Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Make Locking Items In Enemy Territory Impossible

So if I am understanding correctly, intentionally griefing other players is a perfectly acceptable practice in a pvp environment? Forget about the fun, the sport, the thrill of the chase, the challenge of pitting skill against skill, the strategy of it all, and all that.... Just let people be able to scorch earth everyone if they choose... That's called anarchy and it only leads to destruction and waste...

ok, I'm done... I have another idea...

It's acceptable as in, it's within the rules. The majority does not like this kind of behaviour either, they try to focus on the fun bits you have mentioned. There is just one (reaaaaally) small group that keeps doing this, my point is that people should learn to fight back against this small amount of people instead of changing the rules or game mechanics that will probably cause much more trouble in the end.

Heboric - Kill them, they will crap their pants and think twice about coming back. The only reason they are able to get away with what they do is because no one on that server stops them and they have their spys watching for when JKE turn up.

People need to take responsibiltiy for their actions or in this particular case, their lack of.

Limit it to 20ql locks, I'd be perfectly fine with that. As it is I think players can do too much damage to home servers which is not going to help a single player in this game.

Maybe you should, I don't know, secure your village better on a server where you know that kind of thing can happen? Lock bins up yourself? Make better walls around the village? Yes it does suck they put such great locks on everything, sorry to hear.

The problem is not because you are weak. It is because you do not work together.

As long as you do not work together you will continue to be the lowest on the food chain.

Legal or illegal, right or wrong, I would just like to point out that Rolf is losing a LOT of money from the noobs who are being griefed and are ragequitting after three days in game.

Legal or illegal, right or wrong, I would just like to point out that Rolf is losing a LOT of money from the noobs who are being griefed and are ragequitting after three days in game.

If he cares (which I suspect and hope he doesn't) he'll do something. If you care you should do something. That is the whole point of a PvP server, the players make the rules. Every tool JKH needs to stop them exists in game. I'd rather play a game with a purpose than one that's a litany of poorly implemented stop gap rules that just cause the idiots to adapt rather than disappear.

If enough people on Epic really cared they'd disappear. I suspect it's actually getting close to that point, I for one would rather let it play out than make a rule that stops valid play for a group that will eventually disappear anyway.

Edited by belthize

I cannot agree to no locking in enemy territory. But the one thing I do question is allowing locking on deeds specifically. Should people be allowed to lock containers on enemy deeds? That is, assuming this is possible going off the OP, I've never tried myself. I'm on the fence about it as deed rules are enforced until all guards are dead, and then you have free roam to do whatever for everything else.

As for the people of question, you just have to be ready and start slaughtering them. They have a CR nerf, you have numbers, it's not hard to kill people, and don't be afraid to try. When these people were JK still they tried coming to MRH and every time we caught them before they were able to log off in a cave or run, they got slaughtered. Myself and a friend even killed four of them with just the two of us because the CR nerf enabled us to have the edge and match them, and ultimately beat them. I'll never understand someone that doesn't even try to use their home server advantage to their benefit when the people they're up against are in a full sailboat at best. FS is easily the fastest skill in the game to grind, there's no excuse.

• Like 1

You make very valid points belthize. I suppose part of the frustration is that while organization is certainly the key, it's pretty hard to ask/expect new players to organize immediately they start playing, along with the myriad other things they are doing at the same time. At the same time - FS levels are rising on JKE and there already have been occasions that groups have forced them into their caves and logging without anyone from JKE involved.

It's pretty hard work though as these people were already digging tunnels, caves etc etc long before most of us were even playing the game - and they know JKH much better than the people presently living here.

I think what the OP was bemoaning though was the level of maliciousness and unpleasantness the one action of locking new players gear causes. In the end I have to agree that a rules change though would probably not be the answer, no matter how appealing it might look to someone confronted with a pile of locked stuff that he can't even remove from view without rebuilding elsewhere.

For certain though - this type of gameplay is costing the game players, and money.....so it's an expensive way to ensure that the lowest forms of jollies also have the freedom to be expressed in the pursuit of freedom itself.

