Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Sacrificing For Village Faith

• The value of sacrificing items for village bonuses has received a boost in order to keep the number of items in the database as low as possible. The combat rating effect of village war bonus was increased and works at low levels as well. The creation bonus now may give larger rarity window. All effective bonuses are divided by number of player citizens. Hint: The bonuses go down with 15% per day so it’s usually a waste to sacrifice above 10 faith bonus.
  • For the same reason, butchered items now have a lot higher decay rate.
  • You may now examine (and detect hidden) mine doors below the surface of the water
  • Shield bashing skillgain was increased
  • Crushing weapons now do more damage to shields

View the tumblr article
  • Like 1

The value of sacrificing items for village bonuses has received a boost in order to keep the number of items in the database as low as possible. The combat rating effect of village war bonus was increased and works at low levels as well. The creation bonus now may give larger rarity window. All effective bonuses are divided by number of player citizens. Hint: The bonuses go down with 15% per day so it’s usually a waste to sacrifice above 10 faith bonus.

What does this actually mean?

• Like 1

Shield bashing skillgain was increased

Wow. Best news ive heard this year after chaos.

Crushing weapons now do more damage to shields

Wait why? Shields already take insane amounts of damage and their QL doesnt matter.

You may now examine (and detect hidden) mine doors below the surface of the water

What is that supposed to mean? Below the surface of water?

Edited by atazs

Crushing weapons now do more damage to shields

aahhhh, shields already took insane damage, not sure about this D:

+1 to the rest, great changes.

• Like 2

aahhhh, shields already took insane damage, not sure about this D:

+1 to the rest, great changes.

For years people have been complaining about this issue.!!

What the heck Rolf.... Reduce the damage!

• Like 1

• The value of sacrificing items for village bonuses has received a boost in order to keep the number of items in the database as low as possible. The combat rating effect of village war bonus was increased and works at low levels as well. The creation bonus now may give larger rarity window. All effective bonuses are divided by number of player citizens. Hint: The bonuses go down with 15% per day so it’s usually a waste to sacrifice above 10 faith bonus.
  • For the same reason, butchered items now have a lot higher decay rate.

Oh crap.. I bet this is because I currently have thousands of meat filet on the ground that I haven't had time to cook yet :( I know what to do this evening then...

The mine door thing is good, I've been hit with that "you see a glittering surface" thing sometimes on Chaos, annoying it was, annoying it is no more :)

Village sacc bonus.. sounds interesting. Makes me wonder, is it beneficial to live in a small or a large village?

You mention war bonus, so is this relevant to just Epic, Epic and Chaos or all servers?

Did I read that correctly? The creation bonus of a village has an impact on the chance of making a rare item?

If you want to keep item counts low, make more of them fit into bulks. (yes including rares, by the way how can rares, which are well... rare, cause issues with item counts?)

• Like 2

Also tracking less info per item could decrease data storage. I mean dirt is dirt right ? make QL start at the product level, instead of material level.

inb4 someone links me info on different types of dirt

Dirt is not dirt when combining with a charcoal pile, ditto sand for mortar. There are some items whose quality never matters but dirt isn't one of them. Obviously you could make dirt not effect pile QL then yeah, dirt is dirt and QL doesn't matter. Wouldn't bother me any if it was done, I guess some folks might complain they couldn't track digging skill via dirt QL but meh.

I'm a bit confused by the statement:

Hint: The bonuses go down with 15% per day so it’s usually a waste to sacrifice above 10 faith bonus.

Guess I'll just test and see.

I also don't really get deciding med mauls need love in PvP so you increase the damage they do to shields. All that does is annoy the guy that killed you because you're using a still gimpy med maul (assuming they do in fact blow) and he's using a small maul or longsword. I don't use a med maul and not planning on it so don't really care, it just doesn't make much sense as a 'fix'.

Edited by belthize
  • Like 1

I don't want to flood the thread but I was thinking the mortar and pile and even the coal later would all still be pre-product and not need a QL, assuming various changes.

Edited by Elen

I don't want to flood the thread but I was thinking the mortar and pile and even the coal later would all still be pre-product and not need a QL, assuming various changes.

Coal ql is important to steel making chances, mortar influences the wall ql...

Ql maters in just about anything (only exceptions i can think about atm is dirt/sand for flatraising and paving materials - for roads, not floors).

Another step towards reducing database item counts ---> spouts and butchered goods in bulk bins.

Yet another, If it was easier for me to destroy the garbage butchered goods, I would.

• Like 2

Coal ql is important to steel making chances, mortar influences the wall ql...

Ql maters in just about anything (only exceptions i can think about atm is dirt/sand for flatraising and paving materials - for roads, not floors).

And the steel wouldn't need a QL either lol. Whatever you make from it would get a QL based on skill and relevant body stats and same with the wall. Anyways nm.

^agree with joe here I think sprouts and butchered items, maybe even fur and pelts should be possible to store in a less decaying and maybe better database storing way^^

• Like 4

Flowers can be bsb'ed so why not sprouts?

And for meat when after butchering and not cooked, it would go into a fsb be turned into 'uncooked meat' generalized item

I don't see why you couldn't have a natural substance bsb or an animal parts bsb type item either. as long as it averages out QL it wont be much different than a normal bsb fsb or just allow those items into bsb fsb

• Like 1

he bonuses go down with 15% per day so it’s usually a waste to sacrifice above 10 faith bonus.

Is that a Wurm day or a RL day?

I don't get the grammar of "go down with 15% per day"

Does that mean if my bonus is 0.09% today it's 0 tomorrow or 15% less?

In case anyone else didnt go to the blog like I didnt go to the blog because silly me went to the official forum instead. You will notice the wording different.

Blog

Hint: The bonuses go down with 15% per day so it’s usually a waste to sacrifice if you manage to max the bonuses out.

Official Forum

Hint: The bonuses go down with 15% per day so it’s usually a waste to sacrifice above 10 faith bonus.

Also could it be possible to have this changed?

All effective bonuses are divided by number of player citizens.

Maybe make it so its only divided by active players Ie... Ones that have logged on in the last 30 days. I certainly understand having it being divided by all villagers to keep large villages from easily keeping the bonus up. But big problem is we all have villagers that log on rarely and are friends or relatives that we dont kick out of our village for being inactive. These guys dont help toward the bonus since they are inactive but at the same time dont get the reward and this just leaves active players working x amount harder for the bonus.

Inactive player data is already being saved for increased decay rate and toon deletion. So its just a matter of adding the check to the bonuses.

• Like 1

and maybe more items should fit in altar? for example pelts... (some people will sacrifice them instead of leaving them on roads)

So since shields have a UNGODLY block rate vs mauls, mauls will now destroy shields faster to get to the person.

Makes sense to me +1

Maybe add storage for things mentioned as well as filets and fish? Do something about carts and boats? Add bashing them?

The way you can't store raw (or even cooked?) filets and fish is another biggie yes...High decay rate sure, but I think it'd make everyone happy if they could just be combined in storage

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this