OMG... ! 

Not again...

1QqIKqN.jpg

Pulls out a folding lawn chair and some hot coco to wait for spring ;)

TeeeBOMB screenies

Edited by TeeeBOMB
  • Like 7

Did something for my deed that I've dreamt of doing ever since first starting the game: making a pylon. It was utter HORROR to work on alone, but in the end I finally finished it. Took weeks and weeks and weeks though and needless to say, I didn't get through it without doing other stuff at the same time hehe. Would have died of boredom otherwise. But now seeing it standing proudly and magnificently, it does make it all worth it! 

Edit: Oh and here's some useful information for anyone planning to make one themselves at some point: Upon starting the pylon and seeing the "unfinished" product, lay it on the ground and you can see a "footprint" of which direction it will be in. This is the time to decide the direction, because after it's completed, you will not be able to rotate it anymore! You WILL be able to push and pull it though! So you don't have to stress about getting the SPOT right, only the DIRECTION. 

Then, something I didn't know before making it, is that you don't have to waste your high level stone to make stone slabs, save your high level stuff for the stone bricks. You see stone slabs can be IMPROVED! I never knew that before. 

pylon.jpg

Edited by Malena
  • Like 8

B0DflFE.jpg
Finally got my hands on a nether star.
:ph34r:

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 5

On 07/01/2018 at 4:58 PM, Malena said:

Edit: Oh and here's some useful information for anyone planning to make one themselves at some point: Upon starting the pylon and seeing the "unfinished" product, lay it on the ground and you can see a "footprint" of which direction it will be in. This is the time to decide the direction, because after it's completed, you will not be able to rotate it anymore!

Don't fret too hard on this one, i figured the wrong direction (after following or mis-following advice) and a GM very kindly, rotated it for me. 

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

Valrei, Jackal and Seris in a triple conjunction:

UwTW5vW.jpg

kR9TzdM.jpg

• Like 9

On 05/01/2018 at 11:09 PM, Malena said:

DaggerIsle03.jpg

Seen the video earlier and I must say one thing, I really do want those guys in WO. Great work as always @Malena those frozen landscape of yours looks way better than our winters.

• Like 4

We all knew they will come one day..Well they are here!!!:o

HRt4kTO.jpg

• Like 9

Once upon a time, there was a wee 1x1 tile house. And in that house was a small square table. And next to the table was a small stool. And next to that table and stool stood a very rigged-legged young Malena, whose feet ached since she would have loved to rest her feet and sit upon that stool, but could not. And her belly ached too, as she would have loved to set the table and eat some grub. 

Once in a while, Malena would prey to the gods, whispering under her breath for being able to some day sit at her little table and eat a civilized meal. 

However the gods were extremely busy, as building worlds is time consuming and tedious work... but once in a while they'd stop to listen to all of those little prayers being murmured by the vast and many mortals. And among those prayers they managed to hear Malena's soft voice as well. And in time, they granted her and all the folk of the land the ability bend their knees and plop their bottoms down on their thrones, benches and chairs. Oh what joy! What rejoicement! 

And they did hear the wishes to be able to set a table with plates, knives and forks, or to set down a potted flower or vase upon a marble table. They heard.  And thus, the gods started devising a plan, but it would take some time and thought. 

MEANWHILE over in the land of unlimited possibilities, there is a hero of mine, a genius called bdew, who has made 2 new mods for Wurm Unlimited.

A more recent one I didn't know about until yesterday... a mod to place items on tables. Yes... ITEMS ON TABLES. I'm so excited about this that I can hardly contain myself. ITEMS ON TABLES!!!

The second one is a brand new mod to spawn any creature as a "decoration" and set which state it should be in: standing and alive and animated, dead or butchered. 

And thanks to these mods, I've been able to create this:

Welcome to the Nujel'm Butcher!

nujelm_butcher01.jpg

Our butchers use salt to preserve the freshness of the meat.

nujelm_butcher02.jpg

Our pheasants have been hung for a week, to provide the most succulent meat!

nujelm_butcher03.jpg

For the more adventurous connoisseur, try our pickled bladder, smoked bacon or fermented lard!

nujelm_butcher04.jpg

Edited by Malena
  • Like 35

On 1/11/2018 at 0:30 AM, Odynn said:

Seen the video earlier and I must say one thing, I really do want those guys in WO. Great work as always @Malena those frozen landscape of yours looks way better than our winters.

Aw thanks :) .The polar bears really are very cute :). At first I was thinking that Wurm intentionally makes animals which are "mid-range" climate-wise so they suit the mediaval "european landscape. But then I realized that we do that scorpions for instance! So if we have something from a desert type area, why not more nordic creatures as well then. 

11 hours ago, Malena said:

why not more nordic creatures as well then.

aye, your seals and bears playing nicely in your video was great (no artic fox though, booooo!), lets just hope the devs will be inspired by it and add seasonal creatures... i know for sure someone would love mammoth in game.

WU creativity never cease to amaze me and i hope to see more of your works (all of you) in the screenshot thread and hope the devs see what we are missing on our dear WO.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Ever wondered what it would look like to set a table in Wurm with all the cutlery and dishes we have? Here ya go, thanks to the taxidermy mod for Wurm Unlimited :). 

dinner-table.jpg

Edited by Malena
  • Like 24

wow.... yet we only need another mod so that we can eat our meals on that table.

ps: are there table clothes now, too?

Edited by Sonneillon

39 minutes ago, Sonneillon said:

wow.... yet we only need another mod so that we can eat our meals on that table.

ps: are there table clothes now, too?

As far as I know, you can in fact eat the food straight from the table. The mod with which those dishes were placed allows you to place any item on a table. So I could easily have placed food stuffs on those plates as well if I'd have wanted to. See the earlier screenies showing the butcher's shop for instance. So to eat, all you'd have to do is right click that item and choose "eat". 

MuMZx2v.jpg

Next step to archaeology, rebuild a whole town.

• Like 5

AHHHHH LOVE THE DINING TABLE!!!! wish we could have this in Wurm online!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goldfinch said:

AHHHHH LOVE THE DINING TABLE!!!! wish we could have this in Wurm online!!

Well good news. From what I've heard, the Wurm devs are working on something like this. I really hope they implement it similarly to how Bdew did it. I really like the way this works. (activate the item you want to put on the table > right click table and choose "place" > move and rotate the item around like you would any item > If you move the table, the stuff you already carefully positioned stays "attached" (which is soooooo nice!) > removing an item from the table is like picking up any item from the floor)

Edited by Malena
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Malena said:

Well good news. From what I've heard, the Wurm devs are working on something like this. I really hope they implement it similarly to how Bdew did it. I really like the way this works. (activate the item you want to put on the table > right click table and choose "place" > move and rotate the item around like you would any item > If you move the table, the stuff you already carefully positioned stays "attached" (which is soooooo nice!) > removing an item from the table is like picking up any item from the floor)

That seems like a wonderful implementation and a much needed feature. Wurm would look even more fantastic!

• Like 3

On 1/16/2018 at 6:26 AM, Odynn said:

MuMZx2v.jpg

Next step to archaeology, rebuild a whole town.

is it the rainbow deed? Forgot the name.

1 hour ago, Wulfgarr said:

is it the rainbow deed? Forgot the name.

• Like 2

dc44db3837a251a1bd2561cf67dce447.png

so, this is how it looks when sailing, at night, in a boat dyed black with water reflections turned off (because I always get lost and confused with them on)

• Like 2