Sign in to follow this  
Lynxaria

Statues Improving In Appearance The Higher The Quality.

As a Mason, I take a lot of pride in my stonework, and was a little sad, when imping my statues I didn't notice any significant changes to them. They are meant to be beautiful or meanacing works of art, and is one way to show off your masonry skill. I think it would be a neat feature to have the statue gradually look 'better' the higher the quality is. Even if that means having them look slightly less desirable as they pop out now, (darker, less defined, cracked, etc.) and say have them increase in appearance at every 20 quality intervals.

So at 100 quality, your statue can have a particularly nice shine to them, zero cracks, and look very well defined, and at 1 quality they could be basically a vague slab of stone, with only the basic contours completed.

Probably would be a lot of work, but just another realistic and fun element that could be added to the game, to further show off one's masonry skill, I am sure more people would seek skilled masons for their talents for this reason too. :)

• Like 3

The statue models are part of the really old art assets Wurm has carried for years. I'm sure the time for an overhaul of the decoration items will come eventually, including both new models and systems for altering their appearance. With the recent additions of new rock types, now is a good a time as any.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson
  • Like 1

Actually, marble statues would be a great addition. Different color/shades for rock and marble. Marble Pillars/foundation, as well as marble fountains! Wurm has taken many overhauls thus far, another great addition just on the side, would to be able to actually "sit" in chairs and actually put things on tables. With animations added to the game now, it is possible i would think.

On the side thought, Slate could be used for this probably as well. Black statues!

Edited by Tekada

This should be true even for the most mundane why imp your wood/stone house/fence just to push off decay and live up to a troll bash if they are on a deed where that really does not matter much? Up cosmetics to reflect the QL!

Chill out guys, no reason to be yelling.

Anyhoo, I like the idea of the appearance updating with ql, wouldn't be easy to code though ;D

+1

wouldn't be easy to code though ;D +1

Oh for sure, but would be a feature not many (if any) other games have, and could be applied to many other items, such as tables, fountains, beds, etc.

Wow, what a neat idea. I love it. But the programmers are probably groaning right now! :)

Anyhoo, I like the idea of the appearance updating with ql, wouldn't be easy to code though ;D

Uh, you are aware we have different wall/fence textures/models for different damages? It can't be that hard to code different textures/models for statue ql...

+1 though, gives a reason to imp the statues.

+1 to the OP, would make a lot more sense than the current system.

As a side note it may be nice to be able to place objects on our statues also. I thought about this at Christmas, I wanted to put the santa hat on one of my statues in the town center.