Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Started The New Chaos Code

Rolf only posted a week ago. There won't have been much progress yet.

I really can't see any way to fairly implement ocean border crossings for Chaos. I'd suggest something like the Epic portal to go to Chaos, except allow your character to carry all gear and stats/skills.

24 hour turnaround, just like Epic. You can put a Chaos portal in your house and blip back and forth between Wild and Freedom whenever you like, except for the 24 hour delay.

This will allow whoever wants to, the opportunity to quickly travel to Chaos and spend a day or more there before returning just as quickly. Boats are still critical on Chaos due to the sheer size of the server, but there won't be any crazy border crap or loot transfers across servers in excess of what players can actually carry.

Please keep the borders completely open, as myself and some others get money from lock picking boats and selling them.

Chaos needs open borders with NO penalties, however a day or so timer to be able to cross back again should be put in.

Please keep the borders completely open, as myself and some others get money from lock picking boats and selling them.

Chaos needs open borders with NO penalties, however a day or so timer to be able to cross back again should be put in.

What if some sort of function were built in to have NPC's deliver your EMPTY boat from server to server? Mooring anchor and lock transfers. Boat must be otherwise empty. You use a coin on a boat and it becomes a boat claim marker. You take the boat claim marker to a Freedom server, and use it on an ocean water tile, and your boat appears there.

Boat claim markers would be droppable loot. Any coin would work, 1i or 1g, whatever makes you happy.

A timer-border will just mean people will abuse it. A completely open border will just mean that folks will live on Freedom and raid into Wild.

Edited by Farmerbob

You need a border crossing cool down or they will play border exploiting all day long.

When in combat you should not be able to cross into safety at all.

To sit here and say you want anyone in local to not be able to log off and then say oh but i want to cross borders into safety is a bit much.

I personally would Put it back like it was before you connected it to Freedom with out penalties since most things have already flooded the market.

And please give us the ability to shut down the global chat for once as they tend to say some things on there at times without moderators a lot of people do not want to read and that break the chat rules.

Edited by Protunia

I want the weekend raiders tho, I want freedomers to come over and give it a go.

Add some sort of cool down and maybe you can't cross if in enemy local or whilst in combat (or have been). Simple as.

Anything else will make people coming over less likely and that is not what chaos needs.

• Like 2

One more thing that bugs me.

This constant allowing of refunds of deeds/traders on chaos.

Many people on all the freedom isles would like to be able to move there deeds with a full refund once in awhile.

Hows about once a year offering the same thing to all players??

I think its only fair.

Edited by Protunia

Many people on all the freedom isles would like to be able to move there deeds with a full refund once in awhile.

I think its only fair.

What exactly is fair about allowing free disbands on servers where the rules haven't been changed or are in a constant state of flux?

The disbands are there to allow players that settled under the limited pvp ruleset to up and leave if they so desire.

Also on Wild/Chaos we don't move deed tokens as a rule as they are fixed into secured positions generally. So... if you want to move your token, you pay for it, not beg for free disbands coz the other server you don't play on might be getting free disbands. LOL

• Like 6

I think its only fair.

Sure, if we add/remove/change PvP on the other servers once a year. Have fun with that.

• Like 3

What exactly is fair about allowing free disbands on servers where the rules haven't been changed or are in a constant state of flux?

The disbands are there to allow players that settled under the limited pvp ruleset to up and leave if they so desire.

Also on Wild/Chaos we don't move deed tokens as a rule as they are fixed into secured positions generally. So... if you want to move your token, you pay for it, not beg for free disbands coz the other server you don't play on might be getting free disbands. LOL

Then why were you guys begging on here.... rules change all the time in game and have for years.

You either allow it at times or simply don't, but this favoritism thing with chaos and being allowed to disband traders and deeds for free because of some changes is well getting old.

Everyone should have the opportunity to move once in awhile with a free disband.

I have deeds 3 years plus old I would move if given a chance once in awhile.

