Sign in to follow this  
NyteShade

The Great Loom Push Of '29

Hahahahah this is brilliant! I remember back on JKH my friend Spikesp pushed a 50ql forge over 50 tiles to his little base camp he was living, but this is extreme!

Well done!

Edited by MetalDragon

:wub: I Love this story ....it's the best feel good story I have read this year ....I laughed I cried .... I'll share it with all my friends. ;)
  • Like 2

I've been wondering what happend to my rare loom... I demand you push it all the way back right now!

Just kidding

• Like 2

wow...this should be a sticky and a link for the newbs to see...show them anything is possible if you want it bad enough...lol

how much to buy with delivery?

(just kidding)

Definitely an olympic feat.

I suggest you make it a yearly event/contest.

Have Faeran and Griph each start with an item to push from Northern Deli to Southern Deli and have people place bets on who will cross the finish line first.

They need to be equiped with only the starter set a new player comes out of the tutorial with. Let them forage and botanize for their meals. (To make it EASY, be sure they pass a clay pit and a water source along the route).

• Like 1

Crazy people...

I've done simmilar things for mailboxes and once for a sailboat, but nothing so huge, and never on my own.

But yeah, there should be a solution to "carry" stuff like this, specially now with multi-story, would be great if we could move our looms, ovens and forges to upper floors, instead of having to make new ones.

I'm proud to report that beauty of a loom is now stilling pretty at a 90ql with a cast of 87woa - well, 83ql now, I've put it to allot of work! :D

• Like 3

Nappy brought this back to life when players were discussing having to push BSB to turn in rock shards for the Desolation PVP server.

I wanted to add my first experience with pushing:

I was new to wurm and I saw that someone created a well for water in the middle of the desert. I wanted a water well in my base so I pushed it back to my base only to find out the well doesn't work.

I know FOR A FACT that others saw me doing this and im sure they just laughed as they rode away on their blazing Hell Horses.

Looking back, it was a great learning experience.

• Like 2

I wonder what became of NyteShade, she was my first neighbor when I joined Wurm.

1 hour ago, Rathgar said:

I wonder what became of NyteShade, she was my first neighbor when I joined Wurm.

She had a selling gear thread in Freedom WTS last week.

Congratulations! LOL

I also did something similar, when entirely new, for a mailbox. Pushed it across Newspring Island on Xan for a week by myself, hiding it inside trees along the way jealously for logouts, etc. Then I got home and saw someone making them and enchanting for like 1s on-site in trade chat after the grueling week thinking I'd scored so big.

Grats again, and there should definitely be an annual Push-Off 5000 event of some sort 🤣 I want in as a champ pusher!

Edit: omg the more i recall, the more funny it is 😆 i remember now people passing on occasion and stopping to gawk and ask what i was doing and me trying to stop and act like im doing nothing or some such.. and me wondering why the hell everyone is so curious at what im doing pushing a mailbox down the road

so to take this to the next level, can you manage to push and not be seen? 😏👻

pushing should be a skill and have titles! 😊

again, grats, I was more than eager to welcome you to Club Push and share my own self-imposed hazing experience to club entry upon reading this post hahaa 😀

@MootRedgreat one! :)

Is it 2020 already?

Edited by Alpengeist
  • Like 2

On 8/13/2020 at 3:13 PM, Alpengeist said:

I also did something similar, when entirely new, for a mailbox. Pushed it across Newspring Island on Xan for a week by myself, hiding it inside trees along the way jealously for logouts, etc. Then I got home and saw someone making them and enchanting for like 1s on-site in trade chat after the grueling week thinking I'd scored so big.

I hear this happening with mailboxes often. There is definately an audience for an event like this.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:13 PM, Alpengeist said:

Grats again, and there should definitely be an annual Push-Off 5000 event of some sort 🤣 I want in as a champ pusher!

When I saw the thread I thought it was an event like impalong. Wouldn't have participated myself, but wanted to go there and be like "what are you nutcases doing pushing that rare loom all over the place". XD

• Like 1

Well, since this thread has been resurrected (and perhaps for a good reason - this is part of Deliverance lore now), let me add my own small story. It's nothing compared to the Great Loom Push - far from it - but I too have been part of the Push Culture (tm), so I feel somewhat legit.

When I was still a noob, some 3 centuries ago, I moved into a decaying shack near the first friend I made in Wurm - Delone. There, I worked on my skills and prepared myself for exploring Celebration to find a place for a deed of my own. This phase of my life took approximately two months, during which I made a number of objects for the new deed. One of them... was a rowing boat.

With my barely existent shipbuilding skills, I slaved on the boat on and off for about a week. I made it next to my shack, which was far away from any water. My reasoning was -  and you have to remember I was a noob - that I would finish the boat and then pick it up and walk it to the sea shore. After all, the rowing boat was not much bigger than a canoe and I certainly lifted those in real life. So, the vessel was finished and its was made of cedar.

I think you can guess the rest. The rowing boat was too heavy to lift. So, here I was, a dude with a boat in the middle of a forest. I felt like part of the Fellini poster "E la nave va" (look it up!).

Luckily for me, my friend Delone came to help. And the distance to water was nowhere near as monumental as the distance the loom had to travel in the original story on this thread. We pushed and pushed, during which time my noob mind was completely convinced that the boat would probably sink the moment it hits water. But it floated! And in the next week I travelled all over Celebration in it and found a perfect location for my new home - The Garden of Fo. I am still in that home and the boat is still with me.

The moral of the story? Well, back then it was "build sea vessels next to the shore, you dolt". But now, it's "make sure you know someone with a ship transporter!" ;) 

• Like 2

Great story reminds me of when me and my friends started and we pushed a mailbox from one end of Black Dog Isle on Indy to the other because none of us could make or enchant one yet :)

But I have to ask ' Didn't anyone who came to help have a wagon?  :D

On 4/2/2021 at 5:53 PM, Bachus said:

Great story reminds me of when me and my friends started and we pushed a mailbox from one end of Black Dog Isle on Indy to the other because none of us could make or enchant one yet :)

But I have to ask ' Didn't anyone who came to help have a wagon?  :D

The story has largely been lost in the deep mists of time however I believe this is from the era when wagons were just a wishful glimmer in someone's mind.

3 hours ago, Nappy said:

this is from the era when wagons were just a wishful glimmer in someone's mind.

This.