Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Some Pvp Changes To Chaos

328 members have voted

1. 1. Should we increase PvP on Chaos?

• Yes
    • No

Rolf,

I think I'll receive a lot of flames for this suggestion, so I kindly ask for a kind of temporary burn protection. Thx!

• Like 2

Two subjects I find very annoying and want to get this off my chest:

1. New Map

-If we wanted a new map we would've begged and had one years ago.

2. Increased Skill Gain (like Epic)

-If we wanted this we would be playing on Epic.

None of these are good ideas.

We love having the homes we've been living in for years and we already have the skills to start fighting so why would we want any of these ideas being suggested?(rhetorical)

We just want PvP/Raiding back. That's pretty much it. (Although we'd very much enjoy having kingdoms back too)

a.) get rid of the old Wild PvP. It doesn't cater sufficient user numbers anymore to keep it as valid option.

b.) Find a way for the old Wilders. And if it would be to allow 90 skills on Freedom.

I'm not sure what you mean by these exactly.

a.) Wild PvP is fine, it was only those claiming it was "stagnant" at the turn of Epic. Right now there is a lot of PvP going on. There were probably 50+ deaths last month.

b.) This one confuses me because I can move over to Freedom and keep my 90 skills.

Edited by Kswords
  • Like 6

Make it fast, make it easy, make the possible losses less harsh - you even might get me to pay a visit.

Its called epic. As i said several times we do not want these things.

• Like 1

Thats fair enough, if you do not have the time, then you do not have the time.

Alliance wars would work fine i guess. Although if you want to spend a little time on it, maybe make alliances more "kingdom" like, by adding a capital/king/titles to them along with working towers.

Either way, full PvP is what Chaos needs.

I hope we do get full pvp with kingdoms/pmks, but if kingdoms would be to much work, those aditions to alliances would already be awesome.

Player made kingdoms seems a common want for the Chaos players here, and i think if rolf could do this we would greatly appreciate it!

If you do not have the time however, then that is fair enough and full raiding/PvP will probably work for some time - Its just we need goals and kingdoms supply that.

Either way, cant wait!

Whether twe get some form of kingdom warfare or PMK's or not, I would be happy with just full raiding and pvp. It's what I came to the server to take part in.

• Like 2

i think what would be good is first a real neutral system for thos who dont want to join alliances and if u are neutral then they would have the current pvp style we have now

and for people that are in alliances give them full raiding abilities

and for free players not give them any alliance rights only premium players should have alliance rights

yes i know alot of coding involved but would be nice to consider for the future

In freedom GL chat - [17:10:01] <Djnoxx> vote no to protect chaos from those crazy murderers

Although i find it amusing all those who have voted no, not a single one of them have said why o.O

• Like 2

Even though I do not PvP I voted yes. The current setup on Choas seems to be a dead end. Let the players that want leave get a refund on thier deed and get out of dodge , after that release the dogs of war.

• Like 2

I guess I need an exact mission statement outlining details of any proposed changes. I'm not against this "full" pvp but I'd like to know exactly from Rolf what it entails. Catapult and bashing obviously, but what else?

Admittedly depending on the above details, some people may need time to pack up and leave or to more secure their deed for the coming invasions :P

Until I see such details I can't vote.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Chaos fixed would be awesome.

A new map would be intresting too, WL vs BL, PMK's, champs, artifacts, as it once was. Portal to get there, skill follow, but not items.

Anything is fine really, aslong as I can get my freedom toons into pvp.

• Like 2

Well one of the biggest things Chaos doesnt need is to close the door from the rest of the Freedom Isles. I think myself that this attachment benefits Chaos in the long run. Allows new blood to come to the server and keeps people from being trapped if they dont like it or just simply want a break.

Its fairly certain that PMK's and the old system is not going to come back as this creates issues dealing with server crossings due to different kingdoms.

However since we cannot change kingdoms perhaps we need to modify the PMK code a bit and create Baronies. Although under the same kingdom it was quite common for a barony to wage war against another, in our case we just consider them all hostile towards one another. This way no model changes are needed and allow smooth server crossings. I personally think there should be titles, ie Baron for the Barony founder, a few other given out at his discretion and title Knight for each Mayor of a village withing the barony. In history it was common for the Baron to split his lands up and give a knight control of each part. I myself dont think the titles should have fight bonuses but that would be something that would need a consensus from Chaos players on.

