Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Gold, Silver, Steel Roof And Floors!

i know that silver, steel and gold roofs and floors is nothing new... i think i see option to make it in test server... but when we get that? to make nice churchs, banks, houses. when that get alive? also we have now only 2 difrent walls for houses,,,new type of walls will be nice too... mybe iron wall.

Edited by RockyBalboa
  • Like 1

I want to do a copper roof, Im still on the fence if it should be a copper color or have the green patina.

becket, maybe over time it should turn green. like the way iron fences when they get 60dam they go rusty, maybe after 2-3weeks the roof could start to turn green gradually rather than just turning completely green overnight

Um, the textures would have to be different then having a flat, blank sheet of the metal then please :/

Solid gold loadbearing walls ftw.

Edited by Elen

In times past they were simply gold-plated. This could be represented by adding a gold sheet or two to the normal stone building requirement.

and if we can get back crude fances will be nice.... i mean when making houses....

I hope that if/when we get these they will have a more tasteful appearance than just flat surfaces with plain metal-colored textures like something out of Minecraft. I hope that we eventually get some sort of shader-based reflections for metal textures, otherwise metal objects (walls in particular) are doomed to looking weirdly matte and soft like the altars and statuettes.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

I think this would be rather garish and I hope they limit it to the interior. Want to abuse your eyes, fine, just not mine too, please.

Also, gold on the outside, people should be able to mine it and steal it :P

Edited by Jenshiye

Maybe they are in but you need 90 Paving for gold?... :)

In times past they were simply gold-plated. This could be represented by adding a gold sheet or two to the normal stone building requirement.

Could we do this as an ornate addition to marble floors?

When I saw the screenshot from test, pre-1.0, there was an option for copper floors and roofs... I gathered 2000 KGs of copper for that purpose!

I recently saw an iron floor on the life server, looked a lot like marble though. So some things can be done.