I think having paid into the system for that long at 20s+ a month Yes I deserve a disband of deed and traders just like chaos gets once in a while.

Sorry i dont buy the my rules changed so i get to disband for free over and over again argument.

Edited by Protunia

I want the weekend raiders tho, I want freedomers to come over and give it a go.

Add some sort of cool down and maybe you can't cross if in enemy local or whilst in combat (or have been). Simple as.

Anything else will make people coming over less likely and that is not what chaos needs.

Epic has a lot of back and forth traffic because people can simply pop over to Epic from their Freedom deed (or the other way around) every 24 hours. Duplicate this freedom of movement with equipment and skills being untouched, and I think a whole lot of people would be making appearances on Chaos.

Yes, without some sort of new mechanic, this would mean that cross server boat trading to/from Chaos would end. But there would be more active players, who would want boats and gear and things they can't carry across, like carts, etc.

Edited by Farmerbob

Protunia, Chaos is in flux. PVP towns rarely move. Your three years in one place is a short-lived village compared to some on Chaos. But a lot of folks have moved to Chaos and founded new villages in the last year under different rulesets. Now the rules are changing again, and allowing those folks a way out from changes that will change the fundamental nature of the server is a good plan, else there will be much rage-quitting.

If Rolf decides to make all the servers in Freedom PVP and give us an opportunity to move elsewhere, then yes, a deed refund would be in order. If fact, if I'm not mistaken, something like that has occurred at least once before - when Independence was opened.

I understand what you are saying, but don't agree with you.

• Like 1

Protunia, i dont think you understand the situation here. Allow me to spell it out for you.

Rolf is introducing free disbands because of the following steps. Ill go through each slowly for you.

1) People settled on Chaos assuming the server code wouldnt change.

2) People placed deeds on a server which they assumed they wouldnt be raided on.

3) Rolf says Chaos rule set is changing, therefore the server which people planted deeds on is no longer what they may have moved there for.

4) Rolf decided that its only fair that people who do not want to live on the server because the rules are changing (please refer to step 2 to be reminded why they landed on Chaos) and so offers free refunds due to this.

Rolf is not introducing free disbands because of the following steps. I'll go through each slowly for you.

1) No server code is changing which affects villages.

I hope this helps Protunia.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 6

You need a border crossing cool down or they will play border exploiting all day long.

When in combat you should not be able to cross into safety at all.

To sit here and say you want anyone in local to not be able to log off and then say oh but i want to cross borders into safety is a bit much.

I personally would Put it back like it was before you connected it to Freedom with out penalties since most things have already flooded the market.

It depends on your perspective. Do you want to punish Freedomers for hopping into Chaos or Chaos players for hopping out of Chaos or both? For this Freedomer is simply someone sailing from the Freedom server while Chaos player is someone sailing from Chaos

Punishing Freedomers only

- accidently hopping into Chaos means they are stuck until the conditions that allow them back are met. Even if nothing happens in this situation it is probably not going to feel like a nice experience. Genuine accidental crossings might get punished

+Stops raiders from using freedom as a safe haven for hit and run.

Punishing Chaos Players only

-Allows Freedom based raiders to be able to stage hit and runs.

+Blocked access to Chaos until the conditions that allow them back are met., for Chaos players (yes, its a positive)

Punishing both

- Genuine accidents could be punished (more relevant to freedomers ending up on Chaos)

+Crossing the border is known to always have a consequence.

There are only really three things to decide

- should crossings be allowed to happen with enemies in local (chaos side only)

- what cooldown is required after going from Chaos -> Freedom (none - lots)

- what cooldown is required after going from Freedom -> Chaos (none - lots)

I'd put no other restrictions in but I think the game might possibly strip players of their alliance/kingdom if they leave the Chaos server and sorting that out would be another penalty.

For info:

The reason I said Chaos players being stuck on Freedom is a plus is because for the duration they cannot defend theirs or any other deed in their kingdom/alliance. If you forced a full knarr of players across the border then for a while you have an opportunity to hit a deed, not with impunity but with a strong advantage.

