Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Probable Upcoming Changes To Chaos

So, mess with a server that won't ever bring in newer players because of the insane skill gap between people, put in some Epic PMK features, and hope for the best?

Ezalor, the server IS attracting new players. Most coming through the tutorial will more than likely choose due to faster skill gain but not everyone wants faster skill gain but still want to pvp. Thats where chaos comes in.

• Like 1

You are just afraid people will leave epic. There is still people on Chaos who can have fun, enough people. There is also skilled people from freedom who might give it a shot someday.

• Like 2

So, mess with a server that won't ever bring in newer players because of the insane skill gap between people, put in some Epic PMK features, and hope for the best?

All i read was QQ. Chaos has been attracting new players for ages, and with the installation of PMK's, it will draw in A LOT of new and old players. Epic and Chaos are two completely seperate games, and im pretty sure not many will come over to Chaos as a result of Chaos being made better.

Edited by Redd

You are just afraid people will leave epic. There is still people on Chaos who can have fun, enough people. There is also skilled people from freedom who might give it a shot someday.

No, quite the contrary, I think people will try Chaos, become frustrated at the gap - putting effort into a server where they CANT compete and then quit Chaos.

They grind their skills up on the Freedom cluster and won't want to leave it... They won't want to start all over again just to fight some people where they can compete (On Epic).

I understand Chaos is home for some people, I just don't think adding Epic features will do anything but satisfy the people whose lived there for the past... what 5 years?

it's an awesome idea about the amulets, but wasn't the reason they were added was to escape the enemy? (personally i like your idea btw, gary)

Well the problem, from what I've seen, is that the main PvPers on Wild/Chaos would all have farwalker amulets, and thus engagements would result in any people without FW's being killed (because people would know who would have the amulets) and thus certain people would never die. Combine the power of farwalker amulets with the already existing tactics for avoiding PvP, and the gameplay gets quite distorted, I imagine.

Red, remember I have a few accounts over there myself, I want whats best for the server but I honestly don't know what people can do. I left because of the staleness of the PVP and how the game was turning into whoever had more money wins.

Adding PMKs, what will that do? make big deeds like HoM, Kyara, Nuclear Missle Silo, Pizza, Our Wall... happen again but cheaper? Give the people with gold a way to give themselves titles - to grind their account to new heights? Yeah thats fair.

No matter what you do, the dragon armors, farwalkers, the insane skillgap - will always leave people wondering how they can actually beat the players whose been around for years.

I understand Chaos is home for some people, I just don't think adding Epic features will do anything

Those ''epic features'' used to be what wild had.

We just want Wild back to what it used to be, can't get any worse.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 2

Rolf ... what can i say ..... I JUST LOVE U <3

Now how do we make wurms true godess to come back ??

The time have come to invite the old school BL to come home to Libilas peninsula. =)

No, Wild never had PMKs, they were advertised for the release of Epic and was one of the major features. The three starter kingdoms were apart of Wild yeah, but I don't see how adding them would change anything. If anything fix alliances on Wild so people can just declare war on anyone from a dropdown menu.

Rolf didn't mention pmk's, he said custom kingdoms. Which I assume is MR and JK. We wan't kingdoms, not alliances. That's what we are whining about, we are all under the same kingdom atm a.k.a freedom.

• Like 1

This 1000x over.

I never wanted missions or the faster skillgain, I just want a reason and the ability to make PvP happen again. This will allow that to happen.

• Like 1

I think that if kingdoms were brought back then there should be a HoTS on Chaos. Bring back the evil!!!

This would result in a spectacular cold war of intrigue and machinations that spread Chaos politics to all the other Freedom servers, and it would be ultimately, indescribably cool. Unaligned villages throughout Freedom would get involved as wartime arms dealers and smugglers. Fascinating possibilities.