I bet if you spent not even half the time on training fighting that the raiders waste on making 99ql locks, you could shrek them pretty good

Agreed on them being twits Heboric, but all it takes is somebody to create an organized response. As it stands now they're picking people off, they got curb stomped on MR because folks like Gary organized the response. It's not a function of FS it's a function of organization.

Teach people to be informative in kchat. When I've gone to help I just got frustrated by the lack of communication.

Epic has been around for a year, surely folks on JKH have horses, presumably better horses than TK does. Get a group of people together and chase them till they go to ground. Mine in, put in supports, new mine door, walls etc so they have to suicide out or you can go in and kill them. If you don't want to wait for them bring all the trolls, scorps, bears and god knows what you can tame/dom and stuff them in the mine. When they relog the 20 or so pissed off animals will take care of them for you.

Just have to think a bit about what they're doing and how to counter it, might even have fun while you're at it.

TK also has a JK alt deed or at least village somewhere where they can stash their stuff and alts. Tough for you to do it yourself without going hunted but I'm willing to bet if it's location were pointed out there are some MR or BL folks that wouldn't mind a little raid. JKE could probably be convinced to look the other way while it went on.

In the meantime maybe if JKH was doing that folks on Elevation might take a wander over to TK's capital and see what's under the rubble.

If JKH is waiting for the new players to defend themselves then JKH has themselves to blame for not being a kingdom not Rolf to blame for bad code.

Edited by belthize
  • Like 2

There already is a high enough cost to be raided... you die and the enemies get free access to your valuables and can drain your deed... Locking accomplishes nothing and is only intended as a form of griefing. It serves no purpose in game and absolutely should be disallowed.

So just because this is a sandbox, it is 100% OK to grief new players to the point that they ragequit? It's OK to deliberately inconvenience a defenseless noob who has no way to even counteract the malicious act? It's OK to commit unnecessary malicious acts for fun? This is a legitimate game tactic, just because SOME people enjoy it? Give me a break, the opinions of the countless noobs count for more than those of the five or so TK griefers, due to the fact that the noobs have a much larger body to be represented. If TK locked my stuff, I'd take an anvil out of the bank and make myself some 80ql lockpicks and pick off whatever they locked my stuff with. A noob doesn't have the skills or resources to be able to unlock his stuff. He has to beg in kchat for someone to come help him, and if he's lucky, he will find someone. If he's even luckier, that person won't charge. Everyone hates free to play, but I can't imagine buying premium from the start, not knowing if the game is for you. I personally spent two years as non-premium. I have been non-premium longer than I have been premium. Non-premium can't even make lockpicks, they can't defend themselves unless they form a large group from day one, which usually doesn't happen. Then they have to hope that they can get going on mining and smithing skills to make weapons, armor, and shields, and all that takes time. How often do we get between raids? We sometimes get raided two or more consecutive days. We may get a day off, but the raiders are back the next day. That doesn't give even a large village of 10 people enough time to grind smithing skills to a level high enough for them to create decent quality basic gear. That doesn't even include the multitude of skills needed to create a semi-safe enclosure, plus skills for making tools, bows, arrows, etc. My point: THEY HAVE NO CHANCE! If their tools are all locked in chests with 95ql locks, like I mentioned above: beg in kchat and hope they don't get charged. Most likely, they will all quit after that, and Wurm will have lost what could have been a great group of players, possibly the next Mongol Empire. We don't know, they don't know, because no one will ever have the chance to know.

/rant over

While I understand your frustration and agree that these guys have a disgusting play style that seems insistant upon driving people to quit, I can not support your suggestion. These guys are cowards and they will not do anything that would risk their life so all you have to do is attack, you're already on a home server that puts them at a disadvantage with a CR nerf so -1 to Freedom 2.0 and +1 to learning to defend yourselves with basic fight skill on a pvp server. Keep in mind what happened to Kuzym and that it is possible for 5 froobs to kill a 70+FS fighter who does not have a CR nerf.

Epic is for looking after yourself and your friends, not having game mechanics do it for you.

Those 5 mongol kingdom alts had 70ql two handed swords and kuzym was stuck in a fence and defenseless.

Locking stuff up in enemy servers makes no sense. Its simply subversive and should be disabled. Im tired of having to pick high ql locks off of noob shacks that have been locked up by raiders.