I need to bump this important thing that Xallo suggested and others.

*Farwalker amulets, make them not work while enemy in local.

*Take away Freedom chat, take back jk, bl and mr chat.

*Fix adamantine weapons, should hit harder, they dont.

*The elected King of each alliance should automatically get a Crown in gold that will glow over their head <- lol ?

• Like 2

I need to bump this important thing that Xallo suggested and others.

*Farwalker amulets, make them not work while enemy in local.

*Take away Freedom chat, take back jk, bl and mr chat.

*Fix adamantine weapons, should hit harder, they dont.

*The elected King of each alliance should automatically get a Crown in gold that will glow over their head <- lol ?

Please leave us with GL chat, if at all possible.

NOOooooooooooOOoooOOOo

Please disable freedom chat! Darth shuddup! I WANT TO ESCAPE THE CONSTANT FLASHY!

NOOooooooooooOOoooOOOo

Please disable freedom chat! Darth shuddup! I WANT TO ESCAPE THE CONSTANT FLASHY!

/kchat

• Like 1

Please leave us with GL chat, if at all possible.

Agree. Remove the chaos freedom chat for all i care nobody uses it anyway. But keep GL freedom and give us the ability to turn it on or off

Epic has a lot of back and forth traffic because people can simply pop over to Epic from their Freedom deed (or the other way around) every 24 hours.

It is one hour, not 24...

I still don't get why people are complaining about border pvp, open pvp was never disabled as far as I recall, whether it was with rep loss or as it is now, and there has not been any problems... I'm fairly certain I can assume changing alliances into kingdoms won't suddenly make people go all nolifenerd camping the borders.

• Like 2

I disagree make chaos its own chat or give freedom the ability to shut off Chaos and/or Global chat.

I am tired of it and the types of things said/language on it that break the chat rules when no moderator is around.

Connect them with Epic servers chat they sound alike.

Most of all I just want the ability to SHUT OFF GLOBAL.

I really dont care if they want to argue or get mad.

its the words that are said that mine and others chats do not need in general chat.

Edited by Protunia

the ability to shut off GL chat but be able to keep freedom chat (or kingdom chat) open. Shh about the silly ignore workaround.

I disagree make chaos its own chat or give freedom the ability to shut off Chaos and/or Global chat.

I am tired of it and the types of things said/language on it that break the chat rules when no moderator is around.

Connect them with Epic servers chat they sound alike.

Most of all I just want the ability to SHUT OFF GLOBAL.

I really dont care if they want to argue or get mad.

its the words that are said that mine and others chats do not need in general chat.

Soo... it's the people on Chaos that make up all the trolls in GL-chat? Always good to hear your perfectly reasoned, unprejudiced, balanced views of the world.

• Like 4

Soo... it's the people on Chaos that make up all the trolls in GL-chat? Always good to hear your perfectly reasoned, unprejudiced, balanced views of the world.

i have been on epic and seen the chat for months and i have had chat without chaos.

they do not get moderated like freedom and yes the language they use breaks the rules.

fing this fing that ah this ah that mfer this mfer that etc etc etc.... blatant sexual talk and the rest.

General chat does not need it

Freedom/ Indy rarely saw that at all.

Pristine gets it all the time because of the epic connection.

there is no bias at all ive seen it and its happening daily.

they tend to wait till there are no CA's in the window and then it shows up.

Maybe They think because they PvP or something its kewl to use the language or they are allowed to do it.

Im TIRED OF IT IN GLOBAL/GENERAL CHAT!!

it happens more on Global and i want the ability to shut it off.

Maybe its because i play so much and get to see all the hours of chat, but I think we should have the right to shut off global if we wish with out getting rid of our own servers chat.

/Gchat its that simple doooooooooooooo eeeeeeeetttttt

Like I said i do not care if they want to argue or get mad just stop with the garbage language and talk in global/general when the CA's are not there.

Edited by Protunia