Sign in to follow this  
Xemos

How Do You Do The Long Boring Necessary Tasks?

As the title says, How is it you do the mind numbing tasks needed to build/maintain your village/business?

cuttingstone.png

This is how I cut stone :D

Chat to whoever in game, text friends, listen to music, watch TV, eat food, line up 3 actions in a row then bang out some press-ups/sit-ups, repeat.

lol

i chat in GL and freedom, watch big bang theory, listen to music, look at the timer, and say random conversation starters when im bored

(prenote: old screenshoots below)

In one out of 2 ways:

1) do something else while wurming.... aka movie/serie/chat

2) get very busy by using alts to keep your attention focused on the game

iow:

Channeling.png

Multiclient.png

ps.

wurm assistant is amazing for mindnumbing grinding. (and you really should try it if you havnt)

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

Dual monitors saves lives.

This ^

Otherwise multiclienting does wonders :P There's also of course dashing around as a GM to keep me occupied (many an hour of SB has been wasted on my main as I get stuck in to a /support call >.< ), and if there's no case to follow up on, there's always terrorizing unsuspecting players. Gnomes were great for this when they sang... /me gets lost in nostalgia

I'm usually on skype with the other villagers, checking 9gag for new posts and hanging around on facebook. My iPad comes in handy while playing Wurm :D

Agree, I got two monitors, usually watching a let's play video of a retrogame (icewind dale atm :) ) and wurm on my main screen. Even got a laptop now so I can keep playing while away (like next week when I have to be at uni for an entire week). Looking forward to when I can queue more than three tasks (always go: "crap my ava is idle, damn prob lost 30 seconds of work time")

Umm, I play fullscreen, and listen to Pandora, occasionally alt tab and futz around in the forums for a bit, but 95% of the time when I'm in Wurm, I'm 100% in Wurm.

This is one reason why I have lots and lots of middle-range skills and few high end skills, because I rarely stick with any one thing for a long time. I did get 70 fighting and 50 chainsmithing today though :)

Tomorrow is wall repair and additional wall building day.

• Like 1

Streaming movies. :) Queue 5 bricks, lean back, sip martini.

Edited by Elen

What do you guys do with your alts?

Waiting for the day they can sit on chairs so I can have tea parties :D
  • Like 1

^

I normally have main / priest on doing their thing, on one monitor, and the 2nd has netflix / chrome / twitter / IM / etc running on it.

I watch my action bar and skill tab. Its like a wonderfull mystery with each action, What will I get this time. Any form of distraction is for the weak!!!!

• Like 1

facebook-logo-2.jpg

this is my way :D

Edited by Sklo:D

When I grind, I do not watch or play anything else than Wurm. It's silly to play two games at the same time.

I do listen to music however, that helps a bit when you are grinding for many hours in a row.

I once, when started Wurm, did mortar 8-12 hours a day without music or other things. The mortar making was so fun itself. :P

I listen to books on tape, right now its 'Game of Thrones' book 3 :ph34r:

Dragonmob, this is scary, "The mortar making was so fun" :o

:huh: what's on that website that interests you?

My friends ^^

But I guess the difference of our age will make it for the most people impossible to understand how facebook can be fun. :)

Edited by Sklo:D