Sign in to follow this  
xdronn

Any Unsettled Land?

A few friends and I spent maybe three hours running along the coast last night and couldn't find any unsettled land. We were wondering if anyone knows of an empty part of the map 3-5 people could settle? We're noobs, so we're not sure where else to look but here. thanks :)

Key part of this is: three hours running along the coast. Try adventuring inland a bit, you will be surprised at the amount of unclaimed land you will find.

I haven't played on this sever so couldn't tell you; either go even further along a shore line and you just might find some undeeded land. If not, go inland more and you'll be more likely to encounter non-deeded land from my experience on Cele.

When a new server opens; everyone rushes to deed the shore land.

Edited by Twi

Coastline is usually taken pretty quickly. There may still be some spots you could use, although it does depend on how much work initially you want to do before it is comfortably livable.

Best bet is to head inland really, it doesn't always need to be that far inland either.

If you are worried about not being able to have ships or not being able to build them in a secure way, it might also be a viable strategy to put down a very small deed somewhere at the coast and nearby in the inland plot down your maindeed.

If I were you I would also inform before that quite a bit so you know where to best set up the Port-Deed... a good position where you can access different local markets might be interesting for Silvers in the future... or for importing wares and don't have to sail hours.

Also, basically its not much time you did use for searching a good deed position. When I came from GV I did take a really close look at 1. The Community Map and 2. did then visit quite some spots that I did pick out from the map. Also 3. I did ask around in the ingame chat where there is some lands available and I got quite some answers. When you did collect all those, you have to visit these points... I did walk all over indy in 3 days and did visit several locations, till I was satisfied (and that was just for the Port... my Maindeed came much later and is a totally other story ^^)

You might think this is much time... but please keep in mind that a good deed location will hamper or buff your Fun. Also you have to set some Priorities... write a list for the deed was it should have and what would be a Bonus and so on to judge the spots that you did visit. Also If you scout over days or maybe even weeks (if you dont have hours each day on your hand), then it might be a good idea to make several screenshots of a spot that you did visit and write down notes. Also keep in mind... dont just find a spot and think "Oh this looks nice" and then plot down the token. You should beforehand (at scouting + later again when plotting) check for nearby deeds and their perimeters... always check.

If you follow this advice you will find a good deed (it might take a short while) and on top not step other people on the toes (plotting without caring and blocking their perimeter, or stuff like that).

We have unsettled land in Release server, Just south of your server ;) Easy to swim

Thanks for the help guys! I guess it should have been obvious everyone rushes to the shore, heh. We will take our time and scout inland. Thanks again :)

Once you realize merchant shipping is only one aspect of Wurms many playstyles you are better off in your land search....

Simple geometry, the perimeter of a circle is proportional to its radius, the area of of a circle is proportional to squared radius. It literally is a geometric increase in available land....

Recognizing the desire for water, many maps have inland lakes so it will not be long before some merchant shipper gets tired of his horse cart and starts digging in a canal.

Edited by yarnevk

Land can also be extended if there isnt enough shoreline. I found a nice spot on cele and moved about 14k dirt making NEW shoreline.

• Like 1

I've sailed along the southwest and there is actually a lot of coastal land available - the catch, of course, is that most of it is up on high rocky cliffs and full of monsters. But if you're willing to put some (a lot?) of work into sculpting a place to live, it might be somewhere to try.

Living in the south-center, I'd have to agree. Those SW cliffs are VERY daunting, but there is also a decent slice of good land at the top of them, if you can get there. You'll want multiple guards though, the monsters are thick. After that? Yeah, lots of space in the inland areas still.