Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Things We Need In Marble

title says it, I wanna make a list of things that would be a great addition to the game made of marble!

-housewalls

-roofs

-streetpavings

-Collossus

-Pillars

-fountains

-benches

-bowls(not sure if possible in real)

-vases(not sure if possible in real)

-statues

-fences(similar to iron fences or small stone walls)

-god statuettes

-jewelery

-mine door

-(bed ?)

-altar

....to be continued

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 5

Seems like nice things to have.

One bothersome thing I'd like to point out however is that the things we create from marble (and rock, even) should probably look a bit more like they were actually chiseled out with a rough iron stone chisel, and not made with a 3d printer. Almost all of the current models have this problem that they don't look hand-crafted at all. A model update across the board (with new textures for the new material types, of course) would be in order.

One bothersome thing I'd like to point out however is that the things we create from marble (and rock, even) should probably look a bit more like they were actually chiseled out with a rough iron stone chisel, and not made with a 3d printer.

This statue made out of stone and an iron chisel, by the sculptor Michaelangelo:

michelangelo-sculpture.jpg

So, could you maybe elaborate on that statement?

edited for spelling

Edited by Garis
  • Like 1

This statue made out of stone and an iron chisel, by the sculptor Michaelangelo:

michelangelo-sculpture.jpg

So, could you maybe elaborate on that statement?

edited for spelling

I'd be delighted to.

Firstly, I'm mainly thinking about how some of the models contain very thin or sharp sections that simply doesn't look like they could hold themselves up/together if they were made of rock. Secondly, marble (used in your example) has some advantages in that it's relatively soft and easy to work, refine, and polish compared to most other mineral types. A demon statue could never be chipped out of a block of granite. Therefor some richly detailed sculptures should only be possible to create from marble. Thirdly, a Wurmian starting out with stonecutting shouldn't be capable of producing statues looking like the works of Michelangelo. Nothing short of 90 stonecutting should be required for something looking like your example. If it isn't too taxing on the client resources, a sliding scale of crudeness should be imparted in the sculptures depending on their QL.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

We already have a marble bench.

Bring back the older stone bench model or make a more suitable one, and then move the current stone bench model to one requiring marble in the construction.

• Like 1

I'd love for them to add this just to see some more difficult items added to stone cutting to make the skill more rewarding.

I would love to see more uses for marble as it seems very limited in how it can be utilised. I have around 3 times more marble tiles in my relatively small mine than anything else. I have a few tin, and 2 iron veins. No sign at all of the other veins so far.

Is it common to have far more marble tiles than you need in a mine? Am I just unlucky with my regional veins being just marble or do most people have lots of it? If it's a common problem, maybe it could be made somewhat rarer, perhaps to mirror how commonly it might be used?

Alternative, feel free to transmute 90% of the marble tiles around my deed to stuff that's actually useful, like plain old rock shards... =)

Edited by Delakar

+1 , like it very much , anything wich gives us more possibilities in creating art in wurm :)

+1

Also fix the shiny morning that sometimes make all the floor.. shines... my marble floor blinds me :( ..

I'd be delighted to.

Firstly, I'm mainly thinking about how some of the models contain very thin or sharp sections that simply doesn't look like they could hold themselves up/together if they were made of rock. Secondly, marble (used in your example) has some advantages in that it's relatively soft and easy to work, refine, and polish compared to most other mineral types. A demon statue could never be chipped out of a block of granite. Therefor some richly detailed sculptures should only be possible to create from marble. Thirdly, a Wurmian starting out with stonecutting shouldn't be capable of producing statues looking like the works of Michelangelo. Nothing short of 90 stonecutting should be required for something looking like your example. If it isn't too taxing on the client resources, a sliding scale of crudeness should be imparted in the sculptures depending on their QL.

Were you born without an imagination?

Since wood types already have choices by wood type I'd hope metal and stone will be soon to follow.

marble coffin, now that would look real nice, polished smooth with crisp edges. Make a pretty nice mausoleum with those

Marble toilets? Lol I know, silly... But isn't it about time our characters were able to enjoy the go? ;P

anything that is more decoration items is an excellent idea for me.

Is it common to have far more marble tiles than you need in a mine? Am I just unlucky with my regional veins being just marble or do most people have lots of it? If it's a common problem, maybe it could be made somewhat rarer, perhaps to mirror how commonly it might be used?

Already was this, then people cried they haz no marble floors because they would have to get off the floor and go look for it, or go pay someone that already did that. A little thing called reprospect patch and marble became as common as iron. Why do you think this thread exists? People have more marble now than they needed for floors and have no idea what to do with it. They cannot sell what everyone already has.

Already was this, then people cried they haz no marble floors because they would have to get off the floor and go look for it, or go pay someone that already did that. A little thing called reprospect patch and marble became as common as iron. Why do you think this thread exists? People have more marble now than they needed for floors and have no idea what to do with it. They cannot sell what everyone already has.

Until today i have acces to 4 large mines, and wen i say large its cause the smaller one span for about 45x50 tiles, the others are really bigger i´ve also mined a 3 wide tunnel spanning about 100 tiles long, the mines are in 3 different regions, and until now not a single marble or slate vein showed, despite i´ve saw every other veins type.

So in no way is marble or slate nearly as common as iron, please lets keep the no sense at the lowest level and focus in the OP proposal.

please don't use this thread for a discussion about how marble veins were introduced and stuff....o.o

if you wanna say something, tell me if there are things to add to that list or why you wouldnt agree with this suggestion ;)

Customized statues and busts.

tumblr_m4d8ky0dff1rwc7vzo1_500.jpg

A player with high enough stone carving would be able to carve a target player's head or full-sized statue.

Perhaps base this off of the custom char system in some manner to reduce the need for new models.

I like your ideas Miretta!

How about:

marble rolling pin and chopping board - maybe to add a bit to pizza dough ql and slightly speed up veg chopping time (chopped veg needs some love again folks!)

marble jewellery - somewhere I have a necklace pendant made from Irish green marble, it's beautiful

marble tableware: platters, cheeseboards, drinking tumblers and mugs

marble mailbox in the shape of a dovecot - instead of 'imps', it holds carrier pigeons that do the same thing - would allow players to 'lure' some pigeons into it once they have a little taming or a little AH.  I believe players shouldn't have to depend on magic for such a mundane basic need.

I hope some of your ideas get implemented Miretta. :) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1