Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

"ghost Player" In Local

No idea if this a client or server bug:

As of today, players in the southeast of Deli find the name "Stormcrow" in their local player list. The name never disappears, regardless of where you go. Trying to PM that player yields the message "Stormcrow can't hear you".

Logging off does not solve this. When logging in, the name reappears after a few seconds.

Edited by Yaga

They have found us ABORT ABORT CODE PUDDING ABORT!

on a serious note, maybe the guy was logging off and was hit by a mob so his toon stayed on to battle

Edited by shadowblasta

They have found us ABORT ABORT CODE PUDDING ABORT!

on a serious note, maybe the guy was logging off and was hit by a mob so his toon stayed on to battle

all day long? not likely... I like that Gandalf theory better :D

been allday? he could have good gear and be fending off waves of lions with a LT sword

or he keeps losing connection, and you caught him at a disconnect

Don't think so. As I explained, once you have him in local he follows you wherever you go. He is your personal ghost, you can't get rid of him, even if you leave the southeast peninsula altogether. So, he can't be stationary or fighting somewhere. (Probably some kind of bug.)

I have seen this on multiple occasions. A person who leaves my local to go back to their deed still shows up on my local list. This is even after I verify their location with them. As well, the name will stay there if they log off.

The list *does* refresh - everything else behaves normally. People come and go, appear and disappear as I move. It's just this one player that remains. Strange, eh? :)

Well, nevermind - I'm sure this will disappear after the next server restart.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ghost local players, it has returned!!!!!!!!! It is usually caused by leaving mines (not sure if it's yourself of said person) for some reason. Might be different this time around.