Sign in to follow this  
SUPERSPAZZ

More Detailed Boats

I think the boats need to be a little more detailed and make them look better and maybe fix how you can dye them so not everything has to be one color.

Edited by SUPERSPAZZ

the dyeing bit I'm sure i saw a dev mention that they are planning on adding masks or whatever so you can dye specific areas on all sorts of items, but they didn't give a timescale. as for the detail.... yeah I agree but i think other stuff could do with updating models first :)

Update their models and I'd be happy. Well I'm happy with Wurm itself already, but it would make it all the better for boats to get some lovin lol

+1

Make the wood textures be for each part based on the majority component wood for that part. Applewood decks, Cedar Hull, Pine mast....

Then be able to dye each part before integration.

Edited by yarnevk

Make the wood textures be for each part based on the majority component wood for that part. Applewood decks, Cedar Hull, Pine mast....

If this were to happen you wouldn't see any more large oak or willow boats. The fruit tree wood types would be uncommon, and we'd slowly see the rise of plain looking boats everywhere due to birch, pine, cedar, etc being easier to grow and cut enough wood for a boat from.

Can't really say I'd like the mixing and matching of wood types. I prefer the way it is now where we can choose what wood type we want the boat to be by the last piece attached.

Edited by Laiwyn
  • Like 1

+1

Boats need a facelift.

I'd like to the the sailboat to be controlled from the rudder and the sail turned sideways so we can see forward. The current implementation is a hack with alot of clipping.

What do you mean, you can already see forward on a sailboat. And what are you talking about a hack, you hacked the game? 0.o

A bit confused

+1 For moving boat parts and proper swaying. Id love to see some of the positions fixed on boats (same for carts) as well as some possible animations or sitting positions.

+1 on the dying part, also we could have more boat types maybe?

+1 on the dying part, also we could have more boat types maybe?

Catamaran sailboats. We need these so bad.

What do you mean, you can already see forward on a sailboat. And what are you talking about a hack, you hacked the game? 0.o

A bit confused

You can only see forwards and backwards because your character clips through the sail. Want I want is them position near the rear like an actual sailboat.

It's a hack implementation. The original use of the term. What people do in modern times is called botting, scripting and phishing.

Catamaran sailboats. We need these so bad.

Personally I would love a "water-skimmer" fast travel boat, no inventory hold only passengers for game balance reasons, with a major speed boost over the current sailboat and perfect for exploring or cross-server travel, rather than heavy trading (and like the small boats, not affected too adversely by poor winds as this design could manipulate small air currents regardless of direction). Perhaps even a game mechanic where the player had to tilt the angle of sails separately before capturing the best speed, and be ready to adjust with changing wind patterns/currents (ie -- fully involved in the process of sailing rather than AFK travel). Maybe check out the MMO named Uncharted Waters Online for how ships and sails work in that game. The current b oats could use the existing uncomplicated methods for sailing (point and go).

cats.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Personally I would love a "water-skimmer" fast travel boat, no inventory hold only passengers for game balance reasons, with a major speed boost over the current sailboat and perfect for exploring or cross-server travel,

Raft+Oar should be able to cross servers so people don't have to build rowboats just to go across. I ran into this when coming back a month ago. Perhaps replace rafts with shipping containers like in another thread.