Sign in to follow this  
Maozorz

If You Had The Chance To Actually Be Your Character For A Day, Would You?

If you had the option and it was 100% guaranteed, no catch whatsoever and you knew this.

You would sacrifice 24 hours IRL and actually BE your character for 24 hours. In the same place in game, with the same skills, etc. You felt the hunger, the thirst, the pain, everything.

As for the interface and things like that, they all made sense. You could sort of internally use your interface to do game-related things but you still felt a sense of realism in that you heard your neighbours talking, you telepathically communicated with your kingdom and you could hear it as if it were speech, etc.

You would feel your stamina draining as you used your energy and you knew how much of it you had left, as well as with your health etc.

Obviously you might be very wary, getting torn apart by a wolf (for example) would be a nasty feeling, regardless of the fact that you knew you were going to respawn.

Everyone else in the game (your neighbours, friends etc) act like themselves as characters, not players (so someone would happily come and cut you up with no remorse if you were playing PvP for example).

Would you have the bravery, and would you do it?

Not sure, would I have to actually smell offensive emotes?

Otherwise, I'd like to use my mirror first, and I'd like to bring coffee, a toothbrush and maybe a couple other things from real life... but then yes, absolutely, I'm all for it.

yes and yes i would ride my horse and hunt all day

You're hardcore yo.

Not sure, would I have to actually smell offensive emotes?

Otherwise, I'd like to use my mirror first, and I'd like to bring coffee, a toothbrush and maybe a couple other things from real life... but then yes, absolutely, I'm all for it.

You would have to smell/feel/taste all that is done to or near you, and you wouldn't be able to bring anything. :D

I'd do it, and i would definitely go pvp during that time as i wouldn't be getting distracted by thinking about every minuscule thing happening irl like light levels and outside sounds, textures and other thins that can keep me from focusing on what is going on in-game.

I would do it just to learn how I can carry a glowing lump of metal in my pocket and how I can smash a log into a chair to make it better!!

Edited by Airwalkre
  • Like 4

Nope. I think it would probably be some of the worst 24 hours ever spent on a game. I can think of other games that it would be more fun to actually live in for a period of time.. Wurm is just too mundane for that. Don't get me wrong, I have fun playing the game but it would suck to be in the game doing everything.

not hardcore i just hunt alot while in wurm O.o would like to actually fight a spider with my chain armour

• Like 1

Oh, dear god, I'd have fun.

I'd get to smell the air and breathe it, instead of just staring everywhere I went lovingly at the beautiful, pretty graphics. :P

And I'm sure as Auri's eyes would be mine, things wouldn't be even remotely blocky or aliased :P

Probably would end up cutting some wood and watching the sunset and all that; maybe going for a ride on Heartwild and giving my axe a try, as they're two things I may never be able to do in real life, haha.

• Like 1

In a world filled with huge spiders, scorpions, lava fiends and trolls? No thank you :P

Hey no. get bashed upon by countless animals, starve myself until i loose my "fatlayers" fall off cliffs, wear glowing hot armor.....the list goes on.

God knows what other horrible things i do on a daily basis.

• Like 1

Lets see, I wake up, meditate, eat some food. Go chill with my horses. Eat some more food. Chat with neihbors and passersby. Rake my farm. Yeah I could do that.

• Like 2

Why would you ask this? Why have anything to do with the game?

If you want to experience something like this just take up Wilderness Survival.

Wurm addicts...

Why would you ask this? Why have anything to do with the game?

If you want to experience something like this just take up Wilderness Survival.

Wurm addicts...

The difference is this way we get all the characters skills too ^_^

I'd just like to be able to ride a horse around without, y'know, paying someone to teach me how to ride a horse.

Hmm. So we would be 8 days ingame if you use Wurm time. And as we are in Wurm it would feel like 8 days.

I think it could be interesting experience, I'm pretty sure this is possible in future with some special games.

I think I don't know if I would like it...since I would have alot of muscles as a woman :P and all that insane digging and surface mining I do in real?:o maybe.....

atleast if the game was real i could actually HEAR spiders and stuff approaching and I could sneak...-.-

In a world filled with huge spiders, scorpions, lava fiends and trolls? No thank you :P

dude you would have weapons come on spiders have a soft underbelly just gut them and keep going, scorpions, eh might be a bit of a problem fiend and trolls, pish posh hit the limps then go for vitals

I'd take all my vesselled gems and go wild with Fire Pillar :D

I would do it for ever and ever. The medieval world, although difficult, was nothing as fast paced as what the modern world is today. Wurm is in some ways a way of escaping that, would be epic if Wurm was RL :D

Wurm: Get up in the morning when the sun rises, make some food, don't worry about it being healthy because it doesn't really matter unless you're planning on gaining some skill, maybe go out for a quick stroll or sail, tend to the animals and do a few fun things.

RL: Get up at 6am. 1 hr to eat and get ready. Catch a train full of people. Work in a place full of people. Home for 5pm. Sleep at 11pm. Do this for the rest of your life.

See where I'm coming from? The occasional huge spider and whacking iron with hammers beats sitting in front of a computer all day then sitting in front of a computer all evening to escape sitting in front of a computer all day. :lol:

• Like 3

The first 24hrs? Hrm probably be catatonic from emotional and psychological shock. Hard to say Id survive that period whether from myself or other sources. Afterwards... who knows.

Hell no. I play games like this to escape reality for a little while. Why would I want it to become my reality?

As a person that has worked with a shovel and a rack some times in my life (gardening ans stuff) Hell No!

While i love to play a hunter in game, the only way i will face a small car size spider is from 150 mts. with a .375 H&H Magnum, same for a troll or a Crocodile, for a Scorpion i think a .500 Nitro Express will be more suited for the job.

In the other hand i really enjoy the carpentry jobs.

It would depend on which of my characters.

Fo priest - maybe, grooming animals, casting charm, wandering around fighting, loads of fun.

Vynora priest - No. Grinding channeling is painful enough in game with RL to keep me distracted. I don't want to do that in game as RL.

Magnaron priest - No. Being stuck in the mines constantly, hammering away.. casting the odd spell here and there..

Stargrace - No. Does all the manual labor chores and RL keeps me from going insane in those instances. Take that away and yeah, no.

I love my real life, I wouldn't trade it for anything.