Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Cloth Clothing Dye

I think that by default all cloth clothing should be white. In order to add color you would need to use dyes.

• Like 3

-Post removed because it was negative and I was really tired and didn't understand the OP when I read it lol-

Edited by Shrimpiie

+1

White cloth equipment by default and adding dyes to change it's color would be fantastic. I tend to wear cloth armor when i'm not wearing chainmail so I'd like some customization in that area at some point :)

I'm hoping one day we can change the color of specific model pieces, such as the pants but not the belt around the pants. Basically not coloring the entire model one shade like how it happens now.

Umm... So i think I misread it lol. It was late, I was tired, what can I say ;D

+1 to the idea lol

-1 Rather than require dye skill to have nice looking colored clothes, add bleach so that dyers can start from white. The problem with current dye is the monochromatic nature of it. So do it if you like it but do not force everyone else to wear it.

I think a good white dye is actually not that easy to create. I wouldn't necessarily make white the default, I'd make it more of a burlap grey texture similar to what it is now.

As far as dying clothes from a more neutral base though, we could be dying the cotton prior to making the clothes themselves. Either from clicking the menu, or letting the cotton soak in a barrel of dye.

Oh, great idea, just take a chunk of cotton and stick it into a barrel with enough dye to color the whole thing. Also, the longer you leave it in, the better the color gets up to the color of the dye itself :D

I like some of the preset colours, but I'd also love to be able to dye clothing any colour I want. It'd be great if we could keep the old colours and have an option to make a white version of every piece of clothing, and dye that.