? 

In my opinion the reason they are wanting it to remain separate is they are thinking that the penned dragons that are left will be killable someday by changed code or something. They killed 5 of them already but they want the last three too. Who is being selfish there? Anyone that tells you they want it left separate is coming from a place of greed. 

I also do have premium characters and three deeds over there so i don't want to hear that i have no say because i do and all my votes will be going to join them if there was a vote. (and no i don't hold any of the dragons i just want access to my deeds with my main)

I will buy it i sent you a pm

and your new deeds planning on trying a trader there too?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/83373-wts-deed/

located at y36-X13 called yazoo city it is a 31x18 coastal deed set on a cliff with great views and has a placed marble (cost 50s to place)  that has maybe a 100 mined off it with lots of trees and has iron tin and copper also has 38 days upkeep is 6s 34c a month, little has  been done to develop it but does have a natural harbor and has mailbox with 56 courier on it . I also will be throwing in the deed next to it which is a 37x91 with 28 days upkeep(no guard)  at 6s31c a month. It is also a coastal deed that has a little pond on it

Sorry but your argument to join them just got a little stale imho.

Edited by Protunia

and your new deeds planning on trying a trader there too?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/83373-wts-deed/

Sorry but your argument to join them just got a little stale imho.

Do i care what you think about it..no and i am not sure why you thought posting this here is going to help your cause any. It does not change the fact that many of us do have deeds over there and want access to them.

it's okay I am not going anyplace i can wait for them i would just like it sooner than latter but it will happen. 

Edited by Kegan

please combine them ;) afterall some of us want to befriend people from outside our servers OR give us a possibility to add friends without meeting them (specially since we can talk over servers now too)