Sign in to follow this  
Darkmalice

Naming Bodies Of Water For The Community Map [Closed]

Rule is no animal names.....(though I like your animal choices)

It's not 'no animals' I would just prefer some originality.

For number 8# I think That "BIgfoot Bay" would be kind of cool, as it is open to the ocean so its not a lake, The "Sheild Mountians" I would like to veto as I am nestled right beside them, would "Quercus Ridge?" be appealing?

Those off of number one which I believe is our lake where my town camelot is located, I am open for anything realistic, personally I like "Moon Lake" as we seem to have nice sunsets and sunrises in our location along with full night skys, actually an awsome place I love it so much, the reflections I get from night time off the lake are amazing so Moon Lake to me works, it also is so calm all the time almost mystical, thats my thoughts on it at least.

Personally id like to see some original names for once rather than simple boreing ones, to be honest if wurm was real and you were in it would you seriously discover a new land and say call it, dolphin bay because it looks kinda like a dolphin? I dont think so. (if you would please visit me asap for a good slapping)

Maybe try some role playing, name a lake after a fallen hero youve totally made up a story for in your head, name a mountain after the imaginary wind you believe gusts around it ect ect

What i mean to say is use your imagination! :P

Edited by Crack

It's not 'no animals' I would just prefer some originality.

OK put Anaconda Anchorage back in there for the big SE harbour.

the northwest lake should be called

"The Heartshaped lake"

Eventhough we know now that it is infact not heart shaped, It was called that for along time.

Personally id like to see some original names for once rather than simple boreing ones, to be honest if wurm was real and you were in it would you seriously discover a new land and say call it, dolphin bay because it looks kinda like a dolphin? I dont think so. (if you would please visit me asap for a good slapping)

Maybe try some role playing, name a lake after a fallen hero youve totally made up a story for in your head, name a mountain after the imaginary wind you believe gusts around it ect ect

What i mean to say is use your imagination! :P

I probably would...if it undoubtedly looked like a dolphin and anyone who walked to it was like 'why did this idiot who found this place name it Magic Muffin Bay when I could've CLEARLY found it faster if it was called dolphin bay'. Just sayin... imagination is great but some common sense with relation to the lake/bay/inlet should also be taken into consideration.

Updated OP with suggestions. I think we have consensus on at least two already. Good luck with that NW one lol.

Should have gone with the name it was given by any hoots, Call it something like Conflict lake or Northwall Lake (or westwall lake)

rel4.png\\

I nominate: Rorshach Lake, Amoeba Lake or Butterfly Mustache Lake

Mustache lake! Haha

#4 (since I live by it) I'd vote for Amoeba Lake since I'm not creative enough to give a suggestion.

Mustache lake! Haha

OK that gives me an idea

Mercury Lake. As in Freddie...

For number #1

The Northern Loch

Loch Fang

Or something with the word Loch instead of lake, to give it more of a northern feel and make it a little different.

I like Loch Tailfin myself (and being Scottish, Loch just sounds more natural).

Edited by Darkmalice

It can have the lochness monster in it like a folklore type thing might even put it in on the map for fun..heh

1# North Marsh

or North Marsh Lake (but thats quite a mouthful)

(as its got alot of marsh tiles around it and i quite like it, just seems original

Right, this should've ended the other day so here's the dealio;

#1 is not getting named. At this point it sounds like it's a pool of blood from feuds and not a lake anyway.

#2 I'm picking one of the suggested names because it's too damn big not to have one. You can ###### at me if you don't like it, w/e.

#3 Named.

#4 I'm not seeing a consensus, so I will give it a week then ask kchat if the forums can't decide. You have been warned.

#5 I see a theme emerging here, so we're going with Erosion Fjords.

#6 Named.

#7 Unnamed.

#8 Definitely 'Something' Bay. Same deal as #4, 7 days for forums to decide or kchat will.

Maybe #1 should be "Lake of Blood" then. :D

#5: sounds like a good combo of suggested themes!

Unless it's too late, I would like to submit "Bay of Cuiviénen" for #5. Otherwise, I give my support to Sørlige-fjords.

(Mayor of Port Mithirian)

Edited by Aariez

Aariez (Mithirian) caught me in-game and asked what I thought of his suggestion, and I like it more than my suggestions for #5 too. So if it's not too late, I'm happy to change my vote in support of that one. :)