Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Started The New Chaos Code

I wanted to give a heads up and again stress that you have to make preparations asap for increased PvP on Chaos.

I've just started coding with the aim of adding the player made kingdoms and the conquerable towers code. This means a lot of changes in lots of files.

I've created a code branch but there will be a lot of changes and if I work in both branches and try to merge later I'm really scared to end up with lots of conflicts and mess things up for other things. This means I'll probably avoid merging and instead hold off this Chaos code for as long as possible instead. In any case there will be no update until after the weekend, but eventually we will have to update and the code goes live which means you really need to prepare defenses now.

There will be free disbands for those settlements on Chaos that no longer wants to stay there once it's live.

The way I'm coding now means it won't be a home server with the Freedom kingdom everywhere any longer. Alliances will not be at war if they are in the same kingdom and people from the same kingdom will not be at war so until someone has joined another kingdom you'll all be at peace.

We will still have to wait for an update to the player model where different kingdom symbols are visible.

• Like 33

We are very grateful Rolf!

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

I've just started coding with the aim of adding the player made kingdoms and the conquerable towers code. This means a lot of changes in lots of files.

I'm not a chaos player, but this especially interested me, how will PMK's work on chaos, you say that until a new kingdom is formed, everyone is technically at peace, will the fees for a PMK be reduced in comparison to epic? and what about number requirements? i think these are important areas as if everyone is at peace until a new kingdom is formed (this is how i read it at least), then a PMK is not a luxury as it is on Epic, but it is a requirement and the implementation should reflect that, the price should be lower and need less people, to promote more PvP.

Edited by Bart
  • Like 1

Fantastic news Rolf!

Just remember to please make it painless to convert an existing deed into a PMK. My suggestions for this would be if you activate the declaration of independence (or whatever the item is) on a token, you get some 'convert to PMK' option - also if you rightclick the mayor of another town, like you have the current 'form alliance' option, you should get an 'invite to kingdom' option.

The way I'm coding now means it won't be a home server with the Freedom kingdom everywhere any longer. Alliances will not be at war if they are in the same kingdom and people from the same kingdom will not be at war so until someone has joined another kingdom you'll all be at peace.

So about the deeds and citizens before they join a PMK - will we all choose MR or JK [or HotS if you decide to change you mind about never bringing them back of course ;) ], or will the unattached deeds/players be Freedom until such time as they join a PMK? I'm basically a little fuzzy about the mechanics of kingdoms and alliances in the above quote.

how long of a window do we have to move over or will server border stay open and will there be any cost as before

• Like 1

How easy will it be to convert existing Freedom towers to your new Kingdom/PMK? Will it be the same 10 minute timer as is on Epic, or would it be possible if towers within a 1000 tile radius in all directions of the Capital convert to the new PMK? Otherwise a lot of bashing will need to be done...

I know that will take some cooperation between the two large Kingdoms, but it is perhaps an idea if both sides can agree.

Thank you Rolf for still caring for all for us on chaos, alot of old players will come back now. Its my guess that Chaos, or I shall call it Wild from now on will be the most popular server of all :)

• Like 1

Will spawn bashing be back on wild?

Will there be a FS reduction on changing servers as it will be turned back to portals again?, if it is.

Hope not!, doesn't change anything really.

Edited by whykillme

i have 2 deeds and i am not prepared to lose skill coming over and im sure i speak for many on this point .hope you simply let us sail back and forth

• Like 5

Yes, back and forth is a must even if the crossings could be a bit tricky on the eastern coast.

i have 2 deeds and i am not prepared to lose skill coming over and im sure i speak for many on this point .hope you simply let us sail back and forth

I think allowing unrestricted crossings is important to keep the player base high

• Like 1

Oh, please dont add in artifacts again, they caused more trouble then good!

• Like 1

I think allowing unrestricted crossings is important to keep the player base high

Unrestricted is a bit too loose imo... maybe 4 hour cooldown or some such.

i wonder how border will work with PVP, as in, if someone is attacked, and crosses, they instantly become unattackable i'm guessing, could there be some kind of PvP timer added in, like flagging in some other games, so if you cross the border whilst under attack or attacking another player, you are targettable and attackable/lootable by other flagged players until you have been out of combat for 5 minutes?

Unrestricted is a bit too loose imo... maybe 4 hour cooldown or some such.

Only issue would be people camping the crossing borders for cheap n cheerful piracy. Perhaps if the spawn in point along the borders were more random it wouldn't be an issue. As it is people coming over are going to land right in the middle of a well prepared gank fleet - not the sort of welcome someone trying Chaos out would enjoy especially if they are stuck on that side for 4 hours without any chance of escaping.

Only issue would be people camping the crossing borders for cheap n cheerful piracy. Perhaps if the spawn in point along the borders were more random it wouldn't be an issue. As it is people coming over are going to land right in the middle of a well prepared gank fleet - not the sort of welcome someone trying Chaos out would enjoy especially if they are stuck on that side for 4 hours without any chance of escaping.

Well i would guess you can't take over any items with you.

Keep the boarder open please rolf! Allow no crossing if you're in combat with another player or have been in the last 5-10 mins. Allow full items to cross, boats, and NO skill loss. This is paramount of Chaos' existence.

• Like 10