On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 9:11 AM, Wilczan said:

They are watching:

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 9:11 AM, Wilczan said:

KYSQuf3.png

… a glitch in the matrix.. I hope you took the right pill.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soluna said:

Lightning strike north pristine

uG6riuZ.jpg

That's not lightning, that's Evening or Sandyar logging on.

• Like 2

Blackbird Kitchen on Indy. Built it for Emoo! A few more small touches and it'll be all done. then back to Deli for to continue working on the Palace at San Fazenda, 

7UCBvnk.png

bgQjQO1.png

Added a top down pic with the finished Kitchen at Blackbird

Edited by Kriet
Added Pic
  • Like 7

Fall on Affliction - finally got water reflections working, only took a new pc.

2UbZ6nu

• Like 5

As some of you might have seen, Retro announced the steam page last night/today and revealed that I had been making some screenshots for that purpose. 

To make my task easier, Retro and Samool helped get me set up with the tools I need to be able to make them, and so over the past couple of weeks I have been traveling around the various servers admiring your guys amazing creations and taking screenshots of the ones that felt especially picturesque.

Retro already revealed some of them in the Steam page, but I thought y'all would be interested in seeing the rest of the final ones I came up with, together with what was the name of the deed and what server it was on. Below, are just a few samples.

There were 41 in total. Here are a few samples, but if you want to check out all the rest, you can do so from this link:

https://www.andrea.net/wurm_shots_fixes/forum/

12_after.jpg

14_after.jpg

29_after.jpg

38_after.jpg

40_after.jpg

41_after.jpg

06_after.jpg

• Like 25

46 minutes ago, Malena said:

As some of you might have seen, Retro announced the steam page last night/today and revealed that I had been making some screenshots for that purpose. 

To make my task easier, Retro and Samool helped get me set up with the tools I need to be able to make them, and so over the past couple of weeks I have been traveling around the various servers admiring your guys amazing creations and taking screenshots of the ones that felt especially picturesque.

Retro already revealed some of them in the Steam page, but I thought y'all would be interested in seeing the rest of the final ones I came up with, together with what was the name of the deed and what server it was on. Below, are just a few samples.

There were 41 in total. Here are a few samples, but if you want to check out all the rest, you can do so from this link:

https://www.andrea.net/wurm_shots_fixes/forum/

That's the best WO screenshots collection I have ever seen. Extraordinary and excellent job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malena said:

WOW! You never fail to impress me! 

• Like 2

love is genius genius is love.
Outstanding Malena, well done.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

sumbuddy, anybuddy.. pick@Malenascreens and add to steam:)

They are already there, no?

• Like 2

There must be more, there was also 1 another xanadian doing quite good job with wurm "building blocks" and decorations…

But yea you got me, I kind of looked at images and skipped the text at first ^^, my bad

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

There must be more, there was also 1 another xanadian doing quite good job with wurm "building blocks" and decorations…

But yea you got me, I kind of looked at images and skipped the text at first ^^, my bad

Aw thanks Finn :) Yes Steam was the original reason for those screenshots, together with making better ones for the loading screens. So you'll be surely seeing some of the shots for loading screens later on. 

And the Wurm guys picked their favorites out of this batch to add to Steam, they will probably be adding more of them later.

Edited by Malena
  • Like 1

Well done, Malena - you have a wonderful photographic talent.

• Like 2

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments. I'm very happy that YOU guys are happy. Let's hope that these screenshots inspire many many people to try out Wurm with the Steam launch ❤️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Malena said:

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments. I'm very happy that YOU guys are happy. Let's hope that these screenshots inspire many many people to try out Wurm with the Steam launch ❤️

I don't think many people can paint wurm as beautiful as you can. I'm sure these screens will bring an extra chunk of people into Wurm :)

• Like 1

So I've gotten some people sending me private messages about those screenshots and the messages seem to have a common theme. Some people are wondering why their deeds were not chosen or else they're asking me to go and take screenshots of their deed.

So before anyone else sends me a message, let me just explain a few things to save everyone's time :). 

People seem to be under the impression that deeds or designers were chosen to be showcased. This is absolutely not the case, and quite frankly it is not the purpose of the screenshots either.

• The purpose is to show what a pretty and diverse game Wurm can be through random pictures of the game regardless of whether or not they have deeds or houses in them.
  • I did not go out seeking "the most beautiful deeds of Wurm". Absolutely not. If I saw an interesting deed during my explorations, sometimes I used it as a prop for the pictures, sometimes I didn't. Whether or not it was "huge and glorious" or "simple and cozy" had little to do with whether it was "picture worthy". As we can see in some of those shots, there are some very basic simple houses in some of them, but they still make a beautiful shot. 
  • I explored the lands completely randomly without any plan and I only stopped if I spotted a pretty scenery (regardless of whether it had a deed in it).
  • I have no idea who owns those deeds, nor do I know who designed them
  • The owners of these deeds probably have no idea that their beautiful places are being even shown in the screenshots, but I guess one of these days they will find out! 😄
  • Let's face it, most folks feel very proud of their accomplishments in Wurm including myself, and I'm sure everyone would love for their deed to be showcased on the Steam page. But to have singled out particular deeds would have been unfair to others. Which is why I didn't include any shots of my own things either and felt that the fairest way to go about this is to just explore randomly and take shots of whatever I stumble upon. I hope people can understand this. ❤️
  • My task for the Wurm team has ended for now. But I might make more screenshots another time and if that does happen, I will be using the same approach. 

Edited by Malena
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Malena said:
  • Let's face it, most folks feel very proud of their accomplishments in Wurm including myself, and I'm sure everyone would love for their deed to be showcased on the Steam page.

Personally, I would actually be absolutlely appaled and feel somewhat violated.

I value my privacy in game, online, and in real life. I pay upkeep to have my own land to go about my business in. I've never chosen to have any of my deeds on the community map for much the same reason. Honestly, I'm already a bit afraid that one day you'll wind up in my area on one of your roulette streams and always breathe a sigh of relief when I see you haven't =]. Having pictures taken of my "home" and shared across the internet to all and sundry gives me the heebie jeebies. Its almost like have a peeping tom in the bushes outside your house. (With the obvious exception that I know you to have only the best of intentions of course.) Luckily you didn't happen to include me nor would any of my areas be particularly photogenic so I'm pretty safe but I can't be the only one who feels like this about their corner of the world.