Sign in to follow this  
Kortanna

Something Wrong With Wurm?

last hour ive been disconnected constantly. As though my internet is not working, yet web pages are pulling up just fine, a few of my friends are having the same issue. Is it just us?

i was disconnected actually also, on both of my accounts. (Indy here)

Edited by Anson

no , its affecting me and everyone i know too, got worse over the last hour with 4 disco's..

thinking the new bandwith drain from new people is too much for wurm?

Lag caused me to infiloop fall to death from a cart

thinking the new bandwith drain from new people is too much for wurm?

Lag caused me to infiloop fall to death from a cart

No I dont think its too much people.

At the moment we have this:

Total players

532/6600

Which is quite low (time-related). The servers do usually run fine even with this amount x4

No I dont think its too much people.

At the moment we have this:

Total players

532/6600

Which is quite low (time-related). The servers do usually run fine even with this amount x4

uhm.....6600? actually I have never seen such a high number lolz, it was always around 1600 in peak times O.o

The 6600 is the max allowed.. the 532 is actual online number xD

Whatever the reason is, i had not only disconnects but my client crashed 2 times also..and usually he doesnt. but in the last weeks this problem occured occasionally but today its stronger anyhow

been happening awhile now and seems to be getting worse each time. Hope the devs fix it asap.

Probably not WURM at all. Probably something to do with the connection between servers and the net. It's sad how you all blame Rolf right away when it could be a dozen different other reasons.

Edited by Sarcaticous

uhm.....6600? actually I have never seen such a high number lolz, it was always around 1600 in peak times O.o

For having so many posts,and for as long as you have been around. I would have figured you would be smart enough to figure out that 532/6600 = 532 players online and a total of 6600 slots available across all servers.

Probably not WURM at all. Probably something to do with the connection between servers and the net. It's sad how you all blame Rolf right away when it could be a dozen different other reasons.

It's been like this ever since 1.0, it's just more noticable now that more people have joined the game. There's a pretty slim chance that the network gateways and routes started acting up at the ecaxt same time as Rolf implemented 1.0. :P

Agreed, pretty sure this happened to me(US) last night on Elevation and it did not effect the other folks who I checked with who I think were EU. The fact that it's not universal but does effect a significant fraction of the player base strongly suggests a network issue on some leg downstream from the servers. In addition the client reported a network problem.

@Aeris, I have been on every day for months prior to and every day after 1.0, this particular error I saw was unique last night. It's not the same as the not responding client issue or straight up crashes post 1.0 that do appear to be fixed.

Edited by belthize

It sounds like the same issue on a larger scale, though I could be wrong. Whatever it is is likely to be server-side though since it's experienced by people all around the globe and there's no possible way that they're all using the same path to reach the servers.

Should get this moved to the maintenance area. I also believe it's being looked into although this type of random, sudden and frequent disconnect affecting only a few people is usually a network not server problem :)

Rolf is the most highlighted person, so he probably got used to being blamed for everything from server bugs to keyboards not working due to unplugged cord ;) Not that he didn't blew it a few times :P

Edited by Hula_Girl

Well FWIW my observations are the following.

On the Serenity server it appears to be worse the closer you get to Strongbox. It is also noticeably worse when more than about 8 people are in local. It very often/usually happens when trying to get onto a horse or cart, but also simply trying to walk some distance sometimes . It's been getting worse everyday. Sometimes it stresses my laptop so much Windows itself crashes (at least 6 times today). FPS is often dropping to 0 or hanging in the 7-12 range.

And yes - my animations are off...sound is off...everything else is turned down low....but today it's been a disconnect every 10 minutes or so...maybe I made about 20 minutes once.

And this is all on a laptop that played absolutely fine for months previously.

It makes a mockery of PvP or even hunting. Who wants to look for fights when you can't even farm a field area without crashing 3 times?

Several people have crashed...and come back dead.

It's actually getting pretty old so I really hope someone works out what the problem is sooner rather than later - and I'm sure they are trying.

Maybe you all could do a routing-check? I know someone, who had a really bad Ping in another game. Came out that his internet-provider used a suckedup route to the gameserver.

I am having no issues with disconnects, and a lot of my friends/neighbors either. But i notice some in my fl having disconnects every 5-10 minutes.

Must not be a problem with Wurm. Is your Java up to date? And someone told me he accidently installed the 32-bit-version and got that issue, changed it, when he found that out, and now all is fine.

Tbh it is most likely to be the Wurm servers. On Independence the disconnects of people appear to happen when there are around 400 logged in, and there is never just one person logging off at a time. If I'm one of the people staying on the server when it starts I always see 2-3 others in my friends list or local disconnecting at the same time. They're not from the same part of the world can be added.