Sign in to follow this  
Ricar

Please Change Global And Kingdom Chat Bindings

Okay, I've been playing this game for one week.

There has not been a single thing in the global kingdom chat that I've seen that has not just been offensive, rude or jerkish. It seems that by not being localized, people can just troll others to get hackles raised.

From politics to abortion to whatever nonsense spews from people's mouths that they think is perfectly okay to talk about, I really don't want to see any of this ever again. I find it slightly amusing that the only time a moderator stepped in was when people were actually talking about the game by raffeling off a refferal. Spam, yes but actually game related.

I've found zero use for this global channel whatsoever and there is no way to turn it off.

Technically I -can- turn this off, but it also turns off my local server chat. Full of helpful people that can guide a wayward noob in the right direction when they get lost.... constantly.

Why are these two combined? This just makes no sense that I have to turn them both off. Is there a plan already for making them one or the other?

• Like 1

+1 for the ability to turn off/on global and freedom seperately. On another note, you can /ignore a person if you disagree/dont like what is being said. Annoying?... maybe....but atm its better than nothing.

/ignore name is the command, correct? Yes I think that is a fine solution. Slowly but surely, maybe I can ignore that entire channel. I kept trying to right click people's names but since I didn't see any ignore command, I wasn't sure if that was possible ^_^; Thank you.

You will then ignore them in any channel however - so also when they are talking in a more sensible manner in the server-kchat and you might very well have gladly followed what they were saying....

So yes, +100 to a split: long overdue I think.

Also, it is almost impossible to 'ignore' a flashing tab with your brain so to speak, without having the consequence that when you try to do that, you also don't see flashing tabs anymore of any chats you *do* want to (or need to) follow.

It is the very reason why I miss seeing the help-channel tab light up all too often... because that awful GL-kchat tab just near it is lighting up constantly and I am trying to ignore that...

So please Rolf, give these two seperate channels their own seperate on/off instructions, it is very unlogical they didn't have this from day one on allready imo.

I agree, i posted this same suggestion just a few days ago. Sometimes GL chat is ok.. But most times it's filled with filth sadly.

I do not find the GL chat to be filled with trash most of the time. I often read it while working on this or that and find that, predominently, it contains people asking and answering questions that I find useful and informative, frequently about gameplay. Nevertheless, this issue of chat tab customization would go a LONG way to making this game more enjoyable. ANY tab should be able to be exited from or removed from view, and stay that way, until enabled again by the player. Tabs should be fully customizable, and any tab able to be viewed in a single window. ;~)

What i find funny is that as soon as you write a word in any non-english languaje the gestapo jumps on you in no time, even we you are trying to help someone with the game, but people talking trash all the day long and no one say anything about...

Ever since the new moderation policy of "less is better" these suggestions pop up every few days.

I'll keep +1 all of these threads in the hope that one day this will get implemented.

I really don't know when you watch GL chat, I rarely see things offensive on it, people have a good time, they chat and such. You are by no means required to read the chat that you find offensive, however I think that a split would be great. And if you read earlier threads it has been suggested many times -.-

+1 all the same

+1

Currently I turn chat off. The chat that I miss out on is nothing compared to the sanity I retain, be it from annoying red flashing tabs or trolls.

Edited by Acheronia

remove it and make it global market chat.

you are allowed to type just once in 20minutes there, to avoid spamming when someone sells something :)

I dont think the current globalchat is useful at all.. and if it gets removed then more local people talk in freedom chats ^^

Edited by silakka