Sign in to follow this  
Lordcuvious

Windows 8 Impressions

Old habits die hard especially ones involving physical motor control.

Why do people buy things like this just because it's new? It gets frustrating how absent-minded people can be, they don't use logic and just eat what the money-rakers give them.

BOYCOTT WINDOWS 8 - Windows 7 is good enough!

Why do people buy things like this just because it's new? It gets frustrating how absent-minded people can be, they don't use logic and just eat what the money-rakers give them.

BOYCOTT WINDOWS 8 - Windows 7 is good enough!

Why do people say things like this just because it's new? it gets frustrating how absent-minded people can be, they don't use logic or bother to try the beta/trial of a product before judging it.

P.S. I wouldn't call a full WIndows OS for £25 (~ $40) money-raking...

I think Windows 8 is not that bad at all.

Ok, it's not made for power users, because the clicking and moving around is just so much, you NEED a fix/patch/software to make it look like windows 7, but i think for the regular user and for tabs this is the thing you might really like.

Been using it at work for over 2 months now, and i must say, i like it there, but its not ideal for me.

Edited by whykillme

I think Windows 8 is not that bad at all.

Ok, it's not made for power users, because the clicking and moving around is just so much, you NEED a fix/patch/software to make it look like windows 7, but i think for the regular user and for tabs this is the thing you might really like.

Been using it at work for over 2 months now, and i must say, i like it there, but its not ideal for me.

Thats intresting to hear. I actually thought the complete opposite. I've had no problem getting around it, as I'm used to all the keyboard shortcuts, and rarely touch the start menu anyway. Same for Windows 7.

But what you say is true. If your a power user that prefers the mouse instead keyboard shortcuts then the start menu will slow you down with all the clicking.

Edited by syncaidius

i got windows 8, its pretty neat, but im just waitin for them to fix it up more and get the bugs out of it before i call it my everday OS.

Do many people actually buy the upgrade versions of windows? I was under the impression that most people just get it with the purchase of a new computer.