Sign in to follow this  
Bachus

Hitching Post

On 1/16/2013 at 8:37 PM, Protunia said:

-1 didnt like em the last 10 times they have been suggested.

And your reasoning is? I really can't see it, as it isn't going to ruin the way you play or even effect it in the slightest. Maybe a reason as to your not liking it would be nice? As it isn't very obvious.

• Like 1

Wanna give my +1 to this idea. I also have and idea for the mechanics of it. A rope should be required to hitch the horse. This would come out of your inventory while the horse is hitched to the post and come back into your inventory when the horse is unhitched, the same way an anchor works on a boat. Anybody could unhitch the horse and take it, unless you also attach a padlock to it. Then only people with a key to the lock could unhitch the horse.

-Uian

+1 this is old idea.... nothing new will be nice if u hinch on tree too :D mybe on oak :D

+1 , would definitely like to see this ingame!

Edited by Guiding

+1 this is old idea.... nothing new will be nice if u hinch on tree too :D mybe on oak :D

2 rope needed to tie to an Oak lol, they are pretty big trees :D

Another +1, as it provides a mechanism for securing your horse if you have to log while traveling.

A big +1 from me too!

Would also be nice if there was a kind of feed trough attached to the hitching post which can be filled with mixed grass or food so the horses can still feed even if the hitching post is not on a grass tile.

• Like 1

+1 ... but in fairness useless if your horse will become "unhitched" after a server restart.

Same idea came to me the other day. Starting a new deed and had no where to put my horses where they wouldn't be able to wander off. Had to lead at all times and it can get annoying.

+1 great idea

A big +1 from me too!

Would also be nice if there was a kind of feed trough attached to the hitching post which can be filled with mixed grass or food so the horses can still feed even if the hitching post is not on a grass tile.

Gonna start one for the 'feed bag' soon. ;)

Item you can put a dozen or so grain in and attach to the horse to keep it fed for a day or two while you are logged off.

Should let us use a shaft in the ground that can old a horse for up to a few hours (like a full Wurm day) and after that the horse can break free.  Be a better way of rounding up horses at rifts and events instead of decaying fences around.  Carrying a 3.50 weight tent for hitching post is heavy.