Sign in to follow this  
Jondok

Buoy

Is there any possibilities to add buoys making ? It would need wood or iron, a little anchor, and a chain or a rope. It could be enhanced with a light.

Uses : can indicate shallow waters, fishing zone, territory or preferably could be used to set a deep water safe way for big ships in interior lakes.

• Like 2

here's a relevant thread :)

/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/68824-buoys-for-fishing-spots/page__hl__buoy

Or we can just start a new one since the other one is from months ago :/

Also read your post on the one, did ya notice that it was dead and no discussion? lol

My point is that if u bump an old thread then most of the arguements have usually already been made, saving everyone effort. Though I did mean to link a different thread which I replied to before...

Anyway I definitely support buoys as a craftable item exactly how you describe it :) Also I really hope it would be as you said "It could be enhanced with a light" so by default doesn't require a light - with and without light should both be possible (maybe just having lantern as component, but you can snuff it would be fine).

It would need fixing in place ofc to stop people running off with them. I wanna say like "plant" rather than "moor" since u couldnt exactly ride around on it...

+1 :)

The risk of buoy spam have to be taken into account. I didn't see that (because I definitely don't play this kind of "fun").

Yes time to remind them of desired features now that 1.0 seems to be working mostly as intended.

+1

I don't really want to see this implemented because I don't wish to see the water cluttered up with buoys everywhere marking shallow water, fishing spots, ect.

I don't really want to see this implemented because I don't wish to see the water cluttered up with buoys everywhere marking shallow water, fishing spots, ect.

Just limit it like signs, you don't see signs spammed everywhere you go. Plus, Wurm is heavily based on community, if people in an area see someone spamming bouys, they will tell them to stop, and destroy

They be handy to mark way to cave canals.

Can be dam hard to see Kinoss bay one at times.

And yes there is sign spam, look at road on the way to FM on Inde.

Every area worth placing buoys likely has someone who cares a lot about the aesthetics. Either make buoys really hard to construct (and limit spam) or allow them to be destroyed in some manner. Some idiot will likely cause trouble at some point but, in the whole cost/benefit analysis thing, having buoys would be nicer than not.

barrel + rope + anchor + flag

Bam! She is done!