In my personal opinion even if this fix took months to add allowing you to just work on it during spare time it would be well worth the wait and have a proper fix than quick changes.

• Like 2

If we get full catapulting/bashing back, we ABSOLUTELY need something like old Kingdom influence back to stop any idiot from planting an enemy deed 50 tiles away from every single major village.

Personally:

-1 to Epic like skill gain. If you want that, go to the Epic clusters.

-1 to a new map. This is the oldest map still alive in Wurm and has the most history, money, and work done into it.

+1 to a return of the Blacklighters.

+1 to player made kingdoms.

• Like 2

Rolf asked me if i wanted him to spend weeks on developing Chaos - Well yes, i do!

I would love to see Chaos finally properly fixed for once in a year and a half.

Please give us PMK's/kingdoms :(

• Like 1

Good post Gavin.

Btw , why would it be hard to make pmks on wild and still allow free travel between the servers?

Since we're wishing for stuff, my personal wish would be for alliances and deeds to automatically be neutral to each other and thus, prevent immediate random raiding. Then allow alliances or deeds to declare non consensual war on another alliance / deed which then allows full raiding. Out in the wild, business as usual. Doing things like this means you're not by default in a state of perpetual war against everyone but your own alliance / village. This allows people the option to negotiate away their concerns rather than just smash and grab as it is now. Makes things more interesting at least knowing it doesn't always have to be constant war. Of course it wouldn't stop people declaring war on everyone and raiding as they see fit but it will make it possible for people to ally themselves for the purposes of punishing the warmongering deeds, should it come to that. As long as there's a brief period between declaring war and being able to raid, it gives people a little time to prepare for war rather than wake up one morning and find their walls down and token drained.

But you know, full raiding under whatever circumstances is a must. Just be nice to do things in a way that will encourage people to stay or move over instead of just leave.

• Like 2

Rolf asked me if i wanted him to spend weeks on developing Chaos - Well yes, i do!

I would love to see Chaos finally properly fixed for once in a year and a half.

Please give us PMK's/kingdoms :(

Weeks coding something he left to stagnate for over a year while everyone on the server constantly cried out for something to be done. Sounds fine to me. Though i don't see how it could possibly take weeks lol.

• Like 2

Not voting on this but still I will state that whatever is done with Wild/Chaos keep the code seperate from the other Freedom Isles PvE servers. I could care less what is done with it as long as it does not have an impact on the *real* Freedom Isles. Why should it be considered a part of them anyway. Just enable sailing to and from there to the real Freedom Isles servers and let them do their thing over there.

Also, I see no fix for attracting and retaining players to that server since it is centered around others having the ability to hinder other players ability to enjoy the game in various ways that are sanctioned by the pvp concept. Now the intent of Rolf's suggestion is to further remove protections to deeds so that the players who worked to build them can have this destroyed and their RL funds invested put at risk for other bands of brigands to take for their own profit. Sure this is the known intent of a new change to the pvp mechanics there but does this make it more attractive to entice others to play upon this server. I think not.

Give up the pipedream that Wild/Chaos will ever be a success in comparison with the other Freedom Isles servers and face the reailty that it will always be a stunted dwarf in comparison to those giants. I can see that Rolf wants to hold onto it as a nostalgic hope for what Wurm could be as a pvp game but time has shown that it will never be a success in comparison to the PvE servers, which were only created as a secondary option to his main vision of this pvp server and game play. Best to let Rolf tinker around with it I suppose, as long as the main focus is upon the PvE servers and aspects of the game.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Ayes, we never wanted Wild to join your "precious" freedom isles.

Thank you for your witless comment, since you see pvp as just griefing and not a real way to enjoy the game.

• Like 9

Now that the game visuals are starting to come along, I see the lack of compelling combat, both PvP and PvE as being one of the last big items holding Wurm back. Since 1.0 there are a lot more subscribers. Maybe it's time to hire a server dev (or at least a consultant) to be dedicated to finally bring combat to "1.0" standards.

Even though it would take a long time to get right, I think that pulling the trigger for PMKs is the right thing to do, and will be worth the wait.

Of note, it was nice when wild could raid the home server.