It'd be really great if there were a bunch of shadow-worshippers masquerading throughout the rest of Freedom as Mag or Vyn or Fo followers, and there was really no way to be certain until you went to Chaos and saw them use the forbidden magics. There are already old RT weapons and other artifacts of BL influence floating around on Freedom, I can't see how it would break the game for the black light to return to Chaos. Choosing BL would probably mean that you couldn't get the benefit of your faith on other Freedom servers, though. Your alignment would just decay (improve) until you went back to Chaos, stole away from your village, and stretched your toes in the mycelium.

• Like 4

This would result in a spectacular cold war of intrigue and machinations that spread Chaos politics to all the other Freedom servers, and it would be ultimately, indescribably cool. Unaligned villages throughout Freedom would get involved as wartime arms dealers and smugglers. Fascinating possibilities.

It'd be really great if there were a bunch of shadow-worshippers masquerading throughout the rest of Freedom as Mag or Vyn or Fo followers, and there was really no way to be certain until you went to Chaos and saw them use the forbidden magics. There are already old RT weapons and other artifacts of BL influence floating around on Freedom, I can't see how it would break the game for the black light to return to Chaos. Choosing BL would probably mean that you couldn't get the benefit of your faith on other Freedom servers, though. Your alignment would just decay (improve) until you went back to Chaos, stole away from your village, and stretched your toes in the mycelium.

I think that there should be some kind of hit for Libila followers on other freedom servers if they were implemented, but let them travel to them. Maybe make it so that guards sometimes aggro you (but no player attacking:) "I'll stop you, scoundrel of Libila!" Make it impossible to worship on Freedom. Or make is possible to worship on Freedom servers but only discreetly - and modify the reputation system so that as you worship on Freedom servers you gain negative reputation, ie you're "more well known" as a follower of the dark queen and guards have a higher probability to attack you. Stuff like carrying out converts would seriously affect your reputation. Basically make it very difficult to be a Libila follower/priest outside of Chaos: but hey, that's what Evil is all about, the bad guys should never have the upper hand! Though I don't see why they couldn't all hide away in a secret deed in the southernmost regions of Exodus for example... hehe... "You sense evil is at the heart of this area."

I cannot stress enough how cool it would be for Libila to rise once more... :D

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 1

The first thing to prepare for is that we may make it so you can pass walls and fences with much damage (like 50+). The reason for this is that maybe raiders will save some walls and fences instead of totally destroying them so that you don't have to rebuild from scratch. Hopefully it may remove some feeling of grief to raided deeds. Damage to walls and repair time will be adjusted a bit at the same time.

I think that idea actually has merit with some changes, how about for example this:

On chaos (so not on freedom servers) damage done against walls by attacks/catapults is reduced by 50%, same for repairing. If a wall reaches 50+ damage then it can be passed as if it's gone (should have proper model support added in to make this obvious from a distance). Once the wall has more than 50 damage it cannot be repaired while enemies are in local and only members from the deed can further damage it.

This means the walls cannot ever be destroyed during a raid, but they can still be neutralized just fine. If any of the borders that the wall is on are very steep (read, dirt wall) then the wall will instead be destroyed once reaching 50+ damage (to make sure dirt walls can be neutralized). So it wouldn't make it harder to take down dirt walls, it might even turn them into less of a no brainer since if you don't use them then your walls can't be destroyed, so that's less damage to repair once the raid is over.

Wouldn't that be a reasonable change? Raiding would still work just as now, it would take just as long to take a wall down, but the griefing/destruction aspect is decreased.

I think that idea actually has merit with some changes, how about for example this:

On chaos (so not on freedom servers) damage done against walls by attacks/catapults is reduced by 50%, same for repairing. If a wall reaches 50+ damage then it can be passed as if it's gone (should have proper model support added in to make this obvious from a distance). Once the wall has more than 50 damage it cannot be repaired while enemies are in local and only members from the deed can further damage it.

