Sign in to follow this  
NyteShade

The Great Loom Push Of '29

I was out for a morning ride with my trusty steed, StrongWind, when something caught my eye off in the distance. Being of the curious sort, I moved in to get a better look, and there it was. Surrounded by overgrown grass and grazing horses, was a loom. . I stood by the fence wondering about its history when the most miraculous thing happen- it began to glow, every so softly. This was not just your normal, run of the mill loom. This one was different- it was a rare and interesting version indeed. Made of untreated maple, the elements had warped its frame, with dings and dents at its base. Again in glowed, this time a bit brighter, as if begging for help. It pulled to me, and I knew what I had to do. I needed to rescue this loom in distress.

Contacting the owner of the deed, I arranged a deal, and he helped push the loom to the main road, and wished me luck. Taking a peak at the map, the daunting task before me fully set in and shook my head at my own stupidity. Sighing, I began to push. And push. I contacted a few friends, and in the blink of an eye it was no longer just a girl and her loom. I was surrounded by people, willing to help with the back breaking task. Across the water and through the woods, we pushed. Through the PPM tunnel we went, and some kind souls pointed out the loom wouldn't go through the guard house, and made a side exit for it. On and on we pushed, through the Green tunnel, up mountains and down the side. Winter had turned to spring, and that's when the unthinkable started- wave after wave of disconnections. We continued on as best as possible, with people catching up to the group, only to push a few times before being dc'ed again. Finally, many hours from when we started, I could see .... safety. The epic journey had finally come to an end, and the loom was finally home.

RecentMap1_zps3deffa00.png

wurm201301151944_zps80c81830.jpg

I want to give a HUGE thank you to Faeran, Nzkiwi, Griphyth, Arowhun and Zaria, there is no way I could have done it with out you. To the countless people who took pity when they saw us in local, and donated their time and backs, a million thanks. It really warms my heart to know that we have this kind of community here in Deli, you guys made this ordeal a thousand times more entertaining!

Edited by NyteShade
  • Like 35

It was our pleasure to help out :) This push made me reconsider pushing my rare forge from Puzzles. I guess it will have to stay there for all of wurm eternity.

next time buy it unfinished XD

I could have done that... but its kinda like the difference between saving a dog at the pound, or getting one from a breeder- it was a major pita, but I feel good knowing I'll give the loom a good, loving home :)

• Like 2

What an interesting tale! Nice job and grats on the rare loom, lol.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

i hope its not like when i got my loom and i only used it once and completely left it alone

I strangely found this enjoyable.

ucLed.jpgzANEx.jpg

DTMyp.jpg

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 4

:P Thanks for posting the pics, love the last one!

@ Chiclet - it took us ::cough:: around 9 hours, but I'm pretty sure at least an hour of that was just figuring out how we could do it. In all honestly, I thought it was a 4-5 hour job.. I was a bit off xD

Nice to hear you got it home safely.Hope it repays you with lots of gold[one day]

nicely written xD

respect everyone who went to help ^^

hope i see some noob pushing oven next to my place lol

Hahahahaha. I knew many wurm players were a bit odd, but that's properly insane :D

• Like 1

That is MAD!!! Myself and a friend once pushed a boat about 50 tiles, it was exhausting. You make 50 tiles of boat look like nothing :lol:

Posted this to the Wurm Facebook page :)

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 1

I laughed.

This should become an annual event: the whole of Deli comes together to push a random item from one end of the server to another.

• Like 2

I laughed.

This should become an annual event: the whole of Deli comes together to push a random item from one end of the server to another.

+1000

I laughed.

I'm sorry, I gotta say I got a little sick at this thought- but it would be one very interesting server event xD

@Docterchese - thanks for adding it to the Facebook page! I'm really glad I could entertain people with my little tale- I can't say I would do it again, but it was worth it :D

Edited by NyteShade