Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Probable Upcoming Changes To Chaos

Finally some good news

Edited by atazs

Very good indeed. A freedom kingdom + pmk's is what I vote for, it will keep pm checks away. But whatever Rolf do I support it.

thanks rolf ,this is great news ,please can we have some sort of warning as many will need to sell deeds and make arrangements for this long awaited change

credit where it due rolf .this is awesome news thank you so much and i think i speak for many when saying that

pity you live so far away cos this deserves a few beers

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 2

Ok so after the unloading of all the items put it back like it was......somewhat.

This is why many never went there and will never go there...too much changing of the rules.

Should have never connected it in the first place.

Waiting to see the 100-200+ population explosion now.. ;)

Edited by Protunia

:-\

This sounds like it could seriously hamper the ability of the 4 serves on of epic to attract freedom residents. Thus endangering our prospects for future growth and even further dividing our population at a time when Epics prospects where just ramping up.

The first thing to prepare for is that we may make it so you can pass walls and fences with much damage (like 50+). The reason for this is that maybe raiders will save some walls and fences instead of totally destroying them so that you don't have to rebuild from scratch. Hopefully it may remove some feeling of grief to raided deeds. Damage to walls and repair time will be adjusted a bit at the same time.

Ok removed the first change part for now.

:( I still really like this idea. I don't think it would have as much of an effect on raiding as people think. Catapult wall down to 50 or whatever dmg required, send in people to kill any repairers, then completely destroy the wall to leave yourself an exit. If anything it means quicker access to the deed no? With multistory buildings now in game, the time taken to build nice structures has gone up drastically, entire walls (edit: not to mention floors and roof!) should not be able to be completely destroyed with a few flicks of a catapult, nor should all upper floors need to be destroyed to access a house. Rather than dismiss the idea out of hand, Chaos folk, can't we talk about workarounds and special rules for broken walls when enemies are in local like other aspects of the game?

Edited by Duyu

:( I still really like this idea. I don't think it would have as much of an effect on raiding as people think. Catapult wall down to 50 or whatever dmg required, send in people to kill any repairers, then completely destroy the wall to leave yourself an exit. If anything it means quicker access to the deed no? With multistory buildings now in game, the time taken to build nice structures has gone up drastically, entire walls (edit: not to mention floors and roof!) should not be able to be completely destroyed with a few flicks of a catapult, nor should all upper floors need to be destroyed to access a house. Rather than dismiss the idea out of hand, Chaos folk, can't we talk about workarounds and special rules for broken walls when enemies are in local like other aspects of the game?

If damage is capped at 50. a defender can quickly repair the wall in a few seconds, making any siege against defenders pointless. wall down to 50, add a brick to repair. defender has to catapult a gain, rinse and repeat. unfortunately.

it should be at least 60% when the graphic changes if you are going to to this type of thing.

But really I hope these are not for all of freedom any of the changes.

otherwise put chaos back where it was.

Edited by Protunia

Hey rolfie, can get get a free settlement pull-up when this is all ready to help people move over ?

Hey rolfie, can get get a free settlement pull-up when this is all ready to help people move over ?

how about giving free settlement pullups freedom wide if you are going to do that.

Choas already had one of these and people knew what was going on they also had trader refunds as well.

Edited by Protunia

yeah thats what i meant tunia, another of those

Edited by Elen

This isn't really something that is broken, so please leave it alone, it doesn't require changes. If someone wants to grief a deed, they will do it anyway. If someone thinks breaking one wall per house is griefing they need to reconsider living on a pvp server.

Everyone of you CA guys needs to respect Rolf, and his decisions. He has made an amazing game and your 2 cents are worthless.

Would love to see PMK's :wub:

Thank you Rolf for looking into this, I hope what you plan to do will settle the chaos server as it should be.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

BUT I MUST UPVOTE ALL THE HAPPY!!!!

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 6

Everyone of you CA guys needs to respect Rolf, and his decisions. He has made an amazing game and your 2 cents are worthless.

Excuse me, we CA guys? Are we the bad ones here? What makes you think we don't respect him, just because we don't agree? Are we not allowed to come with suggestions or say what we think is best? We are not worthless either. We volunteer to help the community.

To me it sounds like you are afraid to be griefed. I have to agree with MrGary, If someone thinks breaking one wall per house is griefing they need to reconsider living on a pvp server. He has been around for 2 years+ and you have been around for what, a month? I think you have to realise that catapulting have been like this for a long time, deal with it or chose a diffrent server.

In the future keep your opinions to yourself if it uncludes insulting others, you obviosly have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

This is such good news. Thank you so much for really looking into this, please take all the time you need to get it right!

I think that if kingdoms were brought back then there should be a HoTS on Chaos. Bring back the evil!!!

• Like 6

Hots kingdom, yeah maybe. But Rolf said Libila will never be back on chaos, which I think is very very sad, it would bring back a bunch of players.

Edited by Sharkin