This means the walls cannot ever be destroyed during a raid, but they can still be neutralized just fine. If any of the borders that the wall is on are very steep (read, dirt wall) then the wall will instead be destroyed once reaching 50+ damage (to make sure dirt walls can be neutralized). So it wouldn't make it harder to take down dirt walls, it might even turn them into less of a no brainer since if you don't use them then your walls can't be destroyed, so that's less damage to repair once the raid is over.

Wouldn't that be a reasonable change? Raiding would still work just as now, it would take just as long to take a wall down, but the griefing/destruction aspect is decreased.

No not really. I'd like the ability to actually you know, fend off a raid force, which involves repairing/rebuilding what they break.

• Like 2

Also Rolf will you try to add or test out the idea of conquer guard towers.? I know a few people would love to see that back.

Also Rolf will you try to add or test out the idea of conquer guard towers.? I know a few people would love to see that back.

Never was a way to conquer towers, always been destroy and occasionally rebuild.

:-\

This sounds like it could seriously hamper the ability of the 4 serves on of epic to attract freedom residents. Thus endangering our prospects for future growth and even further dividing our population at a time when Epics prospects where just ramping up.

The people of Epic keep me from playing Epic, attempting to funnel all of the pvp action to one cluster will not change the rate people enter Epic, people will try a server, decide to stay or not, limiting options will not always force what you want, it could make people leave the game entirely.

No, quite the contrary, I think people will try Chaos, become frustrated at the gap - putting effort into a server where they CANT compete and then quit Chaos.

They grind their skills up on the Freedom cluster and won't want to leave it... They won't want to start all over again just to fight some people where they can compete (On Epic).

I understand Chaos is home for some people, I just don't think adding Epic features will do anything but satisfy the people whose lived there for the past... what 5 years?

So you realy think only players who have been around for 5years want these changes? you couldn't be more wrong...

I've been playing 2 years and have always supported full pvp, I even stopped playing a few months when wild got nerfed to chaos.

Lately I made alot of new friends on chaos, old players and almost noobs from freedom who want to try pvp. They all are rooting for full pvp even though they are well aware of the risks attached.

There might be a big gap between old and new players in the freedom cluster, but that doesn't mean you cant have fun.

(besides like others mentioned, there is also a big gap on epic already)

I won't become the best character on the server and I don't care. I have fun playing with vets and against them.

Just let the people who prefer freedom playstyle over epic playstile have a real pvp server.

• Like 3

So you realy think only players who have been around for 5years want these changes? you couldn't be more wrong...

I've been playing 2 years and have always supported full pvp, I even stopped playing a few months when wild got nerfed to chaos.

Lately I made alot of new friends on chaos, old players and almost noobs from freedom who want to try pvp. They all are rooting for full pvp even though they are well aware of the risks attached.

There might be a big gap between old and new players in the freedom cluster, but that doesn't mean you cant have fun.

(besides like others mentioned, there is also a big gap on epic already)

I won't become the best character on the server and I don't care. I have fun playing with vets and against them.

Just let the people who prefer freedom playstyle over epic playstile have a real pvp server.

McDaniel, I completely agree I dont want to take away anyone's PvP server, Rolf already did that. I realize others want PvP too, not just the few older players I still talk to.

When push comes to shove, its the same old Wild, big deeds with massive amounts of guards. Once players realize this it will fall into the same trap Wild did, and its a shame because thats not what Wurm PvP should be about. Its not fun fighting people with farwalkers combined with scale or drake period, that ruined that map and anyone who disagrees has one of the above and its saved their bum more than once.

I'll still never forget people using Ammys with scale to charge through a whole line of defenders, (around 8-10) to come attack me in the back all the way down to 30%, then using another charge to retreat behind their gatehouses completely safe.

If you want to bring back Wild, to what Wild was back when LO and Kyara were going at it, remove those damn farwalkers, half the ones out there now are from people trading their gift to an alt and getting another ammy, repeating the process until they had a massive amount.

I wouldn't have a problem with farwalkers being removed, I never used one before anyway. :P