Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Give Your Tower Guard A Name!

For some reason I got this really funny idea, that it would be nice if we could give our tower guards names ;) so it wouldnt be that: tower guard comes to your help, but Brian comes to your rescue!

It's just a fun addition ;) and probably could do the same for templars(which would make it easier to distinct whose neighbours templar is on the hunt atm XD)

but I thought it would give the game a little bit more immersion ;) or even give them random names^^

• Like 2

Tower guards with names would be nice (but plz with some sort of profanity and 1337 sp34k filter)

I would love this but i would have a bit of favoritism towards certain guards because "they helped me more times" lol :P

Tower guards with names would be nice (but plz with some sort of profanity and 1337 sp34k filter)

Simple just disable numbers :P

That would be cool, could just be a like a permissions window where you can rename it, with of course the filters :/

+1

I'd like this too but who would be able to name them altogether. Tower builder? Same kingdom ppl? Anyone?

There's another reason not to name them, they don't live very long. There are always dead aged TGs laying around. Solution, increase TG lifespan and FS with age and enable naming. It would be good to have med wounds eventually heal with them too.

Go easy on the female names if this is enabled lol. If monday doesn't help you out from that scorp, you'll know why.

+1

Edited by Silures

Randomly generated names like bred animals: Yes.

Allow naming: NO

Tower guards aren't owned by anyone, they're public defenders. Wurm has enough drama going on without neighboors fighting over whether the guard should be named Stabby McStickem or Slicy Slim.

You can call the tower guards whatever you want just be sure to say help or guard somewhere in there., turn off your chat filter you can call them any @#!% you please.

They die all the time, so manual rename would not be good, and I would rather we get dogs with breeding/pet names in way before guard name generation

-1 too many would be weird and name them something a GM would have to come and fix.

-1 too many would be weird and name them something a GM would have to come and fix.

That is why we said you can add filters

or make them game chosen random names like horses

I named every guard tower I built on elevation last year, has this feature been changed?

I named every guard tower I built on elevation last year, has this feature been changed?

its not about guard towers, but about the guards from the guard